Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

VermontHarvest Vermont Harvest Primitives
Vermont

IM000006-Desktop-Resolution-185x270.JPGHello everyone. 

Meet "Wallingford".  Named after a nearby town here in Vermont.  Wallingford is made from Schulte matted 1" sparse mohair with ultrasuede pawpads.   I have aged Wallingford to give him an old worn appearance.  He is stuffed with excelsior and wool with a tiny pouch of sand in his tummy for weight.  He has old shoe button eyes and a hand embroidered, waxed nose and mouth.  Wallingford is wearing a handmade party hat and collar made from wool in a nice deep orange.  He is holding a tiny handmade pinwheel made from crepe paper and covered with glass glitter.

Wallingford is sitting on a paper-mache box that I have covered with a lovely brown, tan and orange striped reproduction civil war fabric.   Around the top of the box i have placed some vintage tinsel.  The entire piece measures 11".

What do you all think?  I just started making bears again.  He is the first one.  I have not made them in 4 years.

doreen

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Doreen

What a wonderful little bear he is.
You did a great job - I really like him.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

He's so cute! The colours go really well together.

I've been having a look at your website......I LOVE those pumpkins!!!  bear_wub

Vermont

Hello tina and Gemma.  Thank you both for the compliments.  Your both are very talented.  Tina, your bears in the photo right here..the three....i just love them.  Gemma, your "about me" page is great...so sweet and my favorite bears were blizzard and molly....loved them.  You just started bear making in January.....and you already are so busy....gosh...that is admirable.  I just love this site...such a great way to get to know so many great, talented people.  I have noticed that many people have small photos in the bottom corner of there profile's......how do you get a photo there?????  I didn't see anywhere to do that...

Take care and thanks again

doreen

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Hi Doreen - thank you for your wondeful comments!

The pictures automatically appear when you list a bear on Bears & Friends (which is where you put info on your bears for sale). It's at the bottom of the main page.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He looks a real little cutie Doreen bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

Vermont

Laurie.  Thank you for the lovely compliments.   I love horace.  He is great. 

Gemma.  Thank you for the information.  I will have to put one up there asap.

Take care
Doreen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, that's really fantastic.  I want a BIGGER picture next time!  Truly darling.

Vermont

shelly.  Hello..thank you very much.  Your bears are fantastic as well.  Love the faces.

Take care.

Doreen

Board footer