Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

This had to happen to ME!

The young woman who wanted to buy Pistache finally did not get permission to buy her.
She is under guardianship and her guardian said her she could not buy Pistache.
It looks like this woman, who is 23 years old is quite unbalanced.
She sent lots of posts on our small French forum for bear artists where she asked a few other artists if she could buy some of their bears!!! To at least three different people. Plus she asked someone who was offering an old bear for sale to get that bear for only 30 euros! Plus to a woman who proposed to make swaps between old bears she proposed to swap her non valuable bear against a nice old bear! bear_rolleyes

I guess her permanent desire to get more bear is her main problem.
Out of that she is a nice person.
She began to make bears herself.
So i am trying to keep her motivated to make more bears. She is able to knit so I suggested her to knit some bears.
At least when she is busy sewing and knitting, she is not trying to spend money on more bears!
A shame she does not speak English.
But after thinking about it, I think it may be better for her not to visit this forum as she would be permanently tempted to buy more bears!

It is already difficult for myself to say me: "No Sophie, you mustn't buy a new bear, you already did it x months ago and spent a lot of money this month in teddy bear making materials!"

Thanks for listening to me but I needed to vent about that story!
I felt so strange about it!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: In case she ends up discovering your bears her name is Mary-Jo and she lives in Switzerland.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Renae said it most elegantly! Who knows, this lady may well end up making
the most fabulous bears & selling them herself.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

AWWW SOPHIE bless you.... :hug:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear dophie,
You are so under standing,  I am so sorry that your sale did not work out.
:rose:Cheers Susan

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Sophie, you sure haven't been having very good luck lately !  How kind of you to try and help this poor lady though.  I'm sure there will be other sale in the future so hang in there.   :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Sophie - she just wasn't right for Pistache - the perfect owner is just around the corner I'm sure- try Bearpile - it's great!

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sophie, I love you, you are such a wonderful lady.  With all the heartache you have had lately and look what you have done!   a194.gif

Truly, what you give out will come back to you 10 fold....blessings are going to come your way- a176.gif

And i think you were kind to warn everyone regarding her first name....that seems fair....she is stil annonymous, but we all have a heads up! a200.gif

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, Sophie!  :hug: Your little Pistache will find her rightful home; she's just taking her time to find it!  bear_original

Big hugs, :hug:
Debora

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry about the lost sale, Sophie, but someone else will definitely adopt Pistache . . . she's too adorable!  And you are very generous to give the lady suggestions on how to make her own bears.  Big hugs for you!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What comes around, goes around.  That saying bugs the bejeebers out of me, but I've found it to be true.  The grace with which you're handling this, Sophie, can only come back to you in spades.

Besides, if PISTACHE finds a home too quickly, I won't be able to read about her anymore, and every time I do, I imagine you saying "Pistache..." in a lilting French accent, which is just too soothing to be rid of any time soon.

bear_original  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sophie, what a shame about the sale. But what a true darling you are in understanding this young lady.
With your encouragement she will be able to delight herself and others with her OWN creations.
Your such a love Sophie :hug:  :hug:
Wendy :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Sophie, you are so sweet.  :hug:
I am so sorry that your sale did not work out. but as everyone said, I believe  Pistache will find a new home soon !  bear_flower

hugs
Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww darn it Sophie!!  I'm so sorry it didn't work out bear_sad 

I remember a while back a problem with an ebayer who was bidding on TONS of bears and backing out of sales.  She had a problem too... I think Shelli had problems with that one...

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ayup.  She was making a habit of bidding on, like, ten bears at once, all of them costing $100+, and she'd then cancel her bids on all but one. 

The one she DID win... she'd never pay for.  Or, she'd pay for, months late.  Or using layaway, which sellers were forced to offer, because she said she couldn't pay otherwise.

It became apparent that she had some kind of compulsive buying or bidding issue going on.  There were a handful of bearmakers hit by her actions, many of whom lost upwards of $1000 in what were supposed to have been solid sales. 

She ran from ID to ID on eBay trying to outrun her own statistics (23 cancelled bids in 6 months, and so on), and to "start fresh", but interestingly, she always picked a userID that shared similarities with the original one.  For example, if her user name had been "fastbunny" -- it wasn't, by the way; I just made that up -- she would change to "quickrabbit", or "bunnyfast."  Not a shining moment of cleverness on her part.

Ultimately, eBay chased her down, after so many people reported her and kept them on their toes, begging them for vigilence about her IP... and not just her username.  I'm not sure whether that's the route they took, but I haven't been aware of problems from her since.

Frankly, I really felt for her.  She spent a lot of time writing nice notes and leaving kind feedback and trying to explain herself to everyone involved (lots of the artists were sharing stories around that time), so I do think it was less malice or irresponsibility, and more some kind of compulsion or mental health problem.  I've got a soft spot for understanding that kind of thing.

Still, when a sale doesn't go through... for whatever reason... there is that little hollow "thud" of disappointment.  I think we all know it, Sophie!

So do keep your chin up.  Your PISTACHE will sell.  And to an even better, more appropriate home!!!

bear_flower

Board footer