Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Please can a few of you check my website for me! I have been changing it and now wonder if I have made the pages too wide. Also what is the right width so that the complete page shows up without having to scroll across the page.?

www.doodlebears.co.uk

Thanks Jane.  bear_thumb

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi Jane, I just checked your website and the pages fitted my screen with space to spare.
Though I :clap:  do have an extra large screen so maybe I am not a good example.
BUT, I just had to say I LOVE IT!!!!!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wow it is really cool, good job  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Stellajella Wien

Hi Jane,
it fit´s perfectly well on mine bear_thumb ....and it has soooo many cuties in it  bear_wub  :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Jane,
you've done a great job with your website, I love the colours and of course your happy smiley bears, but on my screen it's a smidge too wide...but I'm finding a lot of auctions are too wide, it just makes it a bit hard to read because you have to keep moving the page from side to side....

sarahjane Brisbane

Your site is great and the width is fine on my screen.. :clap:  :clap:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Jane,
I had a look at your site and it fits on my screen, but I have a wide screen 1280x 1024. When I first designed my site I asked in a chat room for some advice and many people said that it was too wide to fit on their screens. Apparently it is a big no no in the computer world if you have to have a sideways scroll bar. I redesigned my site to fit on 800 x 600  screen, as this is supposed to be the size that is most common.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Looks perfect to me!

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

the scroll bar across the bottom shows up for me, but it only has a tiny bit of scroll.
& more important to me, I don't have to use it to see the page content. So fine by me,
& looks great!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jane your new site is lovely!!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb Looks perfect to me!  Love your site Jane!! bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jane,
     It's fine on our computer too, but we also have a large screen.  I love you site - it's really well done and easy to navigate. 

hugs,

Brenda

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi Jane - I love your site! But I do have to scroll to the side a little bit. I have a 15" screen and set my resolution at 1024x768.

The computer world seems so diverse now in terms of screen sizes and resolution that it's hard to please everybody but, like Susan, I've been told it's best to aim for 800x600 and that way no-one misses out. However, from the straw poll taken here it looks like I might be in the minority in having to scroll at all!

This hints page also recommends using tables, which collapse or expand to fit the page: http://www.webwizguide.info/web_design/ … _sizes.asp

Hope this helps!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Hi Jane, It fits my screen fine but I know what you mean, if you have a small screen then you have to scroll over.  Looks good to me!
Lynn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Looks great on my screen!

Danni

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I have a 17" screen and I have to scroll over to see it too - about 1 1/2" on some pages and 3" on others - have no idea what my resolution is set to though!

Bear hugs, Edie

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I have to scroll a little as well but after tomorrow it most probably won't happen as I will have a bigger screen!!

Wooho

your site looks fine   bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great web-site Jane - you clever Lady.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

hi Jane,

I have a seventeen in and it is off by maybe a scroll sideways by 1/2 inch. Very nice site!!!! Do you want to do my new one? just kidding. I am sure you are like me "who can find the time". I just mean you site is very nice.

hugs kassie

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

I don't if you did anything - but it looks good now.
I thought maybe if I changed my res - but I looked first and it is perfect now  bear_thumb
hugs kassie

K Pawz Guest

looked great to me, and love the bears..

Hugs,
Krista

Board footer