Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

It's so quiet in here!!!   Everyone must be busy busy busy...so what is everyone doing this day?

I'm impatiently watching my cat begin her nesting ritual and acting down right strange today.

I will be closing up my Challenge Bear and hopefully photographing him, then posting for all to see.

I need to go to the grocery store but hate it worth a passion so I'm avoiding it until I run out of some essential like toilet paper.    bear_whistle

Trying to figure out how I can convince Shelli to make me a Potbelly Bear  bear_original

Trying to stick to my healthy eating plan...which I'm failing miserably to date.

Oh, and perhaps read some of my latest book...Mutant Message Down Under.

That's about it...

You?

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Shantell

Could you convince Shelli to make me a potbelly too??? bear_original

I've just sewn up 3 bears in a row all ready to take with me on my hols next week when I shall sit in the Algarve stuffing them about 4pm when the sun on the terrace is just the right temperature  bear_cool

I look forward to seeing your bear pics.

:hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

It's not quiet over here! bear_grin
Like insane people my husband and I said yes to dog sitting!!  His cousin needed to travel to upstate NY for a wedding and a last minute kennel reservation didn't work out, SOoooooo we've added one more to our Zoo for the weekend  bear_wacko   bear_wacko   bear_wacko
5 medium to larger sized dogs trampling about my living room, it sounds like a stampede of wild buffalo!  :crackup:
At least Dakota is a very well mannered and happy doggie.  She's the same age as my Meadow (1 year) and they are now best friends.  Here are some shots (don't mind the fur speckled carpeting...it's pointless to vacuum today with these 2 playing !! Maybe later tonight I will reclaim my living room??!!)

Meadow and Dakota posing pretty
meddakota4.jpg

Playing like doggies do....(reminds me of the polar bear shots!)
meddakota1.jpg

Doggie snuggles....

meddakota2.jpg

So, this is where I am today!
~Chrissi

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Hi there Shantell,
I was thinking the same thing...wow...very quiet...all forums are that way today...guess the world is keeping everyone too busy these days...I say..everyone needs to take a TT break from their day & chat with us...lol

I have been working on some needle felted projects, have dishes to wash(ewwww) and want to work on baskets today since I have a show in less than 2 months & need to get a bunch more baskets made.

I just finished reading a Tony Hillerman book The Sinister Pig..now I need a new one to read.

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas

Waving Hi to you Chrissi...you really are busy...lol great dog pics!!!

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas

Ohhh and Hi there Kate...you were posting when I was...lol...

Hugs &

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Charlotte!
Maybe the doggies will let me slip by and into my studio to stuff a bear arm or 2...my latest bear is "deflated" and patiently waiting for his fluffin'stuffin!!  Poor little bear dude! bear_grin
Thank God it's very nice weather today and we have a huge fenced back yard!  Time to burn off all that doggie energy!

I just took a peak at all of your baskets.....Amazing work, just lovely.  I will need to pass it along to my mom, she will fall in love!

Everyone have fun with their weekend projects and routines!!  bear_original

~Chrissi

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi girls.

Here it's almost 6:00 pm (oh, dear, so late?).
Malko is on the sofa cleaning the anniversary clock he bought today in an antique shop.
I am reading the new posts on the forums.
Today we went to a meeting of old cars. I was a bit disappointed as this was a bit too quiet and all cars were all parked in an area and we were not allowed to walk around each one. The weather was a bit sad and the place for the meeting uninteresting. What a pity!
So we did not stay a long time and went back home. On the way back home we stopped at an antique shop and we both found something to buy: Malko a clock and me a nice big willow cylindric box/basket with a matching cover: good quality one. Then we went to the commercial gallery to eat nems in a Chinese restaurant.

Once back home I cleaned that box/basket and switched on my computer.

