Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh Judi, how wonderful to hear that you little dog is going to be okay! What a time you have had lately - sure hope things are looking up from here!

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Judi dear friend -

always hugs and love  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I am so glad to hear Mandi is going be ok.

kassie

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

Great to hear your pup is going to be okay. Best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery!

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Judi
That is the BEST news in the whole world- I am just so happy that it worked out with this happy ending
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Judi: I just read about your beloved dog and I was so sad for you. .I read "lifeless".....As I was reading I said a little prayer for Mandi and another to St. Francis of Assisi who is the patron saint for all animals.... What a joy it was to read towards the end of all these posts to read  Mandi survived....though you had a horrid week, the blessing is that Mandi survived. So Judi, as long as you have your health, family and Mandi (oh, yes....your teddy bear friends)....all the other things can be fixed....

Many bear hugs to you....

Michelle

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So glad to read that your little dog is going to be fine.
Sorry to hear of all the bad things that went on in one day.
I sure hope that things will get better for your family.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Oh Judi....Mandi looks very much like my own little dog Harold, I felt so upset and had a good cry when I first read about this dreadful accident infact I couldn't stop thinking about it all night and was afraid to come onto TT's today fearing the very worst....I know how devasting it is to lose a pet, and the thought of you, your little daughter & son losing this sweet pup was heartbreaking...but thank God, she's going to pull through, I was so relieved and I can only imagine how you are all feeling now...may she have a full & swift recovery.....
my very best wishes to you all,
Denise
ps..so glad you got everything sorted with your auction.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh thank goodness, I'm so relieved to read that Mandi is going to be ok. I too was in tears when I read about the poor little sweetheart.  bear_cry   Now I feel so relieved for you and your family Judi. Do spoil her rotten as she deserves all the love and attention you can give her. Phew! What a relief.I hope she soon recovers and comes home with you all again.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:hug: Oh JUdi Judi Judi!!!!! :dance:  :dance:  bear_cry  :hug:
What a relief!!!! I am sooo so happy for her and for all your family. I'm actually crying again I'm so fealeaved. Silly me. :redface:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  :hug: Judi, I'm so happy for you and your family and little Mandi.  :hug:  :dance:

She is going to be

Soooooooooooo Spoiled!!

when she comes home, and who cares? She should be :cake: Oops, did I say cake? :redface:

JRR Tolkein said that dogs are our clearest proof of the existence of God. It was in a letter or a journal, and I'd love to find it again.

There are a number of creation myths about our banishment from paradise and our separation from animals is always a punishment. In several of these myths, the dog is the only animal that manages to stay with man. It hides, or leaps a chasm, to stay and give him comfort.

(Claire, that was me, by way of Will Rogers!)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Michelle Helen wrote:

.As I was reading I said a little prayer for Mandi and another to St. Francis of Assisi who is the patron saint for all animals.... What a joy it was to read towards the end of all these posts to read  Mandi survived....though you had a horrid week, the blessing is that Mandi survived. So Judi, as long as you have your health, family and Mandi (oh, yes....your teddy bear friends)....all the other things can be fixed....

Many bear hugs to you....

Michelle

I am truely touched by all your warm comments.  Several of you have mentioned St. Francis the Patron Saint for animals.  I am almost ashamed to admit that I have not heard of this Saint.  YAY!  I am so glad there is one though and that he has anwsered our prayers. bear_cry  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

THANK YOU> :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Ellen Borggreve wrote:

. My oldest dog would have turned 16 today if he had not died a few weeks ago. He too needed surgery once on a broken leg and got metal plates in his leg as well (when he was just a puppy). It turned out fine and you would never have known seeing him race through the garden. I will think about you and your dog and pray that she will fully recover.

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:
Ellen

Ellen, I am sorry for the loss of your dog but am glad to hear that after surgery he was fine.  I am wondering if our Mandi will return to her spunky self after having her elbow fixed.  She'll have surgery this morning. bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
millie wrote:

I have heard people make silly comments about praying for animals.  I have heard that "God doesn't care about your dog".  I absolutely do not believe that nonsense.  God does care.  The bible says that He sees every sparrow that falls.  I know He answers prayers for these little ones. .

I believe this now, Millie.  I have to admitt that I did not think God cared about animals until now.

What would we do without our animals?  Look at how many lives they touch.  There are stories of animals waking up family members during house fires and saving drowning children.   There is a deep purpose for animals in our lives farther than companionship and sources of true comfort. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
  They are such a blessing.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
toadbriar wrote:

Judi, it sure seems like you're getting a bunch of horrid luck out of the way in one big chunk -
maybe the universe is doing it to you in one big RIP-  like getting your legs waxed! -

Kim!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   Thanks for the laugh.  I'm always ready for laugh. :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, judi, I am so pleased to hear your Mandi is in good hands!

