Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Once upon a time a world filled with old and tired automatons, dolls and bears... and caring people with a single idea: restore these poor wee things.

These people are a lovely man, named Camille and a charming lady named Sylviane.
Camille is especially good at reparing every thing containing a mechanical mechanism like music boxes, and automatic toys and furry animals or dolls.
Sylviane was first repairing dolls and as more and more people were asking her if she could repair bears too, she finally got to repair bears too!

Now you are invited to come inside with Malko and I through the pictures I took on Saturday (the day before the teddy bear show):

enseigneautomatespoupees1wf.jpg

camille14gy.jpg

On the second pic, you can see Camille plying an old Barrel organ while singing.
He he he, let me guess...
Your eyes noticed a small lady bear on the organ... with gorgeous clothes.
Some of you may have recognized this characteristic look on the bear. Yes, this is a bear made by the famous artist Jo Greeno. This bear is named Violet and Sylviane bought it in the afternoon while she was in the show room to install the workshop  stand. She just fell in love for this darling bear and i understand her soooo much as this is such a gorgeous little bear!

violetjogreeno26ri.jpg

camillemalko0ua.jpg

On this pic, you can see again Camille in the middle of a chat with Malko (the guy with a blue shirt) and another visitor.

I almost ear you asking: "Please, show us what's on these shelves behing the men!".

Here you are:

poupesetc26gq.jpg

And these are another shelves in the workshop:

poupesetc16hp.jpg

Here please meet Mozart, an automaton playing violin like a maestro:

mozartfox6mp.jpg

This fox has real foots but they need serious repairs, that's why they are hidden in tape!

And finally, the place where they repair dolls:

atelierpoupe3lh.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the visit.

If you happen to go to Paris and want to meet Camille and Sylviane, here is their address:

Automates et Poupées
Viaduc des Arts
97 Avenue Daumesnil
75012 Paris
France

Phone/Fax : (0033) 21 43 42 22 33
Website: http://www.automatesetpoupees.fr (they have it in English)
e-mail: automates-et-poupees@wanadoo.fr
Beware that they do not check very often their e-mails, so be patient!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Stellajella Wien

Sophie,
that sounds like an exciting place! I always think of the children who used to play with these old toys and what became out of them. The automats are very special, as so fragile and so easily thrown away. To make them work again must be very satisfying.

Thanx for the pix!

Gaby bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh how wonderful Sophie - it looks like an amazing workshop and I would love to visit there, one day.
Thanks so much for sharing the photos.

I love the big doll in the last picture - I just adore old French dolls.
I think that is what got me making porcelain dolls, a while ago.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That was soo awesome!

Thanks soo much for sharing. Loved all those pics. I wish I had a place like that...............

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Wonderfull sophie, and isn't that little teddy a charmer.
Thankyou for posting these pics  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dearest Sophie,  bear_flower
Thank you for the tour!!  It was simply splendid!!  I would have liked to have been a mouse in your pocket.  Oh, to look at all the pretty things!!  The doll bodies hanging on that wood support are a little scary though.   bear_shocked  bear_grin

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574

WOW!!!  You and Malko did a bang up job on this. 

How fascinating!

I would love to be there!

I imagine I can smell all the old  dolls and bears...

Thank you so much!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Ooooh, I LOVE the old automatons!!!!   :clap:  :clap:   You did a wonderful job going through getting pics of everything, and explaining it all so well.  I simply MUST visit if I ever make it to Paris :photo:

I'm in awe of the old automatons...and that fox is just amazing  I'd love to see him in action, and listen to the old music boxes.  There's nothing quite like the artistry of these in the world today.  Thank you for the tour!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW! that was brilliant Sophie. Thankyou ever so much! :hug:I really enjoyed this post.
Wendy bear_flower

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

Thanks Sophie, that was great. I envy you such a wonderful show. I dream of finding a jumeau that needs a little help. I also do some doll repair. It is so satisfying.
thanks again
Ann

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thanks for the visit
Lynette

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for the tour.   bear_original

Board footer