Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey ladies.

Just reading in that veggie post about a diet, Slimming world.
I'm just chiecking it out, it looks good. Lots of vegitarian food.

But I have some questions please.

what is Vecon ?

What is Quorn?

Thanks! :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Someone posted in the vegetarian post that Quorn is a meat substitute but I'm not sure what it's made of or what vecon is.
I guess I'm no help but I'm interested to find out  :redface:   bear_smile   bear_smile

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I'm not sure what Vecon is - I've heard of it but not used it personally.

Quorn is a low fat meat substitute which is actually made with fungi protein called mycoprotein. I love it and use it all the time. You can get Quorn mince, pieces, fillets, burgers, sausages and LOTS more!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Here is the Quorn website http://www.quorn.com/

I've just looked on the internet and found out that Vecon is a concentrated vegetable stock.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I think Slimming World is ideally suited to veggies. My friend lost 9stone with them on green days as she is a veggie. If you need to know anymore just ask, I lost weight on slimming world and have had my own classes for 7 years. Its a fab eating plan, although I'm biased!

I love quorn 'breaded chicken burgers'. Vecon is used in the recipes as its suitable for vegetarians but you can substitute any low fat stock.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks guys.

Amanda, I'm really looking into that diet. I'm doing well on my own, but running out of ideas.

I just can't get over all the food you get to eat. Any 'diet' that tells me I can eat loads of pasta is a good thing.

Plus,I love the 'free' foods idea. Often I will get a real hungry day and no amount of food is enough.

Amanda, you may just be hearing from me.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

It seems the most crazy idea to people when we say unlimited, no weighing. There is a lot of talk about how you relate to food as well. Its about freedom. I found I was so full and because I knew I could eat more, I did'nt. bear_wacko I've just had some stuff off the company today, new recipe books trhat are coming out. I'm no cook but the ideas are fantastic and they are going to do a big promotion to tell people about all the food we can eat.

If it helps a lady up the road was last years greatest loser, she lost just under 20 stone, 280lbs. Yes I have typed it in right! I've met her a couple of times and shes lovely.

Board footer