Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Irene Irenours-bears
France

Oh no, i can't read anything on the tag bear_sad , BUT: i sent an email to Shulte today with the photo attached to the mail to ask for this mohair reference. I also tought that maybe Gaby can contact the lady she knows at Duisburgh. Maybe this lady will accept to go to the factory and send us the reference? Thank you for the wonderfull comments about my bears :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Irene,
Your bears are wonderful and I bet they were extra fun to make because of your whole experience in purchasing that mohair!

I feel like I've become a royal pain in the butt about that dark curly mohair!!! But I come back here and look at that photo a few times a day and wonder how I can get some!!! I've got visions in my head of what the bears will look like that I make with that yummy mohair!!!

THANK YOU for trying to find out what it is for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will patiently await their response!!!  bear_innocent

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Daphne, my first thought when I saw which mohair you liked was "it looks like 1" dense curly kid".  Look up MC16-208 and see what you think...

Cheers,
Kelly

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kelly,
I was thinking it was longer than that?????
Maybe not!!
Hard to get a perspective on pile length.
((Where is that scratching head smiley????))

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Dunno, it is kind of hard to tell from the photo.  I have some of the MC16 and it does like pretty much exactly like that in yardage.  What about asking Elke or someone else who is extremely familiar with the brand?

Cheers,
Kelly

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

That's my next plan of attack! bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

That's it ..I want to go...where is the nearest airport? I looked it up on the map and it appears to be near Berlin..is it easy to get to from the airport..does anyone know? I would love to organise a trip in the spring!!

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Irene.............. great photos!  bear_thumb  I'm living not far away from Duisburg and I hope to go to Schulte soon again! .. It's always very dangerous!!!! ........  :crackup:  When I go there, all my money has gone and my car is full with wonderful mohair   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Stellajella Wien

Irene & Daphne- I damit.... I did send Brigitte, the nice lady from Duisburg an email yestrday, but I didn´t want to tell you that in advance, because I don´t know if she has the time to go there some time soon.
Actually I doubt, that Intercal´s numbers are the same as the one´s at Schultes, but I´m sure we can find a solution.

Jenny the next airport to Duisburg is Dusseldorf and when you go there, please let me know, I´d love to meet you and the ladies. My friend lives 2 hours by car from, there and maybe I could visite him just then  bear_grin

Have a smashing sunday
Gaby bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Claudia, hehe...I can imagine that! bear_grin
When I was there I was completely over the moon...

Gaby bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Gaby, you are a gem!
Edinburgh is the company that carries the most Schulte here in the states... Elke Block is the owner and always willing to go out of her way to get what ever she can for us. She goes to the Schulte Factory quite often. She's so busy that I hate to bother her with this but you can bet that I will if nothing else works!!!

Stellajella Wien

Daphne, Edinburgh looks nice. Also Intercal has loads of nice mohairs, that you cannot get here, even though it´s from Europe.
I guess they have the advantage of bying masses of mohair.
One thing that you have to take in account is taxes and fees that you have to pay when ordering something from overseas.
Here in Austria this is so incredibly high, that I don´t want to buy anything overseas.
I once won an US ebay auction for a piece of ceramics, which was originally produced in Austria and I payde more for fees and taxes then for the item itself.  :twisted:
So, this won´t happen to me again.....
I´ll keep you posted

Gaby bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Don't have to pay taxes here in the US.... and shipping is generally pretty reasonable.

I'm not THAT obsessed about that yummy dark brown mohair!!!  bear_tongue Really I'm not! I just fell in love with it but life will go on with or with out it! It's not like I don't already have a closet full of equally yummy Schulte mohair!!!
bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Stellajella Wien

Daphne, YOU PAY NO TAXES WHEN YOU IMPORT GOODS????? COOL!
Well, I know hoy you feel about falling in love with mohair *giggle*
....one more thing: in my previous post I did not curse: I typed "damit" which is actually admit..... I admit   :redface:

Gaby bear_flower

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I agree what Gaby says about the choice. Yes they have many mohairs, but i think that Intercal have more mohairs to choose from and more brands. Claudia, i'm happy to meet you bear_original How lucky you are to be near the Factory, even if i'm sure that is dangerous for the purse. bear_grin

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg
Irene wrote:

I agree what Gaby says about the choice. Yes they have many mohairs, but i think that Intercal have more mohairs to choose from and more brands. Claudia, i'm happy to meet you bear_original How lucky you are to be near the Factory, even if i'm sure that is dangerous for the purse. bear_grin

Hello Irene! Nice to meet you too here!  bear_original  Oh yes, I'm very happy and I hope to go there before christmas  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Pages:

Board footer