Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm about to start making..... of all things..... a

TEDDY BEAR

!!!  :dance:

It's been 4 MONTHS, 4 very loooooong months, since I've made a mohair bear! I've made plenty of @#$%& bunnies but not one bear!  bear_wacko

I'm so excited but it sure felt weird getting supplies out, I kept feeling like I was forgetting something! I'm not going to start tonight as I'm too tired and don't want to mess anything up! But the idea of cutting into that yummy mohair will likely keep me awake all night!!! That and dreaming of what the finished bear will look like!  bear_wub

So, I just had to publically post my intent so not another day will go by without my starting on a bear at last! I was beginning to feel I didn't belong on a board for bear artists any more as I no longer was one!  :doh:

Glad we've got the Tips & Techniques forum for when I forget how to sew on ears!!!  bear_tongue

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
Sending you special bear blessing...have great fun...enjoy...you deserve to have an absolute blast with this upcoming project!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sweetie pie, get a good night's sleep and then you will be able to enjoy every stitch and can't wait to see what wonderful teddy you create!  Night, night.

hugs,

Brenda

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hey Daphne,
     How about pics of the signed script and director's chair back, like you promised! (Well, maybe I promised but same thing, essentially LOL!)

hugs,

Brenda

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL Daphne - you'll always belong here - okay soppyness over!!!

Can't wait to see your new bear - I wonder if you'll do something a bit different, or he will have the same gorgeous Backroad look about him?

As for me, Ic an't seem to get away from bears at the moment, very snowed under - but it's great!

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Daphne it must be great to be getting back into making a bear at last. Four months is a very long time! Now
remember short rounded ears, not long pointy ones. Good luck and enjoy being back doing what you were made for.

bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Hugs Jane. bear_thumb

Irene Irenours-bears
France

4 month???? Just give me the recipe Daphne. I can just don't make bears for 2 days, not more bear_grin Can you show your bunnies please? bear_wub

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yay Daphne!!!

:dance:
xo Sarah

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ha ha!!! Daphne's back!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

ps..got any plans for other anilmals....like.....bunnies!!!!??? bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

My first bear is a take off of my ever popular "Bluebeary".... an order for a very special and patient friend! I LOVE Bluebeary and am looking forward to making another similar. I have a lot of orders to catch up on and my first bear show to finish planning... it's only 6 weeks away! After that is behind me you'll start seeing some new designs!

Judi - Will I make more bunnies? Oh, in a few months I certainly will but no sooner! No matter what anyone offered to pay me there is no way I'm even LOOKING at a bunny pattern. UGH!

Brenda - I will post pictures - just haven't taken any yet!

Irene - Here is link to the last pictures I posted of the movie bunnies: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7743

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance:  :dance:  :pray:  I'll bet it was like the night before Christmas just THINKING about getting to make a bear again!!!  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:   Whooohoooo!!!!  I just love the feeling of excitement when you look at that fur and imagine the possibilities....

bear_wub And I simply CANNOT WAIT to see "Bluebeary" modified  bear_wub No hurries, though...enjoy each and every stitch  :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

:dance: YEAH  :dance: Daphne, glad your in fine spirits and back in production... bear_thumb
BIG HUGS
Lanie x

Dilu Posts: 8,574

c020.gif  a010.gif  o015.gif  r030.gif  r010.gif  o015.gif  o050.gif  o035.gif  o035.gif  n020.gif  k050.gif  k040.gif  g075.gif  g075.gif  g045.gif  g025.gif  e080.gif  e055.gif  e055.gif  a010.gif  c040.gif

so much to choose from....hurry up Daph, let's see what that brilliant brain of yours comes up with!

e070.gif  e010.gif  c020.gif  c010.gif  e075.gif  a045.gif

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Welcome back Daphine!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website
Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Yippee!! Back to bears! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Have fun Daphne! Can't wait to see the new fellow.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

YOU GO, GIRL!!!

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Goooo Daphne...it must feel good to come back!!   bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin  The fur must be flying!!!  I haven't seen you on TT today!  :hug:   I'll bet its bliss tucking into that first again bear!!!  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I DID indeed get the pattern traced.......

While I'm being a good doobie and trying to get some bear work done I can watch all the goings on in the front yard out my studio windows and there is hubby trying to spread the 12 yards of loam we had delivered. He's doing this with a wheelbarrow and shovel. And he's REALLY out of shape. I'm enjoying the cool air conditioning, sitting on my behind twiddling away comfortable and there he is........ hmmmm..... the guilt set in!!

The next thing I know I'm up to my shins in dirt, being a feast for the misquitoes and deer flies and feeling every muscle in my body scream at me for thinking I could help him! 7 hours later our front yard looks beautifully landscaped.... well, it's on it's way there.... mulching comes next. And I could barely walk.... love that siatic nerve!

So tonight I some how found enough energy to CUT out the pattern pieces only to find I traced one too many leg pieces and forgot an ear piece!  :doh:  I will focus better tomorrow! I promise! Not off to a very good start. But it IS a holiday weekend, hubs is around all the time and I don't know how I thought I'd be able to get anything I wanted to do accomplished!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

OH NO!!!!!  :doh:  Silly girl, next time swallow that guilt and mash it down with some chocolate  bear_tongue
tomorrow!!!!!!!!
xo Sarah

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Bluebeary thinks you can never make a better bear than him!  He's got such a big head.  He likes that you make him more brothers and sisters, but he just thinks that he's the best out of everyone!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

OOOoooooo can't wait to see him Daphne, sooo very happy your into it again  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:crackup:

I traced one too many leg pieces and forgot an ear piece!

At least you hadn't cut them yet--Welcome Back to Bears!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne it is so nice to see that you are bear making again.  Next time don't look out the window, just take some time for you and  make that bear.  It is good therapy !

Board footer