Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I can see clearly now why others are taking a sabatical from TT.... saying they have work to do to prep for shows, spend time with family, etc. All are very good reasons but ya know what? The bottom line in some instances may simply be that they have BETTER and more PRODUCTIVE and POSITIVE things to do than sit and read all the belly aching and whining and birckering and feather smoothing that you all keep typing.

So, I have a show to prepare for and bears to make, yard work to do and friends to email with, websites to design, etc. so I'm off for a while.

Nope, don't any of you take it personally, tell me not to go or that you'll miss me. Don't take my lead and leave for the same reasons either. I'll be back so don't worry. I just have better things to do and have experienced enough negativity and stress in my life without having to get it from here too!

Everything goes in waves. This too shall pass!
I commend those who have been trying to keep things peaceful and happy and friendly here. Reality sucks enough... we should be able to come here, gripe, cry, laugh, share, etc. without insult, disrespect or verbal abuse. There is nothing adult, mature or civilized about such behavior.

TT has been a huge success for as long as it has because folks have felt comfortable, welcomed and safe here.  They've felt they could express, share, offer advice and be treated with respect. What the heck is wrong with that? Why do a select few of you feel the need to ruin a good thing and get the whole lot of TTers in an uproar? And then turn around and blame those of us trying to be friendly, respectful and keep the peace?

I'll be checking in on the Tips and Techniques page and the Bears and Friends as well. But the general 'discussion' stuff....... won't see me there for a while!

Kudos to Johnna, Keldj and Quy as well as the Advisors for the great job they are doing. You don't have control over what other's type. You've got a great forum here, one that will survive the ups and downs.... the site itself has so many great functions and resources and will continue to thrive, no doubt!!!

Love to all of you TTers that make this such a wonderful place to be! I still love ya! Just need some time away!
Friends... feel free to email me anytime!

Back soon!
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope your show is a huge success, Daphne, and that your dad's health continues to improve.  Take care of yourself and we'll welcome you back when you feel like posting.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Take care, Daphne!
We will still be there when you come back.
Have fun creating more bears and all related things.

And, of course, keep looking after your dad, who, I hope, well get better and better with time going.
I hope you will stay healthy all that time you will stay in the back of TT.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you wish to.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Best of luck with your show Daphne. I wish I could go and can't wait to see pictures of it. Meanwhile, enjoy your summer and your family. :hug:

big hugs

Dilu Posts: 8,574

c010.gif

Always hugs to you and your dad....keep us posted on the show!  Best of luck!

a194.gif

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_whistle ....and now I'm stuck with the song "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone"...not a bad song given the present mood on here.....  bear_laugh

I'll be thinking of ya for your first show  :hug:   HAVE FUN!!!!!  bear_wub  bear_flower

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Well.......I'm gonna say it anyway.......

I'll miss you!

:hug:  :hug:

Celena Oxford

Hi Daphne  :hug:

BEST WISHES ON YOUR SHOW bear_original  and hope your dad's health will keep on improving.  Take care of yourself.

Beary hugs
Celena

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Taka care of you Daphne and thank you for your peacefully mind :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, all!
Dad is doing quite well given all he's been through. Will be a very long slow road to health but he's making his way, one step at a time.

The show is sucking the life out of me.... only because i am likely trying to do too much. I just have all these wonderful ideas but I can't do them all this year. So I'm trying to reel myself in! Ha! I am having a BLAST planning it though! I wouldn't trade this opportunity for the world!

Debbie... sorry to get that song in your head but it was such an appropriate song. "I can see all obstacles in my way" was what I was thinking when I decided I needed to get away from here for a while! (Course, I gotta check in on my OWN thread!)

Hugs to all of you!!
XOXO
Daphne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Good luck at your show (finally doing something other than creating bunnies LOL), I will pray for the health of your dad... Take care and we will be here when you need us  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin  No complaints from me...I LOVE that song!   bear_flower Glad to hear your dad's doing better too  :hug:

Board footer