Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario
WildCatDancer wrote:

Whoa! Note to self: Don't live Marion unattended amongst the bunnies!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Actually I have about 20 rabbits at this time....unfortunately none as large as the one pictured! But I must admit that they are NOT pet rabbits. Need I say more?

Marion

Deb Upstate New York
MerBear wrote:

Actually I have about 20 rabbits at this time....unfortunately none as large as the one pictured! But I must admit that they are NOT pet rabbits. Need I say more?

Marion

Are they all named Stew?

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh, poor little bunnies.... bear_cry

Brockville, Ontario

If you're not a vegetarian your food is not grown in styrofoam packages ...sorry everybody. We raise our own pork, beef, and poultry - otherwise known as pig, cow and chicken! One of my daughters refuses to eat any meat unless it is home-grown cause then she knows the animal had a good life and wasn't on a feed-lot.
But yes, Deb, our animals do tend to have names like "Big Mac" and "Saturday Night Special" etc. 
I'm getting a little worried about my sister though. She started feeding the piglets and baby chicks and is now naming them. She's named two of the turkeys "Sam" & "Ella" - she figures no one would want to eat "Salmonella". She also does a lot of the cooking for the family and if she gets too attached to those pigs I guess pork chops won't be appearing too often on the table next fall.   :crackup:

Marion

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Yes, I'm a vegetarian and have been for the last 10 and a half years.  bear_original

Brockville, Ontario

For all the livestock we raise - we also have several vegetarian meals planned each week. It's certainly a healthy way of eating but we just can't give up being omnivoires entirely.

Marion

Board footer