Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was thinking about Midget and her new diet last night. How is she doing????? Feeling any better?
Give her lots of pats from me!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hi Daphne!  Thanks for asking and thinking of my baby!:hug:  Midget is slowly improving.  She stills seems a bit down and not feeling well, but it is better than before.  Just the other night we were having pizza for supper and eating in the family room.  Midget was laying beside me in the chair and just kept her head on my foot (I sit with my legs up sideways).  She never once paid any attention to my food or begged.  That right there tells me the tummy still isn't up to par. bear_cry  She does love the soft ID dogfood though.  And her stools are more normal than they were....thank goodness!! bear_tongue Oh, and she's stopped eating grass every chance she gets......haven't seen her do it at all for a few days now.  That I'm taking as a good sign. bear_thumb

So, just keep plugging away as we are for awhile I guess.  This is going to be a long haul, isn't it?

:hug:  :hug:
Tracy and Midget

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tracy,
It sounds like the food is indeed helping.
It would be good to know if she really has colitis or something else. Then you'd know if this is temporary or will be an ongoing battle and if there is anything else you should be doing. If I recall the vet sent you home with meds too. Hard to know if it's the meds or the food that are helping. Could certainly be the combo of the two!

Yes, it will take time to see how things go.... weeks at least!

Maybe she'll be interested in pizza again real soon! I hope so!

Thanks for the update!

Daphne
Tucker & Riley

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:hug:  :hug: Thanks again Daphne!

I wondered too if it was the dog food or the medication that was helping the most.  Or both together.  I bet the meds are helping with this acute attack of whatever her illness is.  Then the new diet should keep her on a more even keel.  The vet told me that the only way right now to know for sure if it is colitis or something else is exploratory surgery, which we definitely don't want to do.  Other tests such as blood tests, ultrasound, etc don't generally give an accurate picture of things, so no to that route too.  It's just a wait-and-see game right now. 

Poor Midget......even if she does decide she wants pizza again, she won't get to have her pizza crust treat anymore. bear_sad

Board footer