Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sonya..... WOW!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!!!! Not only for how handsome he is but for the infinite patience his costume required!!! I hope you've asked for pictures of him in his car on parade day... and will share them with us!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Daphne
Of course I DID! They are so excited to get him. They promised to send pics back to me
]Sonya

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sonya he is wonderful beyond words! I can see why you enjoyed making him! What a wonderful feeling for you that they are so pleased with him too....bet that's just the lift you needed huh?
Wonderful, wonderful bear. Well done you! :clap:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh my!!  You have truly outdone yourself.  This bear is quite simply...well....fantabulously magnificent!!  Truly a remarkable bear.  Hooray for you!!  You should be very, very proud of this bear, my dear.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow Sonya!!  He is amazing!
xo sarah

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

aw thank you so much ladies. I think this bear has done much to boost my confidence. They have already made orders for 2 more.
Sonya

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

WOW!!  bear_wub

BRAVO BRAVO Sonya !!!!! 

:photo:  :clap:  bear_flower

He is PERFECT and truly MAGNIFICENT !!   

Thanks for posting!
Hugs
Marie

Jana Posts: 23

Sonya,  I am sitting here with my heart in my throat.  I am reading all the Rave reviews you are getting on your Ranger Bear.  I am in total shock and awe.
I am a novice bear maker, I have made 5 so far from very simple patterns.  I now am researching on a bear for my husband who is the Chief of Police.  He is retiring  after 35 years as a Police Officer/Chief and his retirement dinner is in late October.  I want to make a bear with a  police uniform from my husband own uniform.  This project is so inside my heart, that when I saw your bear I nearly cried.  This is exactly what I want for my bear to look like.  I have been searching every evening for the hat alone,..........this exact hat in black.   I search for the best bear pattern,  and I have been searching for the accessories.  I simply cannot take my eyes off this bear and his details you  have given him.  I would think that with all this pride this bear is showing,....that you HAD to be a Police Officer's wife, surely only SHE could protray this in him.  I am truely envious of what you have accomplished,  and can only pray that I can do anything near the superior job you have done on one of our World's Finest......................Wow,  I am totally breathless.         :clap:
Jana G.
Police Officer's wife for 35 years

Sonja,
How many hours do you have in this bear and outfit?
Thanks
Jana G.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Jana
My gosh! I am the one sitting here with my heart in my throat. Your heartfelt message about my bear really touched my heart. I am not a police officer's wife, I just love bears in uniforms.  :redface: I understand what you mean about finding accesories. I was lucky enough to find most of them on ebay and what I couldn't find, I made. The hat I also got on ebay from a retired Idaho trooper. I think I have about a full weeks work into this bear. That's working about 5 hours every evening on him. I collected most of the parts before starting him. The Rangers send me his tie tac, patches, and hat and chest badges. They arrived just in time to finish him up. He was a lot of work, but well worth it as the Rangers have now received him and they LOVED him so much. I have received many emails from different Rangers there telling me how touched they were by this bear. It is almost overwhelming. I am almost afraid to make another because I am afraid it won't live up to this one. I did find out there is a small shoe repair shop in our town that I may be able to commission to make some of the accessories for me when I make more.  Oh.. one thing about the hats. You can also get this same hat on ebay usually at reasonable prices, but in different colors. I got another hat and found that you can use leather dye (the kind that comes in a shoe polish bottle) and dye the hat. It looks very natural when the dye dries and doesn't rub off.
Again, thank you so much Jana (and eveyone else) for your heartfelt comments about "Ranger". He doesn't have a name yet. They told me they are going to have a competition with the public to "Name that bear"

Hugs
Sonya

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Jana
My gosh! I am the one sitting here with my heart in my throat. Your heartfelt message about my bear really touched my heart. I am not a police officer's wife, I just love bears in uniforms.  :redface: I understand what you mean about finding accesories. I was lucky enough to find most of them on ebay and what I couldn't find, I made. The hat I also got on ebay from a retired Idaho trooper. I think I have about a full weeks work into this bear. That's working about 5 hours every evening on him. I collected most of the parts before starting him. The Rangers send me his tie tac, patches, and hat badge and chest badges. They arrived just in time to finish him up. He was a lot of work, but well worth it as the Rangers have now received him and they LOVED him so much. I have received many emails from different Rangers there telling me how touched they were by this bear. It is almost overwhelming. I am almost afraid to make another because I am afraid it won't live up to this one. I did find out there is a small shoe repair shop in our town that I may be able to commission to make some of the accessories for me when I make more.  Oh.. one thing about the hats. You can also get this same hat on ebay usually at reasonable prices, but in different colors. I got another hat and found that you can use leather dye (the kind that comes in a shoe polish bottle) and dye the hat. It looks very natural when the dye dries and doesn't rub off.
Again, thank you so much Jana (and eveyone else) for your heartfelt comments about "Ranger". He doesn't have a name yet. They told me they are going to have a competition with the public to "Name that bear"

Hugs
Sonya

Dilu Posts: 8,574

f040.gif  f040.gif                                   

Sonya

He is incredable, and his uniform is so unbelievably realistic....a webbed belt?!  the properflashlight?!  The decals and badges?!!!!!

[size=26]WOW!!! [/size]

And he looks quite sharp and authoritarian with a little fuzz for softness.

He is a fantastic bear and the details and care you took are simply mahhhhhvelous.  You truly are a Bearymaster

c011.gif

The gollies give you a gazillion soomersaults up.....but since they can't spell any better than I how about this:

c014.gif  c014.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What an impressive creation, Sonya!  I'm sure Rangers are totally awed by your magnificent bear.  Don't see how he could be any better . . . you're a genius!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

love a man in uniform!!!! He's Awesome.

Sonja,  Are you telling me that the hat you got,........or the hat from ebay is a FULL SIZE troopers hat?   I am thinking about a Bear size hat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   where can I get this ??????
Thanks,...........man Sanja,...........I am still in awe,.............Geez Girl,.........I had my  " Hubby Chief"  look at  "Ranger" too!   HE was so cute,............he just told me,..........AHW Honey,  You don't Have to do all that for me"  .........lol  Yeah right!
Bear Friend Forever------------Jana

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

What a bear! I bet they just love him. I love the picture where he is posing on the table... classic!!!!
Aerianna

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Jana, Yes it is a full size trooper hat. Ranger is 28-29 inches tall and I made him with a "bigger bone" structure I guess you could call it. As for a bear size.. or at least a smaller bear size, you might look on some of the children's halloween costume sites. Do a google search for smokey hats and campaign hats and halloween hats. I did find some child sized smokey hats but they weren't in the really heavy felt like the men sized hats were
Sonya
Also look for children's sized hats that are sold in Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. Google Grand canyon smokey hat

Board footer