Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all!  Well, after 3 greuling days of travel and extreme boredom..... OH Who am I kidding.....  I had SOOOOO much fun!  OK, OK....  I know this is not going to be my last bear show.  It was awesome!  While I did not sell out (as everyone was rooting for  :hug: Thanks, you all!! ) I had SUCH a good time and that's what was the most important.  The show was still worth my while as far as sales/adoptions go and, at least to me, it was a success for my first time around!

I know you are all dying for pics, and I'll get them on here, I promise!!!! but I am bushed tonight!  We just got home not too long ago, and have traveled nearly 14 hours over the last weekend, not to mention the scrambling to get things all set up 'just right' and everything.  I got pics of others' tables as well so that you all could see how people set up, what marvelous bears were there, and such and such and such. 

I can't wait for my next show!!

Kimberly W.

P.S. Shelli or someone, did I post this in the right area?  Should I have posted this elsewhere?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Kim . . . welcome back and I'm soooo glad you had fun!  Looking forward to seeing your photos.  You might leave this post here, then post your photos in the "Show and Travel" forum.  Can't wait to see them!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Kim,
It sounds like you have a great time at the show. Looking forward to some photo's.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm soo happy for you. Sounds like a great time. Wish I could've come visit.

Dying for pictures, but you know that.  bear_thumb

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Kim , welcome back and I'm happy to hear that you had fun at the show !!!   bear_flower
Paleae take a good rest now.  :hug:  I can wait for your photos.  bear_grin

hugs
Marie

chris009av Real Deal Bears

OOoooo Kinberly, sounds like you had such a great time.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Can't wait for the pics  :photo:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

bear_thumb   I KNEW you'd have a good time, and it'd be a hit for you (your bears are so gorgeous - they sell themselves!)  Can't wait to see the  :photo: s - Glad to hear you got back safe and sound!

Danni

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Yeah for pictures bear_grin The most important, is to have fun bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

YEA!!!!!  I'm so happy that your first show was successful and FUN!!!!!  can't ask for more than that Kim!  Rest up love, cause I have a BUNCH of questions for you!!!!  I'm gonna pick your brain till it bleeds!   :twisted:  bear_innocent  Just kidding!  I really do want to hear all about it though!   :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kim , that is wonderul that you had such a fun time and sold some bears too. I can't wait to see the pictures.   :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah, I am so glad you had a good time.  I am sure everyone smiled when they saw your critters bear_thumb  bear_original  bear_thumb . :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I look forward to seeing your pictures.  If you like, you can do a reporting live story.  Quy cab set you up so you have access to the reporting live forum to upload and wrok on text.  Let one of us know. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all, I'll get those pics on this afternoon after my husband leaves for work; he's begging for lunch over here, not to mention the kids.  Back to work, I guess! lol

Thank you all for your posts; I did indeed have a wonderful time!  I think I'm going to work first and foremost on developing my true style.  I think I have that down with the minis and the Pocket bears, but my big bears are still up in the air.  I've decided that yes, it's good to have a variety at the shows to show that you are multi talented (for lack of a better term) but you need to show them that you can also be conistent and have a look that everyone can see and say 'That's a 'Bear' Bottoms bear....'  So with that said, I'd better get back to the drawing board soon.  I think I'm going to try to do the Louisville KY show/Ursa Awards Ceremony in October.  Anyone, please doo feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer all of them!  It was SUCH a learning experience, and I got to swap techniques with some REALLY good artists!!!!!!

I'll have those pics up this afternoon!

Kimberly W.

Ft. Bragg, NC

P.S. Judi, would I be able to do a live report as it's over now?  I will be happy to if I can, but I'm no longer 'in the midst' of it all.... bear_original  Let me know, and let me know what to do....  Otherwise, I can do the next show if possible.  PM me and we'll talk, as I don't know how to do reporting and all that fun stuff!

Thanks!
Kimberly W.

K Pawz Guest

Welcome Back Kimberly, I knew that you would have a blast and do great!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Welcome Baaaaaaaack!!  Sounds like you had a great time, Hurray!! :clap:

:dance:

Congratulations on your first successful bear show!!

:dance:

Way to go! Here's wishing you many many more! :hug:

Can't wai for pics!!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Hey so glad your back... :hug:
Laniex

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all!  I have just submitted pics in the Show and Travel section for those of you who would like to see! :)

Kimberly W.

Board footer