Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Deb Upstate New York

Just popping in to say hello and that I've missed you all.  Haven't been gone for any reason other than my projects at home (not bears) have been keeping me busy.  I'm making progress on the studio, but have had to take a break from working on it because of some pain in my elbow/arm/wrist and shoulder.  Initially lab reports indicated it could be RA, but it's not.  Just a bad case of tennis elbow.  Still lots of pain. 

Anyone taken Celebrex?  I have a prescription for it but am putting off having it filled.  It's an anti-inflammatory medicine and can cause severe nausea.  Doctor recommended I take the first dose at home.  Great ... just great.

The only projects on my plate these days include planning hubby's 50th birthday celebration and helping my little girl over a broken heart.  Everything bear related on hold.  I have a domain name, but no website.  And I never did order my copy of Photoshop Elements or Dreamweaver or anything else that spells progress. 

My bear stuff is all packed away ... waiting for the stars to line up right and things fall into place so I can resume teddybearing.  Patience is increasing; I guess that's a good thing.  bear_thumb

Take  care!

Hugs,

Deb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Hello Deb,

Glad you popped in for a bit.  Please be careful taking Celebrex.  I am almost sure that is what my dad was taking when he began having mini strokes.  They took him off of the medication, and the strokes stopped.  I'll be praying for you.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Deb... so nice to hear from you again.  Welcome back!

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Hi Deb,

I take Celebrex morning and at nite.  I have RA and it is easier on my tummy than other anti inflams.  I haven't had a problem with nausea.  I was concerned when the other meds got taken off the market.  My Dr. said since I didn't have high blood pressure or high cholesteral etc. that I shouldn't have a problem with the heart related issues.

I am glad you don't have RA.  I would rather have tennis elbow!!  Take care of yourself and rest those joints.

Joan

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Deb,

Ewwwww....Celebrex.  I took it three years ago, 1 a day, because I had osteo-arthritis in my hip and had severe pain and a severe limp but wanted to put off my hip replacement surgery as long as possible due to my extreme fear of the surgery.   About a month after I started taking it, I started hemorraging (spelling?).  I looked up all the side effects and I had 3 out of 4 of them and my regular doc told me I was nuts and scheduled me for 3 major tests and biopsies and told me it was not the celebrex and she was sure there was something very wrong with me.  I got home, threw the Rx away and within a week I was okay.  When I went to my Ortho surgeon he told me my reaction was caused by the sulfa in the Celebrex. That was it, just an allergic reaction to the sulfa in the Celebres.   I had never had an allergy in  my life before then.  The Celebrex never make me nausious.

Moral:  Just be sure you have no allergies.  I am sure mine was an isolated case but  it freaked me out.  The drug worked as far as relieving the pain.  My Ortho doc put me on Arthrotec 75 and it worked better as far as relieving the pain and I had no side effects what so ever. 

PS. I finally had to have the surgery...glad I did...I am pain free now.

Good Luck, Deb.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Deb, sounds like you have been really busy. Sorry about your arm pain. Working on the dolls and bears give me pain in my right hand that usually means I have over done it! So I just rest it a few days.  Hope yours is better soon.
Take care!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Hi Deb,

ITS LOVELY TO SEE YOU BACK... :dance:

I do hope that horrible pain in you hand and arm goes away. I suffer with a very bad pain in the thumb pad of my left hand. NASTY BUSINESS it can be disabling sometimes so i really feel for you there. FINGER CROSSED THE ANTI INFLAMS WILL WORK.

:hug: For your little girl  :hug: I  THINK ALOT OF US PROBABLY KNOW HOW THAT FEELS FOR MANY REASONS :hug:

The party sound fab something to look forward too  :dance:  :dance:

:hug: YOU ARE SO BUSY...  :hug:

HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT WONDERFULLY FOR YOU

WARM WISHES SENT YOUR WAY

Lanie x

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Deb, Deb, Deb!!!!!  It's so nice to see you here!  Well, YOU & your avatar bear... still to this day, one of my favorite bears of all time!!!!!  Sorry to hear about the aches and pains...  bear_cry  I do belive that the stars will all line up soon and you'll be pain free and feelin' beary again!!!!!  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Deb,  bear_flower
It's so good to hear from you!!!  You've really been missed.   :love:

Warmest glad to see you again hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Glad to hear you're back! Being busy is always good.............But glad you're back.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Deb it's wonderful to hear from you!!   Will be thinking of you on your new medication, I don't know, you take stuff for one thing, and it gives you 10 other side effects!!   :crackup:    Hope it all goes ok bear_wub  :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

THANK YOU ALL so much for the warm greetings.  I have truly missed you.
bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Deb,
     It's nice to hear from you and understand that this time of year can really be hectic.  Take care of yourself and your daughter - hope you both feel better soon.  If you make hubby's birthday cake "chocolate", I'll bet it would help everyone LOL!

big hugs,

Brenda

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Welcome welcome Deb....I've been wondering about you.  I am so happy to see you post again.

Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooops, I hadn't read this thread before posting on another one.  Sooooo glad you're back - you've been missed!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Great to see you back Deb  bear_flower  I take celebrex morn and night.  Not a prob with it, but make sure you have it on a full tummy  bear_thumb
xo Sarah

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hi Deb!!  Glad you're back!! :dance:  :dance:  Just the other day I was wondering that you hadn't been on for awhile. bear_grin

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hey Deb

I was just thinking about you yesterday!  Wondering how that studio was coming along too.  take care of yourself and rest up that arm so that it's all good when you are ready for bear making again.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Deb, my daughter once had to take tablets for Bilhazia- and was also told to go home take them and be carefull !!! she was violently ill , my son was with her to hold her hand thou !!!!, only bummer was that she had to repeat them for the next two months.
Now I have taken the dogs for their early morning walk, hubby has made me a cup of tea, so I am hopping back into bed !!!!!!!!
bear_original
Lynette

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WE DONT HEAR FROM YOU FOR MONTHS AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS "Hi there Guys"!!!!!!
Well I reckon you have gotta real cheek!!!!!!!  :crackup:
Giday Debs how ya doin? Missed ya lots!!!!!!  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Deb,

How lovely to hear from you!
I have been wondering how you have been .... have missed you here.
How is the studio going?
Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with pain in your joints - best of luck with getting that right.
Also I hope the birthday celebrations go well - what a milestone! Mine is fast approaching too.
I wish you all the very best for your daughter - we have a 17 year old that has just moved out
into the University Hallls of residence - so I know how life can be at times.

All the very best & hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:  Soooooo nice to hear from you again Deb!!!!  :hug:

I can fully relate, as my own bearmaking is 'hibernating' just now, but please do be careful with your arm and the meds.  I went the whole gamut of arm/wrist/shoulder troubles, but it was down to overuse of my arm (something to do with grooming 16 dogs a day I think  bear_rolleyes )  In the end, I had a chiro sort my back, and it freed up all the tension in my muscles so I have a pain free arm again.  Although if I overdo it with the bears, the pain does come back.  All in all, its a great way to know when I'm pushing myself too much...

Don't be a stranger  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Deb it is really is nice to have you back again.   Sorry to hear about you aches and pains and hope the get resolved soon.   Enjoy the party planning.   :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Welcome back Deb!!!

:dance: Woohoo! so glad to have you back! You have been missed.

Sorry about your arm. I hope you can rest it and it heals quickly. I have no personal experience with Celebrex so I can't help you there. sorry.
I'm definately looking forward to pics of the new studio and the new bears that will be coming out of it, soon I hope!! bear_thumb
:hug:

Board footer