Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi All,
I have been a member of ebay.co.uk about three years I have never bought any thing I have listed three bears but non of them had any bids, one was mine the other two from my collection, so I have never sold anything either.
my dilemma is I want to sell some bears, but don't want to sell them for silly prices, I would rather keep them for the fairs than give them away.
I know I can use the same password and logg in name, my question is if I put them on ebay .com do I have to register again or can I use all my existing bank details and credit card? also will it show up on ebay .co.uk or do I have to fill the details out twice and pay two sets of fees?
hugs Kerren

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

It's just the same Kerren. I have listed on both with no problems. If you list on co.uk it still shows up on .com so there is no need to list it twice just put it on co.uk. I don't think that if you list on .com it will show up on co.uk!
Good luck with your auctions!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Isn't there something about the categories being different in co.uk from those in .com?  I seem to remember someone saying that to get full exposure, it's worth listing on both sites ... I know that when I've listed on .com I've had a far great number of hits on my auction listing.  I like being able to list in the US 'one of a kind' listing too ... I don't think we have that in the UK.  I haven't listed for a while though and I can't remember all the ins and outs.  Someone on here is bound to have more info ...

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I was advised when on ebay.com to list in artist one of a kind and also artist other. It gets more coverage, well I hope so! Your price will be displayed in dollars but there are no problems there as people can pay in any currency and you can have it in pounds too if using paypal. It really is very simple, email if you need to know more. :hug:

nettie scotland
Website

You will be better in one of a kind category on. com which doesn't exist on co.uk.You could get lost in the vast artist category otherwise.If most of your customers are in the U.K then it doesn't matter but I like my listing to be in the one of a kind and in dollars as most of mine cross the pond.
Good luck Diane xx

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I agree with what has already been said...

And like Paula I've found the number of hits on my auctions have risen a lot since listing in both categories on the .com site. I think I'm right in saying that many people using the US eBay site browse the bears in the 'artist one of a kind' section, which eliminates the international (incl. UK) listings. However the 'artist other' section shows up on the UK site...it's crazy! But that's the way it seems to work. I've e-mailed eBay about standardising the categories a couple of times, but I guess they make more money by keeping it this way....  bear_angry

Board footer