Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Deb Upstate New York

Mornin' TT friends!  I know it's not even approaching winter yet, but I saw this and had to share, especially for my Canadian pals!  Enjoy!

Deb

50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians plant gardens.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C): Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

32 Fahrenheit (0 C): American water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C): New York City landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C): Mt. Saint Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C) Ethyl alcohol Freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460 Fahrenheit (-273 C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops. Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C): Hell freezes over. The Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Thanks for sharing that.  As a Canadian I can appreciate the humour  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Jane

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Oh so true. My husband (Canadian) joined the Marines many many many years ago along with a couple of buddies. During basic training they would happily go out in their t-shirts in the morning enjoying the brisk temps while the natives would be bundled up in hooded jackets! Some of their American buddies actually thought Canada sat on a glacier and you had to step up on it at the border!

Marion

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

bear_grin   bear_grin   bear_grin  bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh  :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Now that's cute and some of it is actually true LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

That's just what I was going to say Brenda - it is hilarious, and the funniest part is how some of it is almost true!!!
When we lived up in Yellowknife, NWT, when the temperature got up to -20 F towards spring we would all be walking around with our parkas unzipped, enjoying the heat wave!  bear_grin

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

All sounds true to me too......even for us in Northern NY State, we are more like Canadians!
pandamac

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hell freezes  !?  bear_laugh   :crackup:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer