Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We've had some threads on art cards lately and I thought it might be a good time to propose an art card challenge for the month of August, to drum up some interest and new creations for swap or sale. 

Would anyone like to suggest a theme, concept, color combo... ?

Entries due August 31st.  You can post photos here (for publicity) and at Bid4Bears (for swap or sale), or wherever else you'd like. 

Collecting YOUR ideas, below....

Thanks for your input!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Shelli, your post triggered my memory of something Nancy Posted recently  in another thread on July 5th I think.

Hi,
Life get's busy and bears and cards take time to make, so to  get the train back on the track...

Here's a date for all of you to shoot for:  July 28th.  Let's have a SWAP NIGHT! on B4B.  That'll give all of us  the month of July to sit out in the sun and do some creating and then we can all list the ATC's on that date on B4B and re-ignite the spark!

I'll send out a B4B newsletter this weekend with the date in it as well.
hugs,
nt

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, I didn't see that... or if I did, I forgot.  I'm blonde; it happens. bear_original  Thanks for the headsup.   I don't want to propose something that conflicts directly with Nancy but I think we can do both, if people are up for it, in ways that increase interest and participation and complement each "event."  Whaddya think?  Could we:

1.)  Aim FIRST for July 28th's SWAP NIGHT on Bid4Bears (so, your creating deadline for that one is July 28)

and then, when that's all over...

2.)  Aim SECOND for August as a new Art Card Challenge month, with a particular theme, to be determined, based on board member input (your creating deadline for that one is August 31st.)

That gives us two big rounds of art card opportunities, to swap, sell, or buy, coming up in the next two months.

Would this work, or do you think it might be too much, or might conflict?  I really don't want to do that... would rather, instead, give people specific dates in mind they can point toward in terms of getting cards made.

Let us know!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

how about something patriotic? maybe to remember sept 11th?

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sounds like a good plan, I'll be in that :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm in, whatever you all want to do-

a084.gif

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

AND ME .... bear_thumb

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi all!
I thought about this one for a few moments, trying to think of what would appeal to this great group of people from all over the world.  Holidays and Seasons differ so I scratched off my first few thoughts.  In trying to take it bake to basics (a term I used in my corporate days) I thought about all of the lovely topics I've liked reading so much here and how passionate everyone is about the simple stuff in life....pets, foods (CHOCOLATE), nature, gardens, etc.  Now please do not envision me Julie Andrews spinning on a mountain top in happy glory  :crackup:  :crackup: !! My picture's not up yet, but I'm not that by any means  :crackup: !
So,  what about simply...."My favorite things".  What makes you happy, what's your passion, what makes you warm like tea or cocoa?   OR what makes you tick, what gets you moving, maybe you ride a "hog" (big old motorcycle) and prefer leather to lace!  Color, Texture, Style it's all your "Favorite Things".   Maybe something simple is all it takes  bear_wub

I'm cool with anything majority decides on....give me a date and then let me research what these things are 'cause I've never made one!
~Chrissi  bear_flower

sound-of-music.jpg

WildCatDancer wrote:

Oh, I like that idea! I'd just have trouble deciding WHICH of my favorite things! Good idea Julie..er...Chrissi!

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

How about a theme with specific colours, eg Violet and Pink and then have a style, say Modern, or Vintage

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
WildCatDancer wrote:

I'm the goat on the other hillside! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Trust you Renae Kitty!!!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

My Favorite Things could incorporate yur favorite colors easily....Great ideas eeryone....

Brown for one of my favorite things...... h025.gif

Stellajella Wien

I´d like to join in as well- Shelli, you always have these great ideas! :hug:
Unfortunately, I dunno what a swap night on B4B is :redface:

Gaby bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I have to go with Gaby...What is swap night on B4B??? :redface:
Gladys bear_flower

I'd like to know too...I did check out B4B (bid4 bears)..looks pretty cool and the fees are pretty good too.  What's a swap night??
~Chrissi

Stellajella Wien

Uhhhh!
It took only 10 hours or so and  BINGO.....I think I know now B4B=Bid4Bears, right?
bear_whistle

But if so.....*don´t even dare axing* what is a swap night? Something that has lost an "m" and should actually be swaMp night? With nice ladies stumping through swamps to prevent varices?  :crackup:  Of course holding wee cards in their hands, looking to find another stumping lady with a card? I just hope, this is a full moon night, otherwise swamping might become a hard thing to do  bear_grin

Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Board footer