Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

...but be warned!  I'm not responsible if it breaks your computer  :pray:    So mouse at your own risk!!!!   :crackup:

Stellajella Wien

Debbie, you look sooo cute!!!!!
I always wanted blond curly hair, and I bet you have gazillions of feckles!

Is there a reason, why you wanted to stay anonymous??? bear_whistle

Gaby bear_flower
xoxo

:hug: Thank you Gaby!!!  :hug:

I have to say I'm utterly ashamed of the way I look, and that's why I wanted to stay anonymous for so long.  bear_cry   Yes, I know I shouldn't be, but when I look at my pictures anymore, I just feel so awful about them.  I'm not used to being so overweight...  bear_sad

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Look at that smile!!!! It's very contagious!
Thank you for sharing your picture  with us!

You know that most of us are NOT judgemental... especially about our looks!!!!

I feel the same way as you about how I look these days.... the extra chins and huge cheeks on my face make me sick... who IS that???? Can't be me! :crackup:  (No, I don't look as thin as in my picture...another chin has moved in!!! You all won't see me now!)

So, Kudos to you for taking the plunge and sharing your picture with us!!!

:clap:  :dance:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Debbie I know what you mean, I have the same problem and I´ve tried a lot to lose weight.
It never works for me, since I need to do sports to lose weight, which I cannot after a car accident I had about 18 years ago.
It´s a vicious circle, because the less I do, the more the weight gives pain to the bones and the less I can move bear_wacko

Enough whining. This was the theorie.

In real life I used to want to walk underneath the carpet, about 60 pounds ago.
Since I look like a gasoline barrell I have much more self confidence  ...if ever anybody makes fun about me now, I just roll over them  :crackup: - uhm, was just kidding, because actually, people made much more fu about me when I was thin.  :doh: now this gives me food for thought!  :crackup:

I don´t give a damn anymore. I work together with only very good looking and very thin ladies and girls so I stick out of the crowd and if I tell you, that it´s not the looks, that´s important of somebody, then you might just roll your eyes and yawn.
Yes, we have heard that a zillion times. BUT: it is obviousely true, because I myself don´t judge people for what they look like but for what good a person they are. And I don´t do this because of my own experience; I did that already when I was young. This way I met a lot of beautiful, loveable and kind people- beautiful on the inside for sure, on the outside maybe  bear_grin
And you are beautiful! I can read that in your posts and I can see it in your smile!  bear_thumb

What my boyfiend thinks about this? Well: there´s so much more me to love *giggle*

Stay sweet!

Gaby bear_flower
xoxo

:hug: Thank you girls!!!  Both of you have given me a big boost and I do thank you for it  :hug:   

I have to say this morning's photo session was fun.  Its the first time I've tried to get my own pic with two roaming equines trying to ham it up and take over the photo shoot.  Afterall, I did take the camera out to sneak a few pics of them...and they're convinced I was focusing the camera wrong  :photo:  :crackup:

Wait Lady Bear...
IMG_1168.JPG

Hey!!!...
IMG_1166.JPG

:crackup: ...and Blossom just wanted the whole thing for herself ... :crackup:
blossom_nose.JPG

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

21stbirthday028.jpg

Yes the weight war is ALWAYS ON !!! Just wanted to share with you a picture of my youngest and my self  at his 21 st. birthday party. He thought it was funny to stick a stogie in my mouth !! He smoked it later .... I think just to see if I would let him . He didnt like it !!! Tee Hee!!

But I just wanted to share that we are all fading on the out side , just a part of life . And I dont like what I see in the mirror any more , But .... If people take the time to know me they see I am just a fuzzy teddy bear !! With lots of stuffing  :crackup:

Jodi Falk

:hug: Thanks Jodi  :hug:

The thing is ~ all you gals look so HAPPY  bear_flower ... and pretty darned beautiful  bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh what a darling you are Debbie, and fancy not putting your photo up sooner.
Wait till mine goes on and then see how many computers crash  bear_grin

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Debbie!!!!!  Nice to see your smiling face!  That Blossom... what a camera hog!   bear_smile

Jodi... your son is adorable!  And you are too!     bear_wub

Gaby... oh... what you say is SO true!  No matter what size you are... it's how you feel about yourself and others as a person, NOT as a body!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi Deb! It's great to see your beautiful smiling face, neighbor!!

but when I look at my pictures anymore, I just feel so awful about them.  I'm not used to being so overweight...

