Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm looking to all of you creative folks for some ideas.  I'm wanting to come up with a cute, catchy, clever name in case I do at some point decide to sell a bear or two.  I'm also a quilter and have had my quilts displayed and have again been asked to display them locally this spring (they wanted them for the holidays but that ain't happenin)...which means I need to get busy and produce a few new ones.  ;)

Anyway, I'd like to tie the two together with something original...then I can enlist Shelli's expertise in the graphic areas...hint hint hint.  Plus, I want a cool avatar...if nothing else.

Now get those creative thinking caps working...

Toodles...

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Willamette Valley Oregon !!!! I use to live there..in Sweet Home and later in Lebanon...Now I am down here near the Rogue River ...I live in White City..its near Medford too. You may laugh at this....my last doggie I had there was named Toodles...LOL..
Hmmm,.   a name for your business..Do you have a web site yet? Probably not Winney...duh, she dosn't have a name. OK..Cute , catchy, clever, a quilter...tir the two together...It may be easier to think of a name  if you knew what kind of bears do you tend to make?
Old fashion classic,country looking, funny off the wall stuff...characters, tiny bears. huge bears... I am thinking of the words... Scraps , Tattered, Comfey, Cozy, OLd Timey, Home Town, see what I mean? Try it..see what you come up with...Winney

Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey Winney....does Scio ring a bell?  Well not even in Scio...about 1/2 way between Scio and Lebanon.

bear_original

White City, Oregon

Ewwww ! That's where the pig farm is off the highway ...yes I know Scio....Winney

Willamette Valley Oregon

I can honestly say I don't know where the pig farm you mention is.  Hmmmm...I'm actually closer to the mountains...it's really quite lovely here...my friend from Phoenix AZ refers to it as the "green pastures".  Cows...yes....pigs...no...not that I don't think pigs have a sort of cuteness but...ewwwwwww...are they messy and smelly.

Now...back to a business name...

Matthea Ontario

How about 'Green Pasture Bears?'

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Bear stitches?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Or "Bears from Green Pastures" . . . 'Bears of Green Pastures".  I like the green pastures idea!

White City, Oregon

I forgot...that pig farm is gone..it was just off Hwy 20 in Scio..So you are in the lovely green hills...I love the farm lands..that smells nice..how about Bears of Green Valley...Bears of Quilted Valleys ....hmmm..........
Willamette Valley Bears...I almost used that one when I lived there... Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Shantell

I love that you're from Oregon.  Are you going to the Lincoln City show in October?  Winney and I  are and Donna Winney's friend...and maybe we could have a TeddyTalk Get-together

At any rate I love the green pastures idea....

"Green Pasture Bears" is shorter-will fit on a business card better- probably do better in an avatar.....but " Bears from Green Pastures" feels better, like they are more relaxed and fat and sassy.....

"Bears of Green Pastures" gives the idea of an idealic magical place,

Willamette Bears....kind of hard to spell if you have someone frantically searching e-bay for you,

Willavalley Bears-
Green Pastures Quilts and Bears
Willamette Quilts and Teddy Bears

ok

that's it sweetie- I just used up my allotment of brain energy for the day...:(

All gone

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Dilu bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I vote for Bears of Green Pastures! I can just see your logo now... the green pastures are actual different fabrics in shades of green with a teddy bear off to one side standing on an old wooden fence... I can smell that earthy smell and feel the breeze on my face.... ahhhhhh.............. I'll be having sweet dreams tonight! Gotta go grab my sketch book first before I loose the image....

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shantelli Bears!!!! I love the name Shantell Use it girl!

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks so much....I never even thought of using the Green Pastures term but it's a wonderful idea.  Daphne I love your visual idea...it's actually pretty close to what I had bouncing around in my head as I was reading these posts.

Dilu, when exactly is the Lincoln City show.  I probably won't make it because I'm having eye surgery in the middle of September which will put me out of commission for awhile.  If I do manage to get there it would be purely as a collector not an artist...but that's a good thing too.  bear_laugh

Winney, glad the pig farm is gone...I was thinking maybe I'd lost what was left of my marbles since I had no idea where it could be.  Whew....

Have a great day...

Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww sweetie-  sorry about the eye surgery....well unless you really want it and it is going to make it easier for you to make bears!

Lincoln City isn't until October.....I'll try to find the paperwork. ( There are still some things I can not find since moving back into the new sewing room-which is still clean and neat!)

Hey Louise, I love Shantelli Bears....

Shantelli Bears of Green Pastures

Come on Shantell- now we are all invested in your new name!  What's it going to be girl?  Your keeping us on pins and needles! :lol::lol::lol:

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Getting together would be real fun at the show....surgery? Sorry you have to go thru that....get the eye surgery over with and you will be good as new ! Oh yes... hope you can make it Shantell...what a pretty name...Winney

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh:D Bears of Green Pastures, definitely.

What a beautiful name that is. There's nothing difficult to spell or remember, and it brings up the most wonderful visions of peace and happiness. Love it!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Good, good luck with the surgery, Shantell . . . so sorry about the glaucoma . . . what a real bummer!

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks for the compliments on my name...I have never been crazy about it.  But...then I doubt that's an uncommon thing. 

I'm still pondering the business name thing...I do like Bears of Green Pastures...but don't want to rush into it too quickly.  I do appreciate everyones input.  You folks are wonderful.

I'll let you know as soon as I decide.

Shantell

Lom-Bear-di Cubs Ohio

Something Bruin In/On The Valley

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Ummm . . . I think there is a UK artist whose company is called Something's Bruin.  Is that correct, UK ladies?

clare14 Country Bears
England

You're right Sue Ann, Something's Bruin is artist's Jill Baxter's name.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Shantell, I love the green pastures idea.. but also the first thing that came into my mind when I heard quilts and teds together ... was of bears all wrapped up cosy in the quilts... all snug in bed with a quilt over them.... would make a cute image.... snug as a bug in a rug = snug as a bear in a quilt --- "bedtime bears" (although I'm sure that would already be taken).... I'm not sure if I've helped, but it may give you some more ideas to ponder over.

Bear Hugs,
Catherine

Willamette Valley Oregon

Cute idea Catherine...how about Snugbug Bears?  That way if I move to the beach I won't have to start over again since I won't be in the Green Pastures anymore...it could happen?

:D:D:D

Shantell

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

... or SnuggleBug, even.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bear Stitches

Board footer