Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

house.JPGHi Everyone!    I have finally landed in texas and have internet access!    I am looking forward to reading all the post from the last few weeks!   Skimmed the headings and looks like a lot of interesting things going on!

The move on  whole has been smooth.  Only a few hick-ups to speak of.   About two weeks prior to the actual move date, a driver pulled out in front of me and there was no time to stop. needless to say both cars were a total loss.   Air bags went off and my poor little car took the brunt of it on the front end!    Word of caution, pray that when a car pulls out in front of you it is not a mercedes!  It was like hitting a brick wall!  On the other hand you can be pretty confident that a driver of a mercedes has insurance!  Thank god  bear_tongue   We were both shocked to say the least, but no major injuries to either of us!   Honda CRV is an awesome car in a crash!  It was older but took the crash like a champ!   

The other driver was trying to cross 6 lanes of traffic to go from one shopping plaza to another on a very busy street on a saturday.   Due to cars in the turning lanes she never saw me coming and I certainly never saw her!   The skid marks from my car were about 6 feet long!    The impact caused my car to jump the curb, miss two trees and  a no parking sign and land in the middle of a Clerk of the Courts empty parking lot!  There was just enough room between the trees and sign for my car to fit.  Although I must say, there were several points to this accident that were very positive.    The other driver had just dropped off her kids at a store (thank god again), because I hit her on the passenger side door, that and I missed the trees.        I have geico and wow they were wonderful!    The adjuster settled the claim in about 4 days due to my moving in the upcoming week.     That gave me just enough time to buy a new car.     Ended up with another Honda (pilot) the day before I left town!   

The whole relocation process has been extermely overwhelming, that along with the car accident.    The moving company showed up on a tuesday, packed the whole house by 2:00pm, the driver showed up a 1:00pm and had the everything on the truck by 9:30 pm.     It was so strange to be in the house with everything gone!    It was my very 1st house and I was in in for 10 years!    Such a good house!

Spent the next few days cleaning and getting the house ready to put on the market, what a huge job!  I am so glad it is over!       My neighbor was kind enough to help me load the new car up, pack the three dogs and off we went!   We left Saturday morning around 11:00 and made it to Lafayette, LA by about 1:00am (after many many rest stop visits for the doggies!)   Who, by the way were just wonderful in the car  bear_grin    Desperatly tried to find  hotel that night (who knew LSU had just graduated that previous Friday!)  Not a room to be found... well there was a really scary Super 8 motel that would take dogs.   It was the scariest, most disgusting place I have ever stayed.  I was never so happy to have a 130lbs big mean looking dog with me!  Slept for three hours and back on the road we were!    Never so happy as leave that gross place behind!

Hit Dallas about 1:00pm the next day only to arrive, meet up with my Dallas realtor, who had to make it a quick stop due to another open house that day.  The minute he left, I started to cry bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  and cry and cry.    I was so tired and overwhelmed that it was all I could do for the first 5 hours!    Called my mommy like a big baby and cried some more.       My realtor was kind enough to give me  a gift basket with a towel, shampoo and other niceties, along with a really nice air mattress!   Needless to say, I showered and went to bed!

All looked much nicer the next day!   Furniture arrived about 5 days later and I have been neck deep in boxes for the last week!    If I never see another box I will be happy!    Started with about 90 box and I am down to about 30 left.    I had no idea how over whelming it would be to move!       It is also amazing the things I have unpacked.  It is a bit like Christmas, only they were my things!  Ir's amazing the things I have found, things I have not seen in years, things that should have never made it out of Florida!   

So in the end, we have made it to Dallas, bought a really cute house in North Cliff area right in Dallas, after a three day trip to Dallas about three weeks before the big move I came out here and in the course of the three days we looked at 53 houses in about 15 different parts of town!    I finally settled on North Cliff as I figured that if I was going to move to a big city I might as well be in all the action or at least close to it!  It is a really quiet area (so far) and the neighbors seem really nice! Going out to dinner with one of them tonight.   The doggies are settling in well in their new home and hopefully soon I will be.      Every trip out take forever because I spend half of my time lost driving in what probably is a big circle  bear_grin 

I am so happy to be here, desperately trying to find all my "bear stuff" and looking forward to being back here more often!

Hugs to everyone!

Duff

Sophie:    I found my fur for our swap, now I just need to find everthing else!    Also, my fingers are crossed for you and your interview!

SueAnn: thank you for wonderful Package you sent me, it was really helpful!   I can't wait to meet you in person and buy you that lunch I owe you!

Eileen:  I'm here, I'm here!  I hope all is well, I'll write more soon!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

BEAUTIFUL LITTLE HOUSE!! I was wondering about where you were!!! Glad you are ok from the accident too  :hug:  Glad to hear that things are going well!!!!

Oh yeah, WELCOME BACK!!!  bear_original

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Duff . . . congratulations on making it through the move!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  I'm so very glad you weren't seriously hurt in the wreck!  Is the house above your new house?  It's really, really cute - I LOVE stone houses!  I'm acquainted with Oak Cliff - is that where your house is?  Or North Oak Cliff?  Yeah, you are right in the Big D neighborhood!  In your other post, is that the house you left in Florida?  So glad your neighbors are friendly - that  helps a lot when you relocate.  After you get settled, let's plan a get-together!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:

Woohoo Duff!

:dance:  :hug:

I'm so relieved that you and the doggies arrived safe and sound, after all those awful preliminaries! The house looks gorgeous . . . tour?

zemeski Posts: 434

bear_original 

Duff - I love your new house!! Beautiful landscaping and those windows on the front of the house are neat!! Looks like everything worked out great for the move. Sorry about the car. Glad you are alright though. I'm sure you'll be ready for a rest after you get settled in. I remember how hard it was on me being pregnant and moving from Charleston, South Carolina to Spartanburg, South Carolina, to Knoxville, Tennessee, to Atlanta, Georgia. Yes, all in one year. My husband was a restaurant manager for Old Country Buffet before they went out of business. We found out that they move their managers everywhere. I don't honestly no how we did it. I would unpack and have to turn around and repack. I was so tired during my pregnancy after that year that I literally had a melt down after I had my daughter. I spent three weeks in the hospital separated from my new baby and family trying to get myself back on track. So, I understand how tired you must be trying to get things done. Take it easy and enjoy your new home and town!!

bear_flower

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Glad you are safe Duff really it is a stresful time and adding a car crash to the mix is not much fun.  Glad no one was hurt.
Love the littel house.  Hope you have time to breathe now and relax.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Duff,

So glad that you are in your new home and how gorgeous it is.
Best of luck with getting organized with unpacking and sorting your life back to normal.
Sorry to hear about the car accident and glad that you were not hurt.
Best of luck with your new town and home.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear Duff,

I cannot believe i managed to miss that post!
I found it only a few minutes ago!

Please forgive me....

This house is just gorgeous and I love it! Is that the house you moved to or the one you're leaving? when can I visit you????  bear_tongue Oups, sorry, I need to have more money first... I saw a second post with a picture of another house, so I get confused!

I am glad this car crash did not send you to the hospital!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

OH wow, you've been busy!

That is the cutest house ever! Congrats

Board footer