Debbie you are beautiful and have nothing to be ashamed of at all!!!!!! :hug:
I understand how you feel though. I gained a LOT of weight when I quit smoking and lost  LOT of self esteem because of it.  Now I avoid looking in the mirror except when necsessay to make myself presentable enough to keep the dogs from howling and hiding under the bed!  :crackup:  :redface:   Photographs are even worse. ugh. I hate seeing photos of myself now. So... I can relate to how you feel. I think we are a lot harsher on ourselves than on anyone else, but truly you are a lovely person inside and out.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: Thank you gals...you've given me hope to come out from behind my bears...even the big Lady Bear  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi  Debbie- always really neat to put a face to the folk, that make their Bears.
Thanks for putting your photo here.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Debbie !!!
Thanks for posting your pics♪
It's very nice to see our friend's face.  bear_wub
Don't you worry about your photo, you look
very cute !! bear_wub   

Jodi, I thought he was your little brother.  bear_wub Thanks for nice smiling photo! it made me big smile too !   

hugs
Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Debi, nice to see you at last. Your horse surely likes to steal the thunder, cheeky sweetheart, he's sooooo cute.

Jodi

He thought it was funny to stick a stogie in my mouth

What the heck is a stogie? Is it a cigar?
Your son is the same age as my youngest son and he is just as full of mischief as your son looks. Handsome boy you've got there!
Jodie I love this.

If people take the time to know me they see I am just a fuzzy teddy bear !! With lots of stuffing

Mind if I use that one?

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

YEAH NICE TO SEE YOU AT LAST...
Tut tut your lovely just as i imagined... bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Debbie, thank you so much for putting a face behind your avatar!

I am so pleased to be able to see your face.
You have really no reason to want to hide!
You've got a very pleasant fave with a lovely smile and beautiful hair. What more to expect????

Your horses too are beautiful!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Debbie well done on putting your photo up  bear_flower  I love your curls too!  I used to have ringlets when I was little and wish they'd come back.
and weight gain!  ughh...the steroids for my arthritis and addisons...I've see myself grow a dress size or two in a few months and its been so quick that its scary!..ughh!
xo sarah

bear_flower  I'm so happy I haven't broken any monitors ...yet..  bear_flower   And I'm also happy that you now have a face to put to a name.... So many times I see our bears posted on here, and the artist looks so much like their bears....absolutely adorable!  bear_wub   

Hmmmm....so maybe if I start making thinner faced bears??  :crackup:  Just kidding my lovelies ...I don't think it would work for me.

I will say that the photos have given me a stark wakeup call, so I'm back on my healthier diet as of yesterday.  The biggest bonus is that I DO feel better all ready!   bear_happy   I know better than to eat junk food, but that's all I've been eating for about three months.  With all the fillers, aditives and fake colours, small wonder my body responded like this.  I'm just glad I'm not smurf coloured  bear_ermm

Oh yes, the curls.... I live in Missouri and we have very high humidity here...which bring on the dreaded curls.  I fought for years against them, tried all sorts to straighten my hair, but anytime I sweated, or went outdoors....the curls would start, beginning with my two little 'owl horns' just like this  :twisted:   Nothing could stop it, so I finally gave up.  I just throw it into a ponytail and forget about it.   bear_tongue

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Deb, you have the most sweet , innocent face.  I saw your picture before, and I like this one even better.  You look so genuine and have a great smile.  You look so young too !! You have nothing to be embarrased about.  But, I know what you mean.  I feel the same when I look at my own picture.   bear_whistle   Thanks for having the courage to share your face with everyone.      :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I LOVE your photo, Debbie!!  What I wouldn't do to have your curly hair - mine is stick straight!  It's definitely great to see you - so glad you shared your pic with us!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yayyyy Debbie, Honey you are lovely, beautiful skin, curly hair, happy smile, nothing to hide from, Glad to see you! c032.gif

:dance:  :dance: I'm so happy you took the plunge Renae and put your pic up too  :hug:   Actually, there's so many new faces behind the avatars now...its fun to pop over and see who's who  bear_wub

LOL...I followed that link Renae, and felt like I'd fallen down the rabbit hole!  My goodness those gals have breathtakingly beautiful hair  bear_shocked   I tried to suss out the hair conditioning potion section for curlies, but simply couldn't find it ~ although I found other fascinating threads to follow.  I can picture going through that forum for days....and I've gotten some interesting tips all ready.    bear_thumb

So if there are any more shy TTers out there.... take the plunge and get your picture up,  its really not that bad!  bear_happy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
doodlebears wrote:

Hiya Debi, nice to see you at last. Your horse surely likes to steal the thunder, cheeky sweetheart, he's sooooo cute.

Jodi

He thought it was funny to stick a stogie in my mouth

What the heck is a stogie? Is it a cigar?
Your son is the same age as my youngest son and he is just as full of mischief as your son looks. Handsome boy you've got there!
Jodie I love this.

If people take the time to know me they see I am just a fuzzy teddy bear !! With lots of stuffing

Mind if I use that one?

Hugs Jane.  :rose:

Yes a cigar !! Tee Hee!!!
                               Jodi Falk

Board footer