Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

I just laminated on of my hangtags for a bear and was showing it to one of my friends and he said that sometime laminated stuff comes apart and looks icky. Has anyone laminated their hangtags? Do they hold up?
Aerianna

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Aerianna,

I always laminate my hangtags.  I haven't found it to be a problem .. more of a problem not to laminate because card gets bendy and sad looking!  bear_tongue

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I don't laminate my tags...never thought about it...

I do think they might  (my unlaminated ones, I mean) get worn looking as the bear gets old...but that's about par for the course for any hang tag...I have sewn in tags too.....

I quite like those little pockets that fancy stores use for posh tags..they'd be expensive though.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I laminate..... I look at the tags on my first bears that I didn't laminate and they are mangled.

I use a hot laminating method. I think that over time this might hold together better than the cold laminating. But I'm honestly not sure. I know that after 5 years the tags I've laminated look great. I find it handy at shows as I can put a sticker on with the price and easily peel it off when a bear is bought. Trying to peel a sticker off of paper or erase pencil from the tag isn't always easy, it's time consuming and one can make a mess in the process!

My two cents anyway!

Jenny... love your idea! Those pouches are neat!

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

I had a laminated part of a handmade shower invitation on my desk, & condensation from a
cold glass made the lamination & the printing underneath dissolve, so it was just plain
paper. Hey it was laminated, I thought it would work as a coaster!  bear_whistle I'm not sure what
method was used to laminate it if that happened - it looked pretty strong before it got wet! But I
had the crazy notion that lamination was supposed to protect from stuff like water.  bear_ermm

So uh...whatever the shower invitation maker used....don't use that  bear_tongue

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I use a hot laminator too Daphne.

Deb Upstate New York

I don't ... but would like to ... soon as laminator moves up on the priority list.
bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've had photos and cards that were laminated for safe keeping in hub's wallet go through the wash.. they survived ok. I'd again used the heat process. Maybe still being IN the leather wallet (which also survived.... phew!) has something to do with it??

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I've just bought a laminator and have yet to use it. I think I will try the hot laminating on my tags and hope they stay good.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I haven't laminate my tags but I would love to do...soon as I found out how.  bear_tongue

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Ok, thanks for all of that information. So it sounds like hot laminating is the trick. That is what I did to one of my labels and I think that after this advice, I am going to continue to do so.
Thank you!!!!!!!!
Aerianna

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Aerianna, I know what caused the problem your friend spoke of. If the paper to be laminated is foled in half and when cut after laminating the middle of the paper comes apart. Well it would because it isnt glued.
If you need to trim the laminate, make sure that there is a border around the paper.
There isnt anything to laminateing. you just put the paper or card in the plastic sleeve and then place in the laminator and it just glides through and comes out the other side. Walla!!! all done.
I LOVE MY LAMINATOR bear_wub
Wendy

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I love my hot laminator too.  I got it and hubby said you'll never use it... well we never seem to STOP using, tags, forms, things for the girls.  The list is endless.

Board footer