Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

wannabear Mini Fine Things
Colorado

Please tell me what I need to do to add more character or whatever to this Please!!!!!  Serious critiques please I can take them and run with them.  Thanks

Shelly N in Colorado
Puffalumpa.jpg

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Shelly,

Well, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert or anything, but I can give my opinion if you want it.  :hug:

I don't know if you are wanting to do just minor touch up, or if you want to completely overhaul the bear.... also, more than one pic would be good. :)

If I were going to redo the bear's face, I would probably move the eyes a little further apart and down right where the nose starts to give it a more babyish look.  Maybe change the nose; I love bears with big noses, so definitely keep it big, but maybe not fuzzy?  Can someone chime in on this, please?  I don't know what the mouth looks like, either.  As for the feet, I think I would do what you did in reverse, white background with black paw pads, so those neat nails stand out a bit more. Oh yeah, and a paw pad for each nail, too!

I hope I wasn't out of line; just trying to help!

:hug:

Kimberly W.

wannabear Mini Fine Things
Colorado

Thank you!  This is exactly what I am looking for HONESTY!!!!!  I am so new at this that I don't really have a clue what I am doing.....

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hey, no problem!  Well, you just keep plugging away at it!  You are really good for a newbie!!  Here's a tip: If you think something is kind of off, try looking at your bear in the mirror (hold it up and look at it's reflection) Don't ask me how it works, but it gives you a whole new perspective on the bear's face, and oftentimes you can see faults better!

Best of luck, and let us see the bear when you are done!! :)

Kimberly W.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wanna Bear,
I think you are on the right track and I like you design..I just think you need to go a little further.  I agree with what Kim has said already.

To add my two cents:   I would work some more felting around the eyes, above and below,  and add shading in layers of colors starting with pinks , beiges, or light browns.  Then adding a just a wee touch of black.   I like the nose except but I would trim down the fuzzy look. 

Don't give up! bear_thumb

Board footer