Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

What wonderful pictures.
Thanks to everyone for sharing.
And keep on sharing your stories.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, I'm late on this thread. What a fun read! Thanks for sharing all the stories. I will never get the image of a big wad of fluff up a nose!  :crackup:  :crackup:

I never did get attached to a bear, but I did fall in love with the most ugly, weird shaped dog. He was a gift for my sister, but 2 days after she opened it, I stole it. I must've been a cute 3 yr old because mu parents allowed me to keep it. I'd love to find a picture now.......although I still have the dog....toto was his name. Must've loved Wizard of Oz as well lol

Keep the stories coming,

mam54 Posts: 8

I loved stuffed animals of all kinds-still do. I had dolls and stuffed animals, the animals were my favorite but my best friend liked to play dolls so I only played with them because of her. I remember a BIG stuffed tiger my Daddy got for me-I used to lay on it and watch Bewitched. I had a special teddy bear that was dark pink and yellow and I named him Sooty. I remember when I was in my 30's, my Mom & Dad and my now ex and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking and my Dad mentioned that pink and yellow bear. He laughed and got tears in his eyes when I said - That was Sooty!
  When I was a teenager I met a little girl that didn't have many  toys, didn't live in very good circumstances. I loaded up all of my dolls and stuffed animals (even Sooty) and gave them to her. I'll never forget the look on that little girls face. I knew Sooty would understand why I gave him away.
  I have lots and lots of bears. Ones that I have made, Boyd's, Annette Funicello,crossed stitched pictures of bears, afghans and pillows with bears on them,bear figurines,etc,etc. friends and family are never at a loss for what to get me! And I recently added a few scented wax dipped bears-my house smells great!
  I will be an old lady that carries around teddy bears in her walker!
                     Let's keep the stories coming!
                                       Marcia M.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

My childhood teddy bear was made by my grandmother for my first Christmas, when I was one month old. Still have it; it's on my bed right now. I also have the Raggedy Ann and Andy my aunt made for me at the same time. However, my beloved pink blanket was washed to shreds the time everyone in my elementary school class -- including me -- had lice. Ugh! Yuck! Blech!

Although Jack has many teddies, I basically trained him to a blanket from the time he was a newborn. I received several blankets decorated with teddies as shower gifts, so that's what I gave him. We've probably gone through six or eight of them over the past nine years. In fact, the second-to-last one disappeared this summer, so all that's left is the blanket in high security storage at MomMom's house. Several years ago it seemed like we were in danger of running out of them, so I made an appeal to a mom's group that resulted in two spares. I can't figure out what he does with them!

My god-daughter is a blankie gal, too. She's almost 10. Her blanket started out big enough for a twin bed and has been loved down to a 10 x 3-inch strip that she keeps in a mesh bag.

Fun topic!
Mindy

kinsey_dolls2.jpg

Board footer