Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

I went to school this morning and as soon as I walked into the gate, a teacher was telling to go on the top oval. I had no idea what was going on. I walked down and found my form class. I asked what was going on and they said it was just a fire drill. We were there for a long time and I heard that someone had planted a bomb in the school. Thinking it was only a drill,  I didn't worry to much. I did start to freak out a bit when I saw about 12 policemen, 2 fire trucks and 3 ambulances. We sat on the top oval for about 20 minutes until we were told to move to the bottom oval which is bigger and further away from building then the top one. When we got there, a teacher told us to switch off our mobile phones as the signal might sent of the bomb. We sat there for an hour and a half. We were finally told to go back to our form room and wait till the bell goes and when it does, we had to continue with the normal time table.

It ended up that there was no bomb in the school. The teachers took it really serious which I guess is a good thing. I got to miss out on my english class! Hooray! I was told there was a scare 2 years ago but they didn't take it as seriously as the one today. It was an interesting start to the week!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, dear!
It must not have been a good time there, wondering if all that was a bad joke or the truth!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

It would have been frightening.

Over at the local shops in Canberra, where I shop most of the time, there was a bomb scare.  The shops were shut for most of the day.  Unfortunatly though, it looks as if there was really a bomb.

I haven't heard an update, but they made a press release saying that the devise looked complicated and authentic!  How frightening is that?

Glad to hear you were fine Sam!  I think they need to be over cautious - because bombs are real - especially in these times.  Unfortunatly some people get off making a joke and causing a lot of trouble.
Danni

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I bet it was scarry going back into class  bear_rolleyes

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow that was bad. Glad everyone is ok.  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad $am, what a scary day you had--I'm glad there was no bomb, and that everyone's ok.

At least the school did take the threat seriously--these days there's no choice.

bear_angry But as a long-retired English Prof, I'm sorry that you missed your English class :crackup:  :crackup:

Eileen

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very scary Sam and glad that it was not for real.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Sam, I'm glad it was just a scare.  They had bomb scares here too when I was in school.  they were never taken lightly. :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Sam . . . I'm so glad the bomb scare was a fake - but the school authorities can't be too careful these days.  What an ordeal!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

How scary!  I'm glad everyone is ok.

Board footer