Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

small-black-bear-bb05.jpgsmall-blacbbbbb02.jpgsmall-bear-cub-black03.jpg:redface: I have tried really hard to get good pictures.....But, even with all the help(thank you ladies) these are the best of the 100 or so shots.
Anywho, I am still pleased to show you Ryan. He is 20" and crocheted from four types of yarn. He has black glass eyes and a growler in his belly. I used black ultra-suede for his eyelids, ear liners and paw pads. He and his paw pads are stuffed with poly-fil.
He has a cute little bear tail on his bottom. To my surprise, he is somewhat poseable due to the thickness of the yarns! I just love him, and since no one can see him really good, I may just keep him! bear_wub
JeannieB bear_original

Krümelbärchen Kr
Hagen / Germany

I like Ryan very much  bear_wub

It's really difficult to make a good pic of  a  black teddy  bear_cry
But you did it well  bear_flower

We  have so much phantasy that we can imagine the rest we can't see  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I couldn't believe he was crocheted, that's amazing - he does look so soft and cuddly.  Perhaps you should keep him - he's gorgeous.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! I did'nt realize Ryan is crocheted ...awesome. the only bear I crocheted  looked somewhat odd.

Hugs Jane. bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Crocheted?  Wow!  He looks a sweetie ... black bears are a devil to photograph, you have my sympathy!!  bear_original

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thank you ladies for your wonderful comments! This was my first bear crocheting with so many yarns....very hard to do...I promised myself the next one will be a lighter color!
JeannieB bear_original

Celena Oxford

Jeannie, Ryan is LOVELY!  And you crocheted Ryan?  AMAZING!  You are GOOD  bear_thumb

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Jeannie, I thin he has got to be your CUTEST yet!   bear_wub Hmmmm...my pink bear needs a boyfriend...... lol!!  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

Kimberly W.
P.S. Now don't you dare send him (because I know you would be just the sweetest and DO that!!) You keep that little heartbreaker and give him a hug from me! bear_original

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Kimberly,
:crackup: You got me....I have never kept one of my bears and you know I'd put him in the mail tomorrow! But, I think your pink bear needs a blue boyfriend.
:photo:  I have been strategically moving Ryan away from your professional black bear photos! :crackup:  :crackup:
Bear hugs,
JeannieB bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I wish I was as talented to be able to crochet a bear. Lovely cute face he has.  Maybe if you moved him close to the window next time you need to photograph a bear. especially a black one. It may help. bear_thumb

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Jeannie,

LOL, you crack me up!  By the way, I am NO professional Photographer...  I have been trying in vain since my VERY FIRST bear to get good close ups of the face/head, and it has all been in vain thus far.  bear_cry   bear_tongue

Kimberly W.

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thank you for the suggestion, Wendy. I tried at the window with Ryan, but I think the sun was still too bright...he turned out like a black blob! I will try again when it is not so bright!
   JeannieB bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Jeannie, little Ryan is

ADORABLE

I LOVE HIM!! bear_wub

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Jeanie,
Ryan is adorable, it must have been so hard to crochet with black yarn??
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Susan,
  Couldn't see a thing!! If he wasn't so darn cute....his parts would still be in the yarn closet! :crackup:
JeannieB bear_original

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

He is divine.  I have a pattern for a gorgeous little dog but I can't crochet maybe one day.  If my dog turns out half as nice as your bear I'll be elated!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Jeannie, he is sooooo adorable.  I just love the second and third pictures.  He looks so alive and like a curious little cub .   How did you ever work with black yarn   bear_wacko

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Ah, Ryan is very cool! You did a great job with the pictures too. I have a black dog and it is almost impossible to get a good photo of her!

Ryan is just adorable, great job! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer