Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would post  a needle felted bear...His name is Emerson. I made him in 2004 and he is an award winner. I have been teaching needle felting in various places since 2003. In 2007, I have been invited to teach at a Weaver's conference here in Alberta (Red Deer College). I love to teach and I enjoy watching everyone learn something new. Hope you enjoy my first picture post. I will post more pictures soon.
Hugs, Nancy

Emerson-2004_-_72dpi.jpg

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Emerson is great! I love his little felted toes! Nice sharp photo too!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

HES A REAL HANDSOME CHAP  bear_thumb  bear_wub

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Hi Nancy,
Emerson is adorable! How tall is he? The picture is very clear & can't wait to see more of your felties pictures here:)

Hugs &

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Nancy, he is just adorable.  I have started needlefelting on mohair bears but just can't work out how to start a complete needlefelted critter.  Heading off on holidays soon so will take my kit with me and be determined to work it out....

Hi Gals:

Thank-you for all of your compliments...I think I got lucky with my Macro setting...I had just bought the camera then Tami. The bear is 10 inches tall Charlotte. If you have a copy of TB&F Feb.2004...I was in that issue with other needle felters...mine is the little clown bear with the real looking brown bear...I 'll try to post it this week.
I have done many more since...and I am working on some new concepts...at the end of the month I will be teaching needle felting in conjunction with quilting. It will be a little wall quilt with a bear or series of bears in each square...I'll post when I have it completed at the end of the week. This might give people who struggle with the 3D element another way of making a bear!

When you return from holidays Denise, I can walk you through my way of making a bear if you are still struggling....You will get it...and once you do one, everyone after that will get better and more fun. Have a great holiday!

Hugs, Nancy bear_original

Thanks so much Nancy,  I am determined to have a go at this needlefelting, I have seen such gorgous little critters made and in all sorts of colours.  I will certainly appreciate your help when we get back home...

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Nancy,
   Emerson is adorable !!!!!!  :photo:
   I love his felted toes !  bear_wub     

hugs/
Marie

Thank-you so much Marie and Renae. I am sorry I didn't reply sooner...my computer crashed on Wednesday...luckily, my son was able to get everything off the hard drive...I should be good for a long time now...what a pain!

I will post more pictures in a few days. Thank-you again.

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fabulous Nancy  :clap:

Hi Karen:

Thank-you so much...Love Teric...adorable face.

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

needlefelted-bear-2.jpgI think I am starting to get the hang of needlefelting.

This is a little Panda I have just finished.

Hi Denise:

You are definitely getting the hang of it!! How wonderful! Your little bear is just adorable. You should be very proud!

Hugs, Nancy

Thanks Nancy,  he was a bit fuzzy so trimmed him a bit.  Fuzzy doesn't show with the naked eye but in the first pics he was very furry....

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Nancy Emerson is a lovely felted bear...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Emerson is great bear_thumb Love that wee Panda as well bear_thumb
You have all been busy while I was away aye? bear_grin

Thank-you Patsy and Matilda...His picture was in our newspaper last week. He really is one my all-time favourites.

Hugs, Nancy

Board footer