Now I think I am going to remove all the things that are on my kitchen table to install m sewing machine to sew the swap bear for Duff. So I can bring him with me on hollidays to finish him.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Adkins, Texas

Hi Sophie, sounds like you had a nice day!!! Chrissi, thanks...hope your Mom likes my baskets too.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs &

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

It's very quiet here in the Potter household at the moment.  However, that is all about to change.  I am waiting the arrival of 8 children.  Well, 4 of them are big kids and the other 4 are ages 3 to 10.  My son, daughter, daughter-in-law and a friend have taken these 4 foster children (sidblings) to the park to go fishing and will then bring them here for dinner and to play with the animals.  I am letting the animals rest right now because I know they're going to need it.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kwatzu-and-gentle-ben.jpg

Well I couldn't find Kwatzu.....

Adkins, Texas

Waving "Hi" Nina & Dilu

Hugs &

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

My signifigant other is off enjoying his boys-night-out so it's quiet here except for the usual rumble of fish tank filters. I'm trying to decided whether I should give into the fact that it's the day before grocery day (and so the fridge and pantry are mostly barren) and order a pizza, or maybe I should try to pull together the few ingredients left into something food-like. So far I've found un-expired mozzerella cheese, flour and frozen ground beef. Also pasta and cheerios.

There is a very annoyed hummingbird outside the kitchen window reminding me that I haven't refilled the hummingbird feeder. Maybe I should take care of that before I figure out my own dinner.

-- Erika Fawcett
Fuzzbutt Bears

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hate to tell ya, but I got me a potbelly bear!!  bear_grin
Yep a real one, signed by the artist and everything!

Honestly though, its not all that spectacular, kinda okay, don't see what the hype is all about. I'd rather by a GUND.

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

7cdd6a2de9d1df78beed862d401daf231.jpgJust a little heads up for all that's interested in an original Potbelly Bear.
But first, I'm very proud to say that Potbelly Bears are my # 1 ALL TIME FAVORITE BEARS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE & WANT EACH & EVERYONE!! I actually have 8 in my family & will never ever have enough. I'm captivated by Shelli's creations & I will cut off my right arm for Faun, the little fairy bear with the bumble bee.

Sorry got a little side tracked- with Shelli's blessing I will be donating my Potbelly Bear- Roger, during the next Lemonade Bears Benefit. I know her work is in high demand so I'm reluctantly willing to let him go.  I would never part with him for any other reason then to raise money to help the sick children. So, if you really want an original one-of-a-kind Potbelly & want to support a great cause, please consider adding Roger to your family. He will be available at Bid 4 Bears during the Lemonade Bears Benefit, September 22 to 24.

Shel, hope you don't mind that I borrowed your picture. Just wanted to show him off & your picture is the best way to do it.

ps- Kristen please contact me if you want me to take him off your hands. I'll be more then happy to work something out with you- seriously.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Kirsten...I'll send you a Gund...send me the Potbelly Bear :)

Sandy...EIGHT...good for you...I love Shel's bear too...they just tug at me...each and everyone.   I'd be happy to actually manage to adopt one...but eight would be good too!!!   bear_wub

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.  I'm suppose to be outside watching the Perseids Meteor shower but I had to stretch my back and neck...and well...you know do the whole potty thing!!!

Hugs to you all!!!

Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh my...it's still so quiet even today, Sunday a.m. here in the Pacific Northwest.   I truly need to get a life...I'm back in the "kitten" mode...good grief...my children are in for real trouble when they have kittens...I mean children of their own.

I did manage to make TWO little birthing suites for Missy Skippy...the poor girl.  One in the flower bed where she originally moved the first litter...and one in the garage...all nicely covered and fluffy comforts of a nice little home.  Now...to have the darn things so I can slobber over them with lots of lovin'.

Other than that I'm not sure what I'll accomplish today...

Oh...and the meteor show was worth staying up and fending off the bats...I saw about 7 or 8 really bright ones in less than an hour.  It was nice to sit outside listen to the music of nature...and I playing some low piano music (Jim Brickman) and just observing the cosmos.  I may head out again tonight...

Board footer