Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

We’re here!  After we checked into the motel, we went in to visit for a moment with the people who were here to take the class with Jennifer Laing.  They were doing extreme makeovers! 

luluclass2.jpg

Here’s Jennifer teaching the class.  She was doing drawings and demonstrations of how she “remakes” different parts of the bears that came for makeovers.  She talked about feet and faces and how to use sculpting, markers and scissors to make the bears look great (hey, there were needles, but no botox!)

luluclass.jpgluluclass3.jpg

See all the bears laying on the table?  These are the ones the students brought for the class.  Soon we’ll see all of them appearing as transformed bears, made into superstars!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh what a fun project!  I wish we could all be there!

bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original

DITTO--this class looks fantastic. More more more!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes . . . we want more from Lois!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What a great report.  It is so fun to see the shows that I'll probably never get to attend in person.  Thanks a million for sharing with us.   :clap:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Now that would be a REALLY fun class to take - just seeing what everyone else did to "recreate" their bear and the ideas everyone could share! It would be a barrel of laughs I'm sure - can just imagine some of the comments!
Bear hugs, Edie

Mark Mark's Bears
Albuquerque, NM

This was a great class to take.  I highly recommend it if it comes your way.  This was my first teddy bear related class and I can see how some little nips and tucks and coloring can make a huge difference.  We touched on many topics; needle sculpting the face and paws, adding an open mouth both at the design stage and adding an open mouth to a finished bear.  I wouldn't have believed you could do it to a finished bear but I saw Luann of Lulu bears add an open mouth to her finished bear and it looked like it was there all along!  We also did some coloring with Copic markers, added eye lids, put different finishes on noses, talked about adding teeth and claws, coloring the backs of clear glass eyes and many other things of which I don't remember at this time.

The really impressive thing was when Jennifer brought out her bag of tricks.  It reminded us of the little cars filled with clowns in the circus where the clowns keep coming and coming and coming.  There's no way she could have kept all those tools in that bag without a secret compartment. :)

Happy bear trails,

Mark

Board footer