Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Bev College Place, WA

Can any one help me!!!! I found a thread I really like to finish the hand sewing on my bears and now can't get it any longer. I need waxed nylon 3 ply in a natural color. It works wonderfully and doesn't cut into your fingers if you are finishing quite a few at the last minute.        bear_rolleyes

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Bev,
I did a google search for waxed nylon thread.  There is a Silamide that is a 2 ply for beading.  Do you have a brand name for what you were using?   Don't you just hate it when you find a product you are very pleased with the results you get and then you can't get it any longer!
Donna

Bev College Place, WA

No brand name, and I got it from spare bear parts, but they are unable to get any more at present. Waxing my own won't work unless I can find the 3 ply. My next option will probably be bead stores, sometimes they have back stock that is discontinued. Thanks to any one who can help.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

I have a related question, how do you knot the nylon threads? in
beading I actually use a match to melt them because the knots
always unravel if I don't. do you have to superglue or melt the knots?

or do I just stink at tying knots?  bear_grin

Bev College Place, WA

I just tie a knot like any other thread. Roll it down your finger and tighten. This isn't like fishing line.

Board footer