Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

hey,
just browsing thru an Avon catalog and I've decided that I really like them. There's something about 'shopping' at work that is soo much fun.

So what others are there? Isn't there an L.L. Bean? I don't use make-up or other girly stuff and I've run out of ideas. I want to sign up to get a bunch in the mail.

Do you guys have a favorite Catalog? Or any good ideas? Preferably ones I can get in Canada.

Not sure it's a good idea to shop at work, but hey! you only live once right? LOL

Thanks girls!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Heather,  bear_flower
If you like to decorate, one of my favorites is Ballard Designs.  Still traditional, but less frilly is Pottery Barn.  If you like candles, Illuminations is a good one.  If you like clothes, Spiegel is a lovely choice.  For outdoor accessories, Frontgate is fabulous.  Just put a .com behind any of those I've listed and you can request a shopping catalog. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Me too Heather.  I love to sit witha cup of tea and browse through catalogs.  Here are some of my favotires:

Victoria's Secrets
Lerner
Tandy Leather
Chadwicks
Avon
The Toy Shoppe

My husband will sometimes try to intercept the Victoria's Secrets because I spend the most on that catalog.  When I bust him he just laughs bear_grin  They have the BEST jeans and other types of clothing.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

catalogs are fun, but I usually just look at the web sites of the ones I like..lol my favorites are:
Lehmans Non-Electric
Caprine Supply
Charlie's Greenhouse
NorEsta Cane & Reed
any place with wool for felting :crackup:

:crackup: Guess you can see what my interests are :crackup:

Hugs,

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ooh, i have some good stuff to work with now! Thanks!

Judi, I agree, Victoria's Secret does have great clothes. I love the yoga pants!

It's gonna be deadly, getting all these catalogs. What have I done! LOL  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Heather - once you start ordering from catalogs or online, you will get on EVERYBODY'S mailing list and you won't have room in your mailbox for them.  I'm an addicted online shopper . . . especially for Christmas.  Just don't have the time to spend walking the streets for gifts.  I love:
www.thtdesigns.com
www.footsmart.com
www.countryhouse.com
www.landsend.com
www.travelsmith.com
www.northstyle.com
www.coldwatercreek.com
www.throughthecountrydoor.com
www.chicos.com
are just a FEW of my favorites - have lots of fun!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

A really good one for bear related  and very inexpensive items is http://collectionsetc.com Actually they have all kinds of stuff, none over 14.99, but if you do a search for "bear" you will be surprized at the cute decorating items. I also got some great bins for storing my different sized discs. They are stacking vegetable bins with a screen on the front. They are smaller than a full sized bin and work perfect sitting on my sewing table.
Sonya

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sephora (makeup/perfume/spa treatment/self-pampering types of stuff)

Garnet Hill (natural fiber bedding and clothes; very cute!)

J. Jill (natural fiber clothing and upscale, urban-bohemian accessories like jewelry and shoes)

J. Crew (this one is starting to bore me but they carry a nice line of modern/preppy clothes & accessories

Restoration Hardware (furniture/furnishings; sorta like Pottery Barn but with a slightly different look and feel and probably slightly higher prices)

China Sprout (for all things Chinese, from books to brocades)

The Toy Shoppe (awesome dolls and bears)

Sue Pearson (awesome dolls and bears)

Dollmasters (awesome dolls and bears; hmmm, there seems to be a theme here...)\

Smith & Hawken
(awesome gardening supplies)

Crate & Barrel (cool, mostly simple/clean home furnishings)

Sundance (urban-bohemiam-cowgirl clothes & accessories, lots of silver and stone jewelry)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You all have mentioned some of my faves already! Gotta say I stay away from Victorias Secret... gotta have the right build for their stuff!!!

