Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

I am so sorry to hear about Loretta.
My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
Deborah

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

bear_sad How very sad! My condolences to a wonderful ladies family!

Hugs

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I am so sad to hear about Loretta.  My condolences to her family along with warm thoughts.  She was a delightful person and will be missed.

hugs,

Brenda

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_cry I met Winney when I first came online. She was like a mother figure, so helpful, kind, funny. She was such a genuine caring person. I shall miss her dreadfully bear_cry
My heart ,hugs ,love and condolences I send to her family. Loretta did not pass through this world unnoticed.
She has touched and left her mark on many.We will cherish those memories. bear_cry  bear_cry
Goodbye Winney :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'll miss her.

She had defiantly left her mark in this world.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Such sad news to return to.  Warmest and biggest heartfelt hugs and bushels of prayers to Winney's family.  She will be dearly missed.

Hugs and hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi all.

After some discussion we've hit upon the following, in terms of moving forward with expressions of sympathy regarding this huge loss.

1.  TEDDY TALK will be sending a sympathy note to Winney's husband, signed by the advisors and staff and on behalf of the forum community as a whole.

2.  You, individually, if you so desire, can write to any Advisor and request contact information for Larry, Winney's spouse.  We'll provide it to you and if you'd like to send cards or mementos of your own you are free and welcome to do so.  We ask that you please NOT post this contact information publically on the web, to keep safe Larry's email and home from bots and spammers.

I hope this allows everyone to express, in his or her own way, just how much Winney meant to us here.

Still feeling very sad about this entire thing, myself... bear_sad

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Shelli - I'd like to thank you and everyone who organise TT for their efforts in this regard. 

I'm grateful that Larry and his family will know the admiration and respect we had for Winney. She will be greatly missed and thought of often with affection.  I don't think she will be forgotten here - maybe that will be of some comfort to her family.

Thank You again.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I was just thinking this topic looks like a virtual memorial service. You know, were everybody gets up and says a few words. Amazing!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I was in hospital last Dec when Laura died so I totally missed that - just learned of it this AM. I was given the links to the Dec posts and found several from Loretta; what a kind, thoughtful person she was:

Oh I am so glad to read this information. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find out something about Laura.

Reason being..my heart tells me she must have been a wonderful person, I wanted to "know" her , to see a photo of her. to know why she died...so in my prayers for her and her family I have this sort of " picture" of a real person, not just a name,  a person who shares with us at least several things in common, bears and creativeness and  more.

And....I thought what if she was somewhat of an unknown bear maker.... like some of us...would we be remembered or known ? How would it be if I happen to die right now....will I be remembered in the bear world ? If I never came into the greater light as a bear artist where other artists and collectors would know me...well, then only a few people would know about me ...perhaps.

I am so happy that Nancy has posted something about Laura. I will go there now..hope you all understand what I am trying to say...we are all connected, in love with bears and much more .....Hugs, Winney

Laura's husband John was their original computerwizard/stockperson/fabric seller. He wrote some very nice notes to customers too. We didn't use email as much 7 or 8 years ago like we do now. I once ran a Messiest Workroom competition: Laura sent in pictures and it hardly qualified! At least all of her supplies were in cardboard boxes, though it's difficult to see what's inside.

2 beautiful women we're already missing....

Deb Upstate New York

Very sad news.  I couldn't believe it; never can ... ya know?

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I am still in shock over the passing of our dear Winney and send along my deepest sympathies to Larry and the family. She will be sorely missed
Sad hugs
Gail

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Larry,
My heart aches with you, my deepest condolences and prayers to you, your family and friends. God Bless, Sandy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
Acipenser wrote:

Can we have something like an obituary section here on TT? A place where to remember friends that have passed away? Perhaps in the member list or the vendor forum or a separate thing. I fear this won't be the last of us to go and since we can't visit each other's graves, it would be nice to have something.

Nice thought, It would be nice to be remembered for something we loved so much. Quy......Hope I spelled it correct .... can this be done ?

Jodi Falk

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Such sad news about Winney,
I am listening to a song by Moby called "why does my heart feel so bad"  I feel is a fitting tribute at  this time.
I enjoyed Winney's posts and she will be missed.

Hugs to Winney’s family
Kerren x

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Bobbie, thanks for reminding us of what a wonderful, thoughtful lady she was, and how much we've lost.  bear_cry

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

My thoughts and prayers for her family.  She will be missed.

Joan

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

My very deepest condolences to Winney's family -
She was such a wonderful person and talented lady
:hug:
Anne

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

I would like to add that though I'm fairly new to Teddy-Talk, I use the search feature lots, and Winney's posts always come up with an extra bit of advice and fun encouragement when I'm trying new techniques or products, etc.  She is such a helpful person---and I say is because even though she may not be here on this plane of existence any more, she IS here on Teddy-Talk.

I am saddened to hear of her passing.  My deepest condolences to Larry and the family, and I hope she has one of those magic ladder-stitching needles to help her when she's making teddies up in Heaven.

Very Best,

Amelia

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

While I didn't know winney, personally or in real life, she was always quick with an upbeat comment. bear_flower
She will be missed. But I know that she is rolling in Mohair in Heaven. bear_innocent

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

What terribly sad news.  bear_sad  I so enjoyed her presence here on TT and will truly miss her.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I'm sorry for the late post. I just read about our very own Winnie.  bear_cry

...she called me plushkin.....just like my Mom calls me... bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
Tears are in my eyes..and it's still hard to believe.
I hope she is in the bear heaven already.
Winnie, thank you for being here to help, sympathy, advice.  bear_wub
I will remember you.  :pray:

My deepest condolences to Larry and the family. You are in my prayers.  :pray:

Julia

Board footer