Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've just realized that I have Jasc PSP 8 and Corel PSP X. I've just been using the Jasc program.

I know you are thinking... how is it she's just realizing what she's got on her own computer! Well, I have a hubby who is always bringing home software he thinks I might like and just installing it on my laptop without even telling me. I've gotten so I don't even pay attention to what new icons are on my desktop any more!

Anyway, my question is: Is there any major difference? Yes, I've opened it up and the appearance is a bit different but at a glance the commands are the same.

My second question if you are a Corel user: I've been asked for my logo image to be submitted as a Corel file. This person is away from their desk today so I'm waiting for an answer but thought you might know.... what is a Corel File Extension? I looked for the obvious like .crl or .cor but when I go to save an image in Corel's PSP X it comes up with .pspimage as the file extension. Is that considered a Corel file as when I save a Jasc image it also gives me the .psp file extension.

Am I sounding confussed???? I am!
Help!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

daphne, I use photshop and also psp8 . I am pretty sure that the default corel file is pspimage also. If you are using it for the first time, and save without changing it, the extension used is the default.
Sonya

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I use Corel now, but haven't had it very long.  I wish I could help Daphne, but this one is over my head! :redface:

Darren is really the computer whiz in our house.  I'll ask him when he gets home if you're still in a muddle by then. :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sonya, that's what I was thinking.
I'm going to try sending the file as a .pspimage and see how this guy likes it.
If not I'll be back!  bear_tongue

Tracy, thank you! I'll let you know if we need to enlist Darren's help!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well Daph, don't feel bad!  Your question helped me learn a little more too, since it seems my software is also Corel.....now if I could just learn the other corel software I have

k045.gif

.....sigh

c085.gif

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm getting really fed up.

Renae is right.... it's a CDR file... and that's what they want.
OK, does he really think everyone in the world uses Corel? I have news for him!
It's the only file type he seems to want. I don't have that option in the drop down box.

This is a company that transfers photos onto well, whatever you want. I simply wanted him to put my teddy bear show logo on some product for me. Sublimation is the process. Our beloved Scott does it but he's so busy and just can't do for me before my show... I totally understand.

I chose the company I'm working with because they had a great selection of stuff, seemed to have a very professional web presence blah, blah. But this guy is making it all so complicated! He wants to send me samples, doesn't understand I don't have TIME for all that... just print the $%@# things and ship them to me!!! Why is that so stinkin' hard??????

OK, deep breath.................. and another.....................

Sorry! Imagine what I'll be like the week of my show!! I'll do my best to stay away from TT!  :redface:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Daphne,

Yep you'll be a wreck, but we wont mind!  Hugs here, cheap!  And the very best wishes that it truly goes well.....

g010.gif

maybe you could find another company?Someone who would satisfied with jpeg like everyone else?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well,
I told this guy I wanted quick and simple, that he could either work with a file format I was able to send and get my order processed or I'd have to search for someone else to place my order with.
Funny how all of a sudden he was able to open my image and resize it to fit AND give me a fantastic price quote!

Squeaky wheel always gets the grease!!!

And THANK YOU Dilu!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I spoke with Scott some time ago about his own dye sublimation stuff and from what he told me, it sounds like Corel software is the industry standard package that comes bundled with the actual dye sublimation equipment.  So, using files that Corel can read is a must for getting the to-be-printed stuff properly aligned inside the print template, etc.

The problem is that Corel tends to be less widely used and known, and if you're not a graphic designer with lots of training and experience -- and I'm not, and Scott's not -- it can be difficult to figure out how to open and work with non-Corel-files, using Corel software.

Anyway, that doesn't really solve your problem... just some tidbits, by way of explanation.  I can't remember what Scott and I settled on (we spent some time tinkering while in Nevada City, but I'm no expert on this stuff!), but there was one kind of file (.bmp? .pdf?) that Corel could read, which was not a proprietary Corel file, which Photoshop could also work with.  Maybe he'll pop in and remind me.  My brain is getting old and tired...

:)

Glad you got it sorted out, miss Squeaky Wheel.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb Glad you got it worked out Daphne!

:hug:
Tracy

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

You are all so dem clever !!!!!! I really need a course in all this but it changes so fast !!!!!
Lynette

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lynette,
I think that for many (OK, I'm speaking for myself anyway!) that it takes a lot of trial and error... experimenting, goofing things up, fixing things, experimenting some more..... clever????? I find it to be just dumb luck if I figure something out on my own! :doh:
Perhaps I'm clever cause I know to come to TT and someone will have the answer!!! :crackup:
It all takes a lot of time but in the end it's nice to have another computer skill or tid bit of knowledge under my hat!
:hug:
Daphne

Board footer