Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

My husband is planning to retire at the end of September, and we thought it would be nice to travel down the west coast this next year - sometime either in the spring, summer or fall.  We would like to either purchase or rent a recreational vehicle and just see the coast at our leisure.  It would be really nice to combine a show or two.  I haven't done shows in the US so I don't have a clue as to what is available there.  Do any of you west coast artists have any suggestions as to which shows are worth attending, and who I would contact.

Many thanks,
Jane P.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Jane,  bear_flower
Ooooh!  What a great way to see the coast.  It sounds like such a wonderful trip.   bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

If you're trying to stay along the coast, I would recommend the Lincoln City, Oregon show.  I think it's usually held in October.  Contact Pat Moore:  pmorprod@aol.com

I hope to meet you there sometime!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh me too!  I would love to meet you at the Lincoln city show.  My hubby was going to drive me up 2 years ago in the motor home.....sigh.....bad things happened, but those are over now!  I'd forgotten Aleta-but maybe if gas doesn't go up to $4 a gallon I can do a little sweet manipulating and get to go this year.........i don't know......sigh

I am listening to the escalation of the war going on in the middle east and not feeling very optomistic about traveling this year.....sigh

actually rather than sighing maybe I should be praying-for everyone over there

Wouldn't it be wonderful to meet there.....

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Jane,
You could hit San Jose Convention in July in CA. Pat Moore is the contact person.  Then head on down to San Diego for the August show with ABC.
I think you would really enjoy the Nevada City, CA show in April.  Connie on this forum can get info to you. 
Donna

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Great ideas so far. also remember that the San Diego show is alsi held in  January. You would not think that January would be a very good show because it is right after Christmas, but I have found it to be quite the opposite. Must be that the collectors are buying those bears that hubby didn't get them for Christmas!
Sonya

PS the San Diego show contact is ABC  http://www.abcunlimitedproductions.com

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Thank you ladies for your suggestions - I will give Pat Moore an email and see if she has any space available for next year in Oregon.  I don't think my husband wanted to go as far as California - more just Washington and Oregon, so the California shows are probably not possible right now.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Jane P.

kimboycethomas Posts: 25

Please let us know you if you are going.  You are one of my alltime favorite artists and I would want to be sure and come if you were there with all of my favorite regulars.

Kim T (Portland, OR)

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Are any NW artists going or have you been to the Crossroads Doll and Teddy show in Portland?  Its on Sept 2nd this year.  I am thinking of checking it out......
And who might be going to Lincoln City this year???

Joan

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Sounds fun.   I don't know much about dolls, but would love to check them out too.
If I go, I'll have to bring a friend so I can shop too!!
Thanks,
Joan

Board footer