Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear all,

Thank you sooo much for all your support for my exam.
I am now back and pleased that's it's over.

It was harder than expected: 35 minutes facing 7 people (or 5? I just cannot remember....) and answering all their questions...
I had 15 min first to prepare my speech about a subject I was given... and the subject was basically to explain how i would organise my research if i had the job!!!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  Damn it! i did not have the knowledge to answer that properly! I may have been stupid not to have imagined a single minute I would have been asked that!  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
So from the start I was uncomfortable. And after my poor speech, I was asked lots of questions about my so slim knowledge about the background subject of the research project. Oh, dear, to add to my uncomfort, I had forgotten most of the few things I studied about it!
I was just brainless!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Well, it's over now... result to come in a week or something like that. I hope they will give me my marks so I can have a good laugh.  bear_tongue

Now I can get back to my beloved teddy bears: they are gentle and nice with me and don't ask me ennoying questions!!!  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thats how it goes Sophie, but remember, who says the others don't go brainless too!  bear_wacko At least you can relax now. bear_thumb

clare14 Country Bears
England

I can feel your huge sigh of relief Sophie!!  Well done, you're going to be just fine I'm sure!!   I think we all get very worked up over things like this, in fact the older I get, the worse I get!!

Wishing you all the very best my friend!!   bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Sophie . . . now you can just relax and hang out with your teds.  I know most of us think we perform much worse than we actually do, so I'm guessing you're being too hard on yourself.  Give yourself a pat on the back for going through the whole, scary process!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thank heavens !

But you know, you are assuming that they expect you to know it all right now....perhaps they wanted to see how you did under pressure and to see how you organize your thoughts?

Maybe there were no real right answers-maybe it was the process?

Still thinking good thoughts for you!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Dilu could be right Sophie.  Don't be hard on yourself, you're inexperienced in this sort of thing.  I bet that they realise this!

Goodluck, i'm still hoping for the best!
Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original DILU IS SPOT ON (AS USUAL)! bear_thumb

Maybe you won't get the job, and maybe you will--there's just no telling exactly what they're looking for. What if they interviewed someone who knew all the answers, but seemed an obnoxious, know-it-all geek? Or someone who tamely memorized all the facts and had the right experience, but didn't seem capable of independent thinking, or collaborating with others, or some other skill that they need? It happens all the time.

So put the whole thing out of your pretty head and let them decide whatever they're going to decide.  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I can't say anything better than what everyone else said.  Sending hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Glad it is all over Sophie and you can now relax and enjoy making your Bears.

Best wishes.
Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Great stuff!  I'm sure it's all been worthwhile. Now go and enjoy those bears bear_flower

:hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Good Luck Sophie.  bear_original

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Glad it is all over Sophie ! bear_thumb
Now you can  relax and enjoy making your Bears.  bear_wub

Board footer