Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Aparrotforrenae2.jpgAparrotforrenae1.jpgThis flew into my garden while I was on the computer the other day. So I started shooting. I thought you might be interested to see what I see when I'm on the computer.
They are commonly refered to as '28's' , I've heard them referred to as 'Green parrots' and 'Ringnecks'.
They have a wonderful bell like sound , very pretty to listen to.
Wendy bear_thumb

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Wendy, you have a beautiful sight !!  bear_wub
Thanks for posting pics of 'Green parrots' and 'Ringnecks'.   :hug:

hugs
Marie

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Wendy , Hubby asks do you live in a zoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahhaha how lucky you are to be surrounded by such wonderfull creatures.
Lynette

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

You are so nice to share these pics with us!

Thank you very much!

This bird is beautiful!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow you are so lucky, I love birds. I have had my parrot, Beaker, for sixteen years, I got him when I was 13 and have had him ever since... sometime we don't get along, we are like an old married couple!  bear_laugh
Birds are suprisingly smart!
You live in Australia right? My husband and I are planning a trip, any recommendations?
Here is a picture of my green terror below.  bear_happy
Aerianna
familyBeaker.jpg

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

OOO HOW LOVELY WENDY... I LOVE BIRDS...

MY HUBBYS  GOT AN AFRICAN GREY AND AND AN  AMAZON PARROT BOTH CHEEKY, NUTTY, MESSY CRITTERS.
BASIL AND JOEY/CHARLIE.

I PREFER TO SEEM THEM FREE THOUGH REALLY... THATS SUCH A LOVELY VIEW. :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oooh, gorgeous!!!!  But I have to ask... why 28s???

LOL..can't help but think people pay big bucks for handfed babies over here, and you've got them flying to your window  :crackup:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Lucky you Wendy. A friend of mine has a ringneck here and he's sort of friendly at times but so beautiful.

Marion

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow Wendy, that is soo cool!

We don't have colorfull birds like that here. Well, wild ones anyway. How beautiful.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Wendy, that is amazing!  I'd love to see one in the wild.

hugs,

Brenda

Deb Upstate New York

Great view!  I have a lovely view of the wall when I'm on the pc.   bear_rolleyes
Thanks for sharing Wendy.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow, that's an awesome view.  I can't imagine having a bird like that just fly in front my window, have a snack and fly away...too cool....if it did I'd be searching the papers to see who lost an exotic bird in my area!!  Thanks for sharing!!!

~Chrissi bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a lucky ducky you are, Wendy . . . awesome!

WA

What a great parrot Aerianna. A lisence is needed over here to have specific native breeds. Which can be expensive. As for the exotics, wellll.... the authorities keep an eye on you.They just are not allowed for the general public.
I had two Rossellas come into the garden yesterday. Most of these parrots travel in pairs. They arent native to WA. They come from avery birds that have exspaped and multiplied. There are so many now that they are ranging out side of Perth.
They are called '28's' because some dill said they sounded like they were saying 28, 28, hahahah. But they dont.
They have a beautiful voice. These parrots dont talk. Nor do the Redtail Black cockatoos which fly over in great swarms. Noisy devils but a sight to see. In Spring the galahs take over two trees in the street and feed on the blossoms. There ends up being Hundreds. Galahs are basicly grass feeders. And 28's you will find in the trees.
Especially the grass tree which use to ba abundent here.
At the aquatic centre in Warnbro you vcan sit in the pool and watch the galahs play on the equipment in the playground outside. They are real comics.  Down the beach front here in Rocky  are the Corellas(sp?)
There is parkland all the way along the beach front and the correllas feed on bugs and seeds in the grass. Then they head for the trees for a snooze.
Blossom is going to go visiting for Sophie in a week or so . I'll get her to take some pics for you.
As for visiting Aust .WA is just the best spot. I could do a little travel guide to WA post if anyone is interested.
Wendy bear_thumb

WA

port_lincon_parrot.jpegpalm_cockatoo.jpeggang_gang_cockatoo.jpeggalahs_6days2.jpegcorella.jpegcockatiel.jpegPARROTS, 1:cockatiel 2:corella 3:galahs 6days old, 4: gang gang 5: palm cockatoo

Board footer