Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

After all that work to make them and them BURN them!!!! that is too bad! I made a little gnome once and was sick when his fingers burned bear_laugh  It would be aweful  to have 100 claws toasted!! I haven't been on TT much lately and I am sorry to hear about your poor body as well!  I hope you are feeling better soon.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

....sorry for the delay Judi, had my mum in law for a visit yesterday afternoon....

Arnica montana tablets or most likely to be found in a natural foods store.  Look for them in the homeopathic remedies.  Sometimes you are given the option of 6xs or 30xs, this refers to the dilution ratio of the orginal stock.  Crazy as it sounds the 6xs will be 'stronger', but either one will work.  If you've just cracked them, I would take 4 tablets 3 or 4 times a day.  They will not interfere with any pain meds you're on, in fact I've NEVER heard of an adverse reaction with any homeopathic tablet.  Most are in a small pastille sugar base (very much like a tiny bit of powdered sugar) So take this into account as you are diabetic...

When you take arnica, it goes to the site and encourages your body to heal itself.  So yes, there is pain relief, but only because your body is mending the damage.  Up to you as to how many days you wish to take them, but I usually slack off use after about 3 to 4 days.  In the event of our finch breaking her leg, we had her on arnica for a good 5 to 7 days, and the leg was completely mended within 2 weeks.  Her vet had never seen anything like it.

Arnica rub is external only, and does help with pain relief, and removes swelling.  You should be able to find the rub in the natural foods stores, or possibly in some of the drug stores.  Do be careful as sometimes the manufacturers like to mix cayenne with arnica for arthritis sufferers.  I don't think you'll want that, just a straight arnica rub. 

I didn't find out about arnica til I was in my mid 20s, and my only regret was not finding out about it sooner!  Can't count how many times I've reached for it for sprains, bruises, cracked fingers, ribs and broken leg (Noe's little mishap).  I've always got it on hand for our first aid kit...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Deb.  I will go and check those out.  I love going to the health food store...there's always so many goodies.  I am big into vitamins and 'greens'.  Greens is wonderful stuff if you are not overly crazy about eating five servings of vegetables a day.  It comes in a green powder and has lots of antioxidents and is equal to eight servings of vegetables.  My kids think it looks gross.  I call it my "grass clippings" drink. bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Terrie wrote:

I made a little gnome once and was sick when his fingers burned :

UGH, Terrie,I guess it is live and learn, right? :doh:   Chalk it up t experience.  :doh:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
I Love Teddies wrote:

Are you getting better?  I hope you feel better soon.   :hug:

Yes, I am getting better every day.  Thanks Chrissie. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
bearkeeper wrote:

And as for worrying about hurting bears, I do the same thing. I came home a few days ago to find someone had taken one of my bears off my computer desk and wedged him upside down in the space between the shelf that sits directly above my computer desk  and the wall. The bear was jammed in there tightly. I had to rescue him, hug him and apologize to him before placing him back in his rightful place on my desk.

That is so cute, and funny.  I do the same thing.  When I have a row of bears on my couch or bed, I have to arrange them so they look comfortable. bear_whistle  bear_wacko  bear_laugh  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_tongue LOL, I bought a 'greens' drink mix from the health food store...and its STILL sitting in the packet!  I must admit, "green" is a little off putting colour for me with my drinks bear_laugh   Even if I know its healthy...

Hope you get to feeling better sooon  :hug:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Hope you get well soon Judi - sounds very painful.

Things that make me go GRRRR - well I just got back from my walk with my dogs, and I think I am the only one in the neighbourhood that picks up after their dogs - I know we live in a rural area, but children walk along these streets, and I am sure that they, along with everyone else,  don't appreciate having to hop skip and jump around all the doggy leavings.  I know that putting it in a plastic bag preserves it nearly forever, but there are now biodegradable bags you can get for just that purpose.  That's my beef for the day!!!!

Have a nice one everyone,
Jane P.

Board footer