Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yesterday we went for the 8th week visit to see the surgeon who did my leg.  I love my surgeon, he gives everyone hugs and gets so excited about progress and all.  g010.gif

g015.gif    I told him how disappointed I was not to see the special surgery suite that the hosptial built for orthopedic surgeries.  He looked so surprised.  He said i did see it, made nurse like observations, loved the hats and so on.  Then he said I was awake for the whole thing.  hmmmm   e010.gif

k070.gif          I am glad I don't remember that part!  YIKES!
a045.gif
Rick told him that Oxycodone and oxycontin didn't work well at all.  And that the first real relief I had was when I got the Norco-which is basically codeine with less Tylenol and more codeine per dose. p045.gif

g050.gif        They didn't.  No pain relief....I just remember being miserable all night long but not with it enough to do anything about it....and a little annoyed that HE kept snoring lightly beside me. ( I am really lucky he has cute little snores) f025.gif

g035.gif      Then he proceeds to tell this doctor how goofy I was in the head, and how I would be so confused and talk about stuff so bizarre.  d025.gif

So I got kind of worried.....all the way home I tried to remember if I did anything weird here..... a060.gif

k040.gif    Did I do that here?    c010.gif

Was I completely off the wall?

Should I move away and change my name? b008.gif

Some one just leave me a message telling me to move and I'll know..... a015.gif

g025.gif

Celena Oxford

Awwww...my sweet Dilu  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I don't see any "weirdness" from you...only SWEETNESS AND FUN!

AND NO thinking of moving away OR change your name!

Lots of hug, Celena

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Dilu,

You haven't done anything weird here.  Even if you did, you could say it was the gollies' fault!   bear_tongue   Don't move from here or change your name!  We would miss you too much!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

How are you feeling now?

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Dilu darling, I don't remember any odd thing from you.

Your posts are still very colourful and nothing weird at all!

Cheer up honey!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

OhHHH Dilu your sooo cute  :hug:
Bless no, stay as you are lovely and special  :hug:
AND GET PROPERLY WELL SOON...
Lanie x

Stellajella Wien

Dearest dearest Dilu, :hug:

NO WAY should you be embarassed!

...and if you move away, don´t forget to take your PC with you, so we can stay in touch. bear_grin

Give Rick a nice regard from me; usually I´m the one being called a wee crazy, but: that´s exactly why they love us, ain´t it? :crackup:

You are complete perfect the way you are! You are caring and helpful, loving and fun, beautiful and always here, always find the right words and that´s why we love you. bear_wub
So if you don´t remember your surgery- duh!- probably they gave you some medication that made you drowsy and slowed down the wee thingies in your head and these just forgot about what was going on. Besides: do we really need to remember EVERYTHING????????

Sweet Dilu: stay how you are and stay where you are :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Just stay the way you are Dilu - you are such a sweet, wonderful, and fun Lady. bear_wub

Take care and I hope that your leg is coming right.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dilu hon,

You never do anything weird, that I have ever seem on here. But then weird would not bother me. costumed-smiley-031.gif   simli_laugh.gif

You are always as sunny.gif as can be.

hugs Kassie

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

scary.gif

YEAH - YOU TOTALLY FREAKED US OUT

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Then old 'drug induced misbehaviour' excuse just won't wash with me WonkyWoo!

The other gals are just too sweet to tell you what you did Wonks and i'm not gonna tell you either, not cos i'm sweet but cos i'm the wickedest of bearmakers haw haw

Obviously this is a joke and i am your bestest friend and only wish you well my dear (this is for the benefit of any newbies here who don't know me and my warped sense of humour)

PenPen  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Thank heavens

I don't have to move....I just have to go change.....

Thanks alot Penpen......Time for clean dry linens.....

f040.gif

sigh!

c045.gif

Even Rick laughed at that one.....YIKES

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

OMG!  Penny, I'm going to have nightmares about that clown!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_cry

Screaming and running,  bear_laugh  :twisted:  bear_shocked  :twisted:  bear_shocked  :twisted:  bear_shocked  :twisted:
Aleta

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

AHHhhhhhhhh! NORCO!! Vicodin, morphine and The Oxy Bros just don't cut it for me.

I'm 6 months away from that same table (yes, they do film it as C.T.A.) and scheduled to get back on on 16 Oct for #2. Wait until you have to start to taper off... I was sure I'd have to check into Betty Ford. There were a few uncomfortable weeks as I tapered to 1/2 of a 10 mg before my daily workout and then none.
But now I rarely take any.... and I've still got 23 pills! That's 46 more .5 mg doses! Yippee!!!!

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

I'll chime in too, don't worry about acting wonky -- there's never a time when you should have to feel embarassed. For one thing, the surgeon has probably heard alot stranger things -- and probably said alot stranger things from his own sleep deprived days.

Painkillers aren't the only things that will make you say odd things or forget chunks of time -- plain old pain will do it too. I get migrane headaches, and I've lost hours to the things -- I think the human mind just doesn't want to remember pain so it conveniently forgets everything else that happens to be going on at the same time.

Unfortunately, I do remember some of the conversations I've had with doctors and EM techs when the headaches got too bad and I ended up in the emergency room -- these are not shining moments of wit and wisdom. I wish I could forget some of those. . .

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilly wonkers, if you move and change your name I will hunt you down and find you.
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
NO, you should not be embarrassed! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

ACK!!! PenPen  bear_shocked  bear_sad  bear_cry ...you've made me CRY!!!  bear_cry   It took me ages to get rid of that awful scary clown in my head last time....and now I pop onto a sweet post for Dilu and get the dickens scared out of me again....  bear_sad  Where's me teddy???....

Dilu, NONE of us should remember what happens during a surgery, its just too awful what they have to do to our bodies sometimes.  I can remember being knocked out for my surgery a few years back, and I've always wondered what the other side of 'those doors' looked like when they take you from the prep room.  I still don't know because just as they wheeled me through, I went out like a light!  So much for curiosity  :crackup:

As for sounding wierd on here...definitely NOT ...you sounded just like our happy, supportive, sweet Dilu ~ and we won't have you any other way  :hug: !!!  Well, except to have your knee fully mended so you don't have to hurt anymore  bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Besides.. or rather because of .....The Drugs (Norco & Duragesic patch)... I've found far too many things left undone, put away in another yet-unfound-world, paid 1 hosp co-pay twice, promised things I never followed up on, etc.... etc...

That 4 or 5 months is like a slice gone from my life. To excuse myself of everything committed & omitted, I just drape the back of a wrist across my forehead, a la Sarah Bernhardt, and sigh "I've been on drugs..."

Board footer