Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, my good friends . . . I am leaving for a once-in-a-lifetime event on Monday - will return next Friday.  Ten girls that ran around together in high school (yes, high school . . . I was once that young!) are gathering in Philadelphia at the home of one of the group to visit, do tourist-y stuff, and just hang out together one more time.  We are all 65 or turning 65 this year and have kept up with each other one way or another (reunions, cards, e-mail, phone calls, etc.) all this time.  Some of us started first grade together.  One of our group is deceased and two can't come because of health problems, but I think it's incredible that the majority of us can still gather, be silly, remember some good (and bad) times, and catch up on each other's lives.  Our names are Sidney, Judy, Kay, Paula, Wanda, Virginia, Linda Gay, Carrol Kay, Sarah, and Sue Ann.  It will be an incredible experience to re-connect in person with these lovely ladies and see historical Philadelphia.  I've never been there, so it'll be an adventure.  I will miss you all and hope to come back with a report that "ten little old ladies got down and paaaarttaaaayed in Philly" complete with photos.  Wow . . . 65 and still alive!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=20]Oh what a wonderful adventure for our Sue Ann!!!![/size]

Such excitement!

Such fun!

I betcha you gals don't stay up ALL NIGHT!

have a most wonderful time.....

hugs

dilu

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Sue Ann - that is just so fantastic!  How wonderful.  You put our group of High School friends together, because last time I heard no-one hs really kept in touch!! And that was only 8 years ago that we all split up!

Have a great time, we'll think of you while you're having a blast!
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear SueAnn

What a  wonderful reunuion you are going to have!  -   Partying in Philly!
How special that you have all been able to keep in contact over the years and to finally meet up again.
Hope that you all have the greatest time and we look forward to hearing about your trip and photos please.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower   :hug:  bear_original

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

That's so incredible Sue Ann  :hug:   :hug:   :dance:  I'm sure you will have a wonderful time full of memories and fun!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sue Ann, I hope you and your friends have a blast.  What an opportunity to catch up with everyone.  Can't wait to see pictures when you get back!

Hugs,

Brenda

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh WOW SueAnn, how fantastic to be in touch still with all your friends - that's amazing!!   Have a WONDERFUL time, and tell is all about it on your return!!   Have fun!!   :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sue Ann,

I hope you have a great and safe trip!  Take pictures!   :photo:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Wey hey!  You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will look forward to the photos and your report!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, that sounds like an incredible adventure, indeed.  I just know it will be a time full of warm reminiscences and probably also some mourning, too, about friends who couldn't make it.  Such is life, eh?

I've never been to Philadelphia, either, but my son Noah just wrote a big report on it for his fifth grade project!  There's so much to see and do, not the least of which is everything Hershey-related, and the Liberty Bell.  Early American history is rich there; I hope you'll take, and maybe even share?, some photos here.

Wishing you the very best of times, my NOT "old-lady" friend.  Age is a number.  That makes you about 32, in my book.

:hug:

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh Sue Ann, I'll bet you have a great time and come back feeling like 16 year olds again!!!

Have a fantastic trip bear_original

:hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Have a brillient time Sue Ann :hug:
:photo: bring lots of pics back to share :photo:
LANIE X

Board footer