Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

This morning when we went to do chores, we discovered that one of the new baby goats was not doing very well, her brother & sister & mama were not letting her nurse, and she was getting too weak to fight for her share any more. We tried holding the other babies away & with mama locked in the stantion we held the little one & she didn't have the strength to suckle. So it was time to milk mama & break out the baby bottles. She drank 4 ounces over about half an hour...with resting inbetween. She is now sleeping in a box next to me. Guess we have a "house goat" now...lol maybe we should name her Doeby like the house elf in Harry Potter & spelled like that since she is a doe...

I will get some pictures & post them soon.

Hugs,

K Pawz Guest

oh that is so sweet....we nearly ran into the same problem with the kittens, mom dried up in 3 nipples and she had 6 babies so the littlest was the odd man out....needless to say wiht all the hand feeding we are keeping him...

I can't wait for pictures of your house goat Doeby....i am sure you will have her house trained in no time...lol....

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Adkins, Texas

Renae & Krista,
Thanks so much for your replys...this has been a very long day...doeby is still hanging in...thought I was going to lose her several times...but she is still hanging in...I have to get some sleep now...as she is finally asleep...with a full tummy...I would welcome any help with feeding her rignt now...it's been a struggle all day... I sure do appreciate your support!
Hugs,

K Pawz Guest

fingers and paws crossed all around in my house for little Doeby to gain some strength....I am feeding her for you in my thoughts, hope it helps.

Hugs,
Krista

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

awww darlin little girl - she is being tough!
Your photos of the 'kids' (hee) were gorgeous.
A baby goat with milk on its chin is just about the
cutest thing in the universe. Kisses on her knobbly little head!  bear_wub

& Renae, Nubians are huuuuuge! Wow @ Moosie would
go after one - I thought they ate little stuff, in nature  bear_shocked

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww CHarlotte!!  Good thoughts your way...  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Charlotte... I do hope she makes it!!!   :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Adkins, Texas

Thank you everyone for your wishes! Here are some picture I took of Dobey this morning.KIF00030.JPG
KIF00029.JPG
KIF00026.JPGDobey & Zeus

Dobey is still mostly sleeping, she never made a peep all night long. She is still not out of the woods, but she seems like a fighter...will post more later.
Hugs

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Charlotte, Dobey is sooooo cute - I do hope she makes it.  There always seems to be one in the litter that has problems, doesn't there.  You are doing the best you can and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Take care and give Dobey a kiss for me.

Hugs,

Brenda

Adkins, Texas

I want to thank everyone who sent Doeby & me  their wishes & kisses & understanding. I spent the last hour holding her, because I realized she was not doing well...she is gone now , and I sometimes don't totally understand how we can make animals such an important part of our lives, but then I remember...it's their unconditional trust and all we can do is our very best.
Hugs,

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Charlotte,
     I am soooooooo sorry that Dobey didn't make it, but you did everything you could do, so be content with that.  It's hard, and I know and you must feel awful, but Dobey is happily trotting over the Rainbow bridge and will be able to play forever.

Big hugs,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Charlotte, I'm so sorry precious little Doeby didn't make it bear_cry

I know how you feel--I've had several foster kittens die in my arms, from genetic defects or failure-to-thrive, and after working day and night to keep them alive.

We're probably the only species that doesn't reject our weak or defective babies, but struggles to save them. The Mama goat was doing what she had to, and so were you.

K Pawz Guest

bear_cry :hug: OH Charlotte... bear_cry  bear_cry I am so sorry about Doeby....just remember she will leave her hoof prints on your heart and will always have  a place there..... and don't worry she has crossed the rainbow bridge and was able to run and be a happy, healthy little goat when she got there..... :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

Adkins, Texas

we went to the creek this afternoon...and ya know what was there in the mud??? Doeby's tiny hoof print!!! Thanks for all the understanding...I have had a week of losses...I cannot even begin to explain...I am thankful for the support I have gotten here...for those who are reading between the lines...bless you!!!

Adkins, Texas

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: Thanks Renae :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry Oh Charlotte!!  I am so sorry!  Remember that you did the best you could have done.  You made every effort to save Doebe and give her a long life.  Although her life was short, she was truly loved and cared for in that time and that in itself is incomparable! :hug:  :hug:

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Tracy

Adkins, Texas

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: Thanks Tracy :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer