Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi again.  We just returned from the fair today and oh my....what fun.

In my other post  I told you all how Rachel won First PLace for Junior Showmanship.  So the community gets together for an auction where many businesses bid on winning livestock and the Showman Ship Winners Cheese boxes (which they were awarded to put in the auction). 
Rachel-fair-11-1.JPG

WELL...you'll never guess how much Rachel's cheese box went for....$1,250.00!!!!
  It's worth about $30.  This is such a wonderful way that the community shows all the young people who show how much they are appreciated and to reward them for all thier efforts.  AND to keep continued interest in farming and agriculture.

Rachel-fair-12-1.JPG

It was so exciting.  We sprinkled silver glitter on Mallory's back and head so she just glimmered in the auction ring.  Yes, she was in the auction ring with Rachel and the box of cheese...but Mallory was only there with Rachel in front of a huge crowd to honor her again for her award. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Rachel-fair-02-1.JPG

Thanks for letting me share bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW . . . how fantastic is that??!!!  Does Rachel have plans for that money already?  Congratulations!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Sue Ann.  We are going to put it in the bank, but we are going to let her spend some on vacation next month in San Diego...she may just spend it at the bear show!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

WOW!!!   What a wonderful community you must live in!!!   That is truly fantastic.   :clap:   :clap:   :hug:   :hug:   :clap:   :clap:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

How great is that? I think it's fantastic! So great to see communities supporting kids in productive activities and rewarding their hard work.   What fun deciding what to spend the money on too! bear_original

Congratulations again Rachel!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, that is just fantastic, Judi!! Huge congratulations to Rachel - she must be SO excited!!!
Bear hugs, Edie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you so much.  It has been such a fun and busy weekend!

I am exhausted. bear_happy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

What a wonderful community !!  bear_smile
Rachel must be so exited to receive this award ♪  bear_flower  :bday:

I hope you all have a great time at the Sandiego Show.
Thanks for sharing.  :hug:

hugs
Marie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh my, that is wonderful Judi!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rachel must be so excited!   :dance:   :clap:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: That is WONDERFUL!!!   :clap:  :clap:   Its really heartwarming to hear a community pitching in like that and rewarding the youngsters for their hardwork  bear_wub

:clap: Congratulations again Rachel and Mallory!!!   :clap:   And of course hardworking Mum n Dad who are proudly glowing in the background  bear_grin

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Congratulations, Rachel!  You've done a fabulous job with all your hard work and it's so nice to see you rewarded!  Have fun spending you "treat" money in San Diego, sweetie.

Judy, you and your hubby must be incredibly proud!  Congrats to you both as well.

hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Rachel! that is wonderful and how proud you must be of your sweet daughter, Judi.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a fantastic community to live in, how wonderful to support the younger generation like this. Congratulations once agin, you all deserve it!

WowRachel.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

You've got a wonderful daughter and super cows!

yepeee!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

She must be so excited. What a lovely talented girl. Brill!!!!!! bear_thumb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

That is fantastic.  It makes me so sad to see the farms and farm programs just being tossed away.  I think people have forgotten how important farming is.  Contrary to popular belief, milk does not come from Kroger.  I congratulate you and your daughter (and Mallory).  Our fair begins today, and I will be working every day.  I also expect to have some bragging pictures in a few days.  Mine will be more bear related.

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Well done!!! :dance:
JeannieB bear_original

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Hurray!! Great job!!:clap:  :clap:   I love the county fairs too!  I can just smell the sawdust and cows looking at your pictures.  bear_grin I used to be in 4-H and enter in the fairs (sewing, crafts, and cooking.)  But I loved the animal barns!

Joan

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=24]Way to go Rachel!!![/size]

F

A

N

T

A

B

U

L

O

U

S

Deb Upstate New York

Judi ~

This is just awesome!  Congrats to Rachel!  My neice Rebecca shows too (they have a dairy farm here in NY.) 
bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
lemmonbears wrote:

I can just smell the sawdust and cows looking at your pictures.  bear_grin I used to be in 4-H and enter in the fairs (sewing, crafts, and cooking.)  But I loved the animal barns!

Joan

Joan, that smell is just the best!  I too, love the wood shavings and hay smell..there is something very comforting in that earthy smell.

I am completely exhausted...thrilled...but exhausted. 

Thank you all so much for your comments.  I will show these all to Rachel.  It just reinforces her reward.  Thank you very much. :clap:  :clap:

We just came home for a little while and now it's back to the fair to pick up our heifer and let the kids go on a few more rides...wwweeeeeeeeeee bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

That's so awesome!! First Place and a super selling cheese box!!

Wow GREAT JOB RACHEL and have FUN with some of the funds on vacation!!  That ROCKS!! bear_thumb

~Chrissi

clare14 Country Bears
England

What an amazing little girl you have there Judi, you must be soooo proud - well done Rachel!!!  I can't get over how much she looks like you!!   bear_wub  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Judi!  Give your daughter a great BIG congratulatory hugs from me!!!!  That is so awesome!!!!  Oh my GOSH!!!!  She looks JUST like you!!!!  Well... minus the braces!  She is gorgeous... just like Mom!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:

Woohoo Rachael!!

:dance:

What a treat to see those two beautiful happy faces--Mallory is happy, right? bear_flower

Board footer