Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi. This is not a tip to bring people to take a look on my website, but i really need to know if my PDF pages can be viewed easily by many peoples.I'm worring about that because i was told by Sophie that maybe some people could not be able to view my bears because of the PDF system i choose to build my bears pages.I have to build some other pages for my dolls and acccessories, but if i doesn't work, i don't want to waste my time. I will be gratefull if some TT of different countries can take a few time to log on my website. Please, click on Shop, then Bears catalogue and wait a very few secondes for the loading of the page.If you find that it's too long, please let me know. I hope that my message will not be transparent here. Thank you very much in advance, Irene

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hi the page cam up for me the only thing I can see is that if you keep scrolling which I did A picture of a bear turns up and then a bit further on a description  and price shows as well!
Otherwise I idn't have a problem
And your bears look fine

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hi Irene,

The PDF catalogue took almost a minute to download on my high-speed internet, but it was worth the wait--your bears look great!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Irene beautiful bears but as Eileen said the page took a long time to open. I think visitors will give up waiting to see your bears. Why do they have to open in a PDF file? PDF pages often take a long time to open.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Irene,

to be able to view pdf pages in a browser, that browser needs to have a plug-in from Adobe Reader. Some browsers do, others don't. My Netscape for Mac OSX for example downloads the file and I have to open it manually. Don't know why that is, but I got another browser that works fine. Also pdf is a large format that takes time to download and is really only feasible on broadband. It worked fast for me, but then I have a 100 Mbit/s connection. Your bear catalogue (the only file I checked) consists of one giant very long page with a lot of empty space at the bottom. You should eliminate that empty space to make the file smaller. The link to the English version of your site doesn't work btw.
There are many cheap and good programs to make some simple web pages without having to know html. I recommend that you use one of those instead. Its fun and really not difficult at all. I used a cheap program with pre-made layouts for my simple website. I think you may get more customers that way.
Hope this helps. Love your bears btw.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I've got a good fast computer here at work, and it took quite a while to load up. A couple of minutes at least.

Nice bears though!

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Irene,

Ditto what Heather said.  When I did get to the bears....they were awesome.  But if I were surfing other bear sites, I am not sure I would wait either.  Would probably go on to another site.  Your bears are so good that I would hate to think someone would miss seeing them just because it would take longer than normal.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I really thank you all to letting me know bear_original . Now, i'm a desperate french house wife bear_cry I must find another solution now after hours of work. I wanted to be able to update and manage my website myself. My daughter boyfriend told me that the best way he thaught it's to use PDF catalogues. Sophie told me that maybe everybody will not be able to see the bears with PDF and she was right.I worked so hard to sew all these bears and take photos and build the catalogues that i could cry now. Thank you again  bear_wub

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh no Irene, don't cry. I am using Macintosh so I am no big help unless you have Mac too, but there must be good cheap programs for PCs to help you build and maintain your website. Its really not that difficult and a lot of fun. Strange boyfriend though, I've never before heard of websites being in pdf. At work some people did them in jpg, but that was quickly discouraged also.
Please, don't give up. Your bears are so lovely. You can still keep the pdfs as an option for people who want to download your catalogue. Its good to offer alternatives. Your pics can go on the website too, so you really didn't do that work for nothing.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

EXCELLENT SITE  bear_thumb
LOVE CACAO bear_wub

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Thank you very much Sabine for your support. You are very kind Lanie to have took the time to look at my site bear_wub

Board footer