Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What a nightmare!!!  bear_shocked

I have a new computer, El Tel came through and bought me a cute laptop that has a bigger memory/doodah than my old workhorse but the bugger is soooo different and quick i can't keep up with it - i suppose i'll get used to it sooner or later - but Crikey O'Riley it is so touch sensitive!!!

We are going wireless too - i will be able to write to you all whilst on the loo, cooking dinner, in the garden, in bed, sewing bears and any other place in the near vicinity. You will now always be wondering if i'm on the loo when i PM you won't you?
  :crackup:

I have a disc that contains all/some (?) of my old files but i reckon that it will be a few days before i know exactly what i have and what i don't and then i have to put everything in order and tidy up so i will be drinking strong coffee and not sleeping a lot until i have everything in order again.

A Total Total Nightmare  :doh:  but i will sort things out, i always do cos i'm that sort of gal - or i'll get completely head-fried and retreat to a nunnery for some spiritual guidance and a lesson on how to save all files on a regular basis.

It is totally amazing how fast, silent and sweet this new computer is in comparison to my old one - i may have to lie down in a darkened room to get over the shock! Blimey, computers come and go so quickly around here as Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz (yeah, not exactly the same words but i sure know what she means now).

There's no place like home, there's no place like home........... bear_wacko

Off to try and sort out some files and play 'house' with my new toy  :dance:

PenPen  bear_tongue

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hee hee hee, glad you're back, Penny!  And........ you weren't writing this thread on the loo, were you?  bear_ermm   lol

:hug:
Kimberly W.

whiteforestbears wrote:

Glad El Tel got you  a new laptop!   There's nothing better than toilet teddy talking! (kidding!)   :crackup:

Yeah - what a boy!!! If he only looked like George i'd be as happy as a pig in poo - but that's enough toilet talk  :crackup:

BearBottoms wrote:

Hee hee hee, glad you're back, Penny!  And........ you weren't writing this thread on the loo, were you?  bear_ermm   lol

Kimberly W.

Good Heavens Kimberly................i would NEVER do a thing like that.......now, where is that new roll of paper?

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Glad that you have your new computer Penny - you won't know yourself ..... what with a wireless connection
    and a fast and silent model - wow.
    good luck with retrieving all your old files.

Hugs
    Carolyn
     bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Penpen

El Tel came through

Who is El Tel?

Is this your partner?  His name is El Tel?  Is it short for something?  Am I missing something

Wonky feeling very confused..... bear_ermm

But I am delighted for you that you have a new lap top.  They are wonderful!

hugs

Wonks

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
gotobedbears wrote:
whiteforestbears wrote:

Glad El Tel got you  a new laptop!   There's nothing better than toilet teddy talking! (kidding!)   :crackup:

Yeah - what a boy!!! If he only looked like George i'd be as happy as a pig in poo - but that's enough toilet talk  :crackup:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray for Penny . . . a new computer!  Lucky girl, you!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :dance:

Way to go Penny

:dance:  bear_original

And  :hug:  to El Tel for being so generous, even if he doesn't look like George!

bear_thumb Wireless is the best--you'll love it!

Eileen

chris009av Real Deal Bears

That's wonderful Penny, glad it didn't take very long to get your new puter. Hope you sort all your files out real quick  bear_original

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hey Penny

Glad to have you back  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Thanks Girls  bear_wub

I am now going to spend the rest of the day putting my files back and in the right places, which will make a change as i never kept a very tidy computer........a bit like my house really  :redface:

I will be in touch with all my clients and pals asap............my eyes are going boggly already heaven knows what the emails will look like!!!!

Penny  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Blimey you go away two weeks and look what happens. What a nightmare, glad its over Penny.  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm still confused.....

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

:clap: A new laptop! Woohoo! You need it with all the graphic stuff you do. Sorry about the original computer troubles and I hope you get your files sorted with out too much of a headache. So glad it's ove and your back in the cyber world Penny! :clap:  :clap:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Glad you got a new laptop, Penny! 

Dilu, I'm confused too.   bear_wacko

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance: Yahoo Penny!!  And hurray for El Tel!!

That's great Penny that you've gotten a new computer, and such a nice one too!  I have certainly missed your glorious presence (I really mean that! bear_grin ).......glad you're back!! :dance:  :dance:

Tracy

Dilu wrote:

I'm still confused.....

El Tel = nickname for Terry as in El Toro, bullfighter and also a past England football manager...........long story and too rude to post here but basically a term of endearment - i think

Board footer