I am sure the surgeons will make a great work and that your Mandi will recover quickly!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
Judi wrote:

I am truely touched by all your warm comments.  Several of you have mentioned St. Francis the Patron Saint for animals.  I am almost ashamed to admit that I have not heard of this Saint.  YAY!  I am so glad there is one though and that he has anwsered our prayers. bear_cry  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

THANK YOU> :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All during my dog Shelby's illness I said prayers to St Francis for her.  When she was first diagnosed all vets said 2-3 weeks...she was happy and with us for 15 months!  Now we did a lot for her care, but those extra prayers didn't hurt!!  We have St Francis statues in the back yard (most say it's why every injured animal or animal in need finds our yard...they know we'll take care of them!! bear_grin )

You can even buy St Francis dog/cat tags for your pets collar.  They're usually little silver medals that simply say "protect our pet".
"Brother sun Sister Moon" is a movie about St Francis, made in the 1970s.  With all of our animals and me always loosing something...I have St Francis and St Anthony on speed dial  :crackup:

:hug:
~Chrissi

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

I am so happy for you Judi! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Give your little pup a big squeeze for me!
Aerianna

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

That is wonderful news that your pup will be OK!  What a horrible scare for all of you, but it seems she was very, very lucky and she sure had a lot of people pulling for her!

:hug:
Kelly

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Judi wrote:What would we do without our animals?  Look at how many lives they touch.  There are stories of animals waking up family members during house fires and saving drowning children.   There is a deep purpose for animals in our lives farther than companionship and sources of true comfort.     
  They are such a blessing.

When I did direct patient care, I would sometimes send my patients to the Humane society or their local pound to adopt a pet. It did wonders for their depression and found it reduced hospitalizations. I read studies that show having pets reduce high blood pressure, decrease depression, increase activity in the elderly.....Yes Judi, you are so right on how much animals impact our lives....

Michelle

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I had to share this story that Nancy Sholty sent me a while ago--

NOT ALL HEROES ARE PEOPLE ~ ~ ~

James Crane worked on the 101st floor of Tower 1 of the World Trade Center . He is blind so he has a golden retriever named Daisy. After the plane hit 20 stories below, James knew that he was doomed, so he let Daisy go, out of an act of love. She darted away into the darkened hallway. Choking on the fumes of the jet fuel and the smoke James was just waiting to die. About 30 minutes later, Daisy comes back along with James' boss, who Daisy just happened to pick up on floor 112.

On her first run of the building, she leads James, James' boss, and about 300 more people out of the doomed building. But she wasn't through yet, she knew there were others who were trapped. So, highly against James' wishes she ran back in the building.

On her second run, she saved 392 lives. Again she went back in. During this run, the building collapses. James hears about this and falls on his knees into tears. Against all known odds, Daisy makes it out alive, but this time she is carried by a firefighter. "She led us right to the people before she got injured" the fireman explained.

Her final run saved another 273 lives. She suffered acute smoke inhalation, severe burns on all four paws, and a broken leg, but she saved 967 lives. Daisy is the first civilian Canine to win the Medal of Honor of New York City.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Did she make it?  I had never heard this before.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Yes, she did! Here's her picture, which didn't show up earlier
daisy.jpg

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Eileen,
     I hadn't heard about Daisy before - all I can say is WOW!  I pitty people who don't enjoy animals.  Their lives are so incomplete and they don't even realize it.

hugs,

Brenda

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

What an incredible story Eileen - I hadn't heard about Daisy before! That is just so moving and inspiring - too bad people couldn't be more like dogs!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I know, I know!

Believe it or not, there are people who don't understand why we're all so upset over Judi's little Mandi, much less why we're so ecstatic to hear  that she's going to be alright. Our beasties' lives are so short as it is, and they give us so much.

I feel privileged to live in a multi-species family. For me it's a real sanity-saver. The animals help me put all sorts of things into perspective, to stop worrying about things I can't do much about--with them around, it's all "look at that dawn light, sniff that air, check out that squirrel . . . let's go and romp in the park!"

They really make us slow down and smell the roses--not that they don't prefer a urine-soaked twig to a rose, but you know what I mean!

Here's my favorite not-exactly-Shakespeare dotty-old-lady poem--

WHEN I AM OLD

When I am old...
I will wear soft gray sweatshirts...
and a bandana over my silver hair...
and I will spend my social security checks on wine and my dogs.
I will sit in my house on my well-worn chair
and listen to my dogs breathing.
I will sneak out in the middle of a warm summer night
and take my dogs for a run, if my old bones will allow...
When people come to call, I will smile and nod
as I show them my dogs...
and talk of them and about them...
...the ones so beloved of the past
and the ones so beloved of today...
I will still work hard cleaning after them,
mopping and feeding them and whispering their names
in a soft loving way.
I will wear the gleaming sweat on my throat,
like a jewel, and I will be an embarrassment to all...
especially my family...
who have not yet found the peace in being free
to have dogs as your best friends...
These friends who always wait, at any hour, for your footfall...
and eagerly jump to their feet out of a sound sleep,
to greet you as if you are a God,
with warm eyes full of adoring love and hope
that you will always stay,
I'll hug their big strong necks...
I'll kiss their dear sweet heads...
and whisper in their very special company....
I look in the mirror... and see I am getting old....
this is the kind of person I am...
and have always been.
Loving dogs is easy, they are part of me.
Please accept me for who I am.
My dogs appreciate my presence in their lives...
they love my presence in their lives...
When I am old this will be important to me...
you will understand when you are old,
if you have dogs to love too.

-- author unknown

Board footer