Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

cbuck80537 Posts: 1

bear_original I am publishing a book for special needs children  It is a picture book that promotes langauge.  I used a Russ bear in the sampe pages.  The publisher loved it but Russ will not give permission to use the bear.  I paid 200.00 for a prototype bear from a company called creature comforts.  The bear was horrible.  The fabric was cheap and the bear had a horrible face.  This book is going to be published as a series.  I have spent hours online trying to figure out how to have a bear manufactored.  I happened onto this website and am hoping that someone has an original, adorable bear for sale to be the character of a book that is ready to be published.   I photograph the bear then facial expression is added digitally.  Any ideas??  The publisher is waiting!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hello.  bear_original Why not check the For Sale section??  bear_thumb http://teddy-talk.com/viewforum.php?id=3

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Check the bears for sale on this site, or check on ebay - you can find whatever you want there! You don't say what size of bear you want???

bear hugs, Edie

K Pawz Guest

I am sure that you will be blown away with the original bears listed for sale here, not to mention the quality and craftsmanship of the bears as well...check out the bears for sale, or even bid4bears, I know you will find just what you are looking for...Good luck with the book, and please let us know what you find to use for your bear....

Hugs,
Krista

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Another suggestions is to check out the websites of artists here who's work you like.  Just peruse through some of the messages and look at the avatars (the photos to the left under the members ID).  If they have the website you should find a link under their name.  You might find someone whose work you like and they don't currently have anything listed in the For Sale section.  Also...check out the Showcase section, those bears & friends are not currently for sale but you might find a "style" you like.

There is tons of great artist bears here...you surely should find something that appeals to you.   We are a friendly, chatty bunch!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

You didn''t specify what style bear you wanted - cute and cuddly or lovable old vintage style.  There are so many different types on Bears for Sale or the Showcase section, you should be able to find someething you like fairly quickly - good luck and let us know if you find something (did I say we are a little nosey)! :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Chuck I suggest that you look at the websites of the artists here I am sure that you will find something for sure.......

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=20]Good luck with your book!  Be sure to come back and tell us how the problem worked itself out!  And good for you!  Writing a book for special needs kids!  [/size]

bear_tongue

Board footer