Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

IMG_0859.JPGmedwater4.jpgwaterdog7.JPGmeadow1.JPGWe're heading into another heat wave in my area...at least that's what the weather guy is saying. 
Thought you all might get a kick out of my one dog enjoying the summer. 

This is my 11 month old Shiloh Shepherd, Meadow.  She has developed a love for water and my gardening hose.  I can't water my veggie gardens without this furry girly bounding at me to play.  She's still growing and could reach 115 pounds, but the poor thing thinks she's a tiny lap dog.  She's my real live teddy bear and my studio buddy...what a face  bear_wub

~Chrissi

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

We are having that same heat wave here in Ohio... still in the thick of it and I think it's headed your way, if I'm not mistaken.... so get ready to use that hose a lot Chrissi!  Oh that pup really does seem to be enjoying a cool spray!  I've had to the the same thing with my KIDS the last couple of days!  We've had a lot of rain here, so parts of our backyard resemble a swamp, so the little ones get covered in mud and muck... then run around in the sun till it dries... last night I literally had to have them strip naked in the backyard and just hose them down before they could enter the house!  I felt like some twisted prison guard or something... but they LOVED it!  bear_tongue

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

bear_wub Shilo what a lovely name for a lovely dog... bear_wub
She is really gorgeous Chrissi..
Ive got an old ancient one called Ellie.
ENJOY THE SUN :hug:

Kim: oh, so it's you sending the heat and humidity my way hmmmm....  :crackup:!  Playing in mud, letting it dry and then rinsing it off... in NYC that's called a day spa and women pay hundreds for it!  Your children will have glowing skin all summer  bear_grin 

Lanie:  We actually thought of calling her Shilo (her breed is a Shiloh Shepherd) but we all loved the name Meadow.  I call her "Mo" sometimes, because she likes to steal my Mohair scraps from the scrap bag  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous dog, Chrissi . . . everybody stay cool!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Chrissi,  Meadow looks soooo happy with the water - good for her LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

What a cute dog! Those pictures are great!

Thanks for sharing, I had a good chuckle

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Meadow is just a beauty!  Just look at that lovely coloring.  bear_wub

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
WildCatDancer wrote:

Now I want to play with the hose, I wonder if Elmo would like it?

If he's anything like Amanda ~ NO  bear_rolleyes   bear_laugh   She has a keen aversion to ANY form of water....doesn't matter if its over 100*...

Oooh, I'll have to show your lovely pics to my hubby  bear_thumb   He wanted to get a Shiloh shepherd years ago, but they seemed to disappear.  Plus I'm sure the apartment managers would have put their foot down over such a large dog  bear_ermm

I just love the pics of her happily playing in the water!   bear_wub   Keep cool everyone!!!  bear_thumb

Oooh, I'll have to show your lovely pics to my hubby  bear_thumb   He wanted to get a Shiloh shepherd years ago, but they seemed to disappear.  Plus I'm sure the apartment managers would have put their foot down over such a large dog  bear_ermm

I just love the pics of her happily playing in the water!

Hi DebbieD!
She's our first "large breed" and like I said she truly thinks she's a tiny dog..it's very funny.  She's the kindest and most gentle dog, just a true joy.  And smart, oh boy....housetraining was a non-issue, basic obedience was smooth sailing.....if I could just get her to stop stealing Mohair scraps  :lol:

Hi Renae.....Meadow says she'd love to take a dip in the pond and would love playing with all the cool furry ones at your house

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful dog!

Stellajella Wien

I bear_wub Meadow.
Chrissi, I think this is a very lovely dog!!!
I used to have a german shepherd, who thought she was a lapdog. Boy was she ever lovely! I miss her so much bear_cry
Whishing you all the best with your sweetypie

Gaby bear_flower

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub She's absolutely gorgeous Chrissi!!  And looks to be having a ball playing in the water! :hug:  :hug: Smart pup.....that's the way to cool off when it's so hot! bear_thumb

Board footer