Might I add:

The Container Store
Longaberger Basket
Keepsake Quilting
Coldwater Creek (clothes)
King Arthur Flour (cooking stuff)
The Territory Ahead (clothes)
Orvis (clothing for men & women, fishing, dog stuff.... sort of like LL Bean)

By the way..... my mother (who gets about 5 catalogs a week but very rarely orders anything) calls them 'magazines'!  :crackup:

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I'm an online shopper too. One of my favorites for pretty geegaws(is that a word) to go with my bears is Fire Mountain Gems. All kinds of beads, leather cord and pendents.
Nancy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sunshine Crafts

bear_thumb

CRscrafts

bear_thumb

Home Sew

- great laces, mini buttons etc...... bear_thumb

King Arthur Flour

-  spices and flavorings you can't find anywhere else!  And Springerle boards bear_tongue

Lands End

- Sheets that fit and last 3-4 years longer than Penneys or Sears or gasp...Walmart....also towels that work bear_wub

Coldwater Creek

- cute clothing-but i have never bought it-  It costs 2x more than I could make it so I can't justify it- and I no longer wear dresses.....sigh bear_original

DollMasters

- Our own Jared was in the last one as was his mom....they have neat dolls as well as bears and mini tea sets that are adorable  bear_wub

ToyShoppe

- Steiff as well as OOAK stuff..... bear_original

Chadwicks

.....which leads to all sorts of other catalogs....now i get Lane Bryant and Roman's too; but those are for our plus size gals.....But they also have tall stuff  bear_wacko

A particular favorite is

Sportsman's Guide

......he buys all sorts of sell out stuff and offers it at a discount.  bear_thumb

Nexten

lamps and wierd stuff  bear_rolleyes

Hammlecheur and Schlemmer

i don't know why we get this one......everything is way over priced  bear_ermm

Innovations-

storage solutions and home improvement type stuff bear_original

Gardener's Supply

bear_original

I could go on.....do most my shopping through the internet and catalogs......I would cheerfully by my groceries on line, but no one will deliver out here...... bear_sad

bear_tongue

Adkins, Texas
Daphne wrote:

You all have mentioned some of my faves already!

Might I add:

Longaberger Basket

... bear_shocked  bear_sad  bear_ermm  bear_cry Longaberger :doh:   bear_sad  bear_shocked  bear_ermm

Hugs,

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

You've all mentioned most of my favorites so I can't add much except this...

If you really want to go home shopping crazy, here is a site that lists about a gazillion mail order catalogs on all sorts of topics that you can order for free:

http://www.catalogs.com/

bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
makafelts wrote:
Daphne wrote:

You all have mentioned some of my faves already!

Might I add:

Longaberger Basket

... bear_shocked  bear_sad  bear_ermm  bear_cry Longaberger :doh:   bear_sad  bear_shocked  bear_ermm

Hugs,

Sorry, Charolette!
I've been a rep for them for years!
And years..... and years......
:redface:
They certainly don't compare to handmade artisan baskets!
But Longaberger has a great line of linens and ceramics and ironware so it's not just about baskets!!
Forgive me???

Adkins, Texas

Daphne...
LOL OK...no problem...forgiven!!!!!but that word just raises the hackles for me...since I have been weaving baskets for over 30 years...and mine are one of a kind....Sorry...I just had to mention it...not upset...just shuddering from that word...I hope you understand.

Hmmmm...you rep baskets....hmmmmm ummmmm
Hugs,

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Here's one of my favorites that I didn't see mentioned....

Eddie Bauer...now the main reason I like them is because I'm tall and their tall line is just longer not wider which seems to be a HUGE problem in the clothing industry.  They seem to think tall mean BIG.    My son has the same problem...we just want it LONGER not wider.

Okay...off my soap box.

I really like lots of the others already mentioned too.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

JCrew
Patagonia
Saks
Bloomies
Bliss
Vermont Country Store
Pottery Barn
Restoration Hardware
Ethan Allen
Victoria's Secret
Anthropologie
Crate and Barrel
The Container Store
Lush
Williams-Sonoma

I know there are more, but I can't think of any others right now.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, I love to decorate the house so my favorites are
Horchow
Touchstone
Linda Anderson

Board footer