Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Had a bad day?  Go on, you can share this thread and have a good 'ol grumble!

I'll start us off:

I was hoping against hope that two Intercal boxes would arrive today.  The postie tried to deliver last Wednesday, put a 'called while you were out' card through the letterbox and despite many attempts on the phone to so-called 'customer services', plus a visit in person to the sorting office on Saturday, they still haven't been redelivered.  Needless to say, the boxes contain my fabric for pre-ordered bears for my show at the end of the month, so crisis is looming large.  Postie has just knocked on my door to deliver me a nice pair of new boots for the winter, but he still didn't have my parcels from Intercal.  So I'm nearly at my wit's end.  To cap this grumble off, I have a horrid head cold too and am coughing and snuffling my way through the week.   bear_angry

Anyone else care to jon my grump thread?  bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

No bad day here but my thoughts all for you, Paula.

fingers crossed you'll get your parcels soon.

Here when we are not htere to open the door for the postie, we have to wait the day after to get the parcel in the nearest post office.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Oh Paula........how annoying and frustrating for you.....I'm not going to grump..cos I think you need cheering up!!!

Now I'm sure those parcel will arrive soon ....and in the meantime you pamper yourself with some some nice

warm drinks.....and the odd hot toddy!!!!  Take care of you!!!

Remember..."The only way is up!"   bear_thumb

Hugs,

Yvonne  bear_flower

VermontHarvest Vermont Harvest Primitives
Vermont

Hello Paula.  Sorry to hear about your fabric dilema.  It really is tough when you are trying to finish up for a show and you are slowed for one reason or another.  Best of luck....hoping your package arrives today.  :)

Take care
Doreen

Kent
Website

Aw, thanks guys!  I wasn't looking for sympathy, just empathetic grumpy people!!  bear_grin   You've all cheered me up though ... now, if my boxes arrive tomorrow, this week can only get better!  bear_thumb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

sorry Paula love................for a change i am NOT having a bad day but yesterday was a bit crap.......

my grandson started nursery yesterday and he cried when his mum left him there - i could'nt sleep last night becasue i was fretting over him. I wish we lived nearer so i could look after him.
sob     sniff     choke   bear_cry

PenPen

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww bless him Pen!!  He'll be fine I'm sure!  bear_wub

Paula I really hope your parcels turn up, how frustrating, I hate it when I miss the posty (which is every day as I'm at work!) I'm on first name terms with my sorting office I'm in there so much!!   bear_laugh    I'm sure they'll turn up - good luck!!   :hug:

Me, having a bad day??   EVERY day's a bad day for me in every aspect apart from my crafts and bears, but I won't bore you, Quy would kill me for blocking up the forum!!   bear_whistle

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Paula,  how frustrating  bear_angry  bear_angry   And a cold to boot  bear_cry

I feel for ya!!  Now my grumpiness:  I haven't grumped about this because I feel so sorry for my husband and I feel guilty about complaining . . . but since you have provided a forum . . . my husband's back when out (completely) last Tuesday.  Up until yesterday, he was flat on has back in bed. (that's 6 days)   Not that I minded taking care of him when he is down, he has done the same for me . . .but  . . .he gave me a walkie/talkie and beeped me about every ten minutes.  for 6 days  (I'm downstairs on the other side of the house) "could you come here. . .could you hand me my newspaper . . . could you put more ice in my water . . . could you grill my peanut butter jelly sandwich . . . would you bring me the mail . . .I  think I hear the dog barking . . .  you can take my lunch tray now  . . . I can't reach the tv remote . . .and every time I was about to leave the room . . . oh, one more thing."  Get it?  I was about to hit him over the head with his urinal by weeks end.   Whew, now he is able to get up and walk around.  I'm so happy.  He should be out playing golf.

OK, now I feel a little better and I don't have to ever say another word about it.  He'll never know.

Thank you Paula   :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Paula,

I'm sorry your sniffing a coughing your way through the day. It sounds like you have a deadline, so I am sorry about this too.

we know the feeling of waiting for and Intercal box, or Sassy's or any of the other supplier that are so valuable....

I try to think of it like I do Christmas....

Coming soon to a post box near you......

Hope you get it today and feel a whole lot better....Dont you love the way Intercal packages everything.....you slowly open the mohair and out pop the eyes or threads.....

gollyhugs

feel better

dilu

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Paula, It will get better and you will have a great show at Alley Palley!

The two weeks before my shows this summer were almost the same. I had ordered some fur and forgotten to order the ultrasuede color I needed to finish a bear I had in the works so I ordered it the next day. The fur package had come weeks in advance of the other and I had to call Edinburgh. They were surprised it hadn't arrived yet, but offered no other solution than to keep waiting! (it did come in the nick of time) My two boys got sick with high fever and sore throats, and I ended up with a severe headache that lasted 5 days ( I was finally diagnosed with having migrains).

Patty it's so good your husband is feeling better and also good you had a chance to vent a little. I laughed out loud when you said you felt like hitting him over the head with his urinal--hope it made Paula smile a little too!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I had a bad morning this morning and it's only 8.30 am.
My daughter rang to say that she had a miscarrage  bear_sad
I am waiting to here back to say when she has to go for her scan  bear_sad
I am so glad this thread is here, cos it's nice to be able to share your troubles, but I wouldn't have posted otherwise.
Thanks Paula

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh my , so sorry about all the bad days, and so sorry to hear about the baby.You know what the bad days are for? Well it is to make the good days so much better. My day was crazy at work , always to much to do and not enough people to help. Makes me so tired, but I thank GOD I have a job , there are those who don't. Every one... take a deep breath , brighter days are ahead !!

Bear Hugs and GOD'S Blessings I send your way.

animated1161.gif

beary_clairey Luton

Well I'm going to have a moan!!!

Its nearly 1 o'clock in the morning and I'm still at work when I wish I was at home in bed!!!!

If I go out and my car doesn't start I am going to cry !!!!

Anyway Paula - kill the postman!!!

Pen pen - sit and meditate good vibes to your grandson. once he's made a friend there he will be on his way !!!

Big Hugs

Claire

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

KILL THE POSTMAN !!! OH I sure hope it doesn't come to that !!!!

Kathleen Pa

Perhaps the postman doesn't know............. IT'S NOT NICE TO FOOL WITH ONE'S MOHAIR ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

Kathleen

Kent
Website

One thing's for sure, the postman won't be getting my super dazzly smiley face this morning, unless he has my boxes with him!!

Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter xx  :hug:

Patty, always glad to help with a little venting space!!  bear_tongue

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Seems like a bad year for us.... 2 young deaths in the close family, big troubles at hubby's work... I'm always distracted and can't get my work done...

But we DO take time to enjoy the now and have fun... the loss of our 21 year young niece and 38 year old cousin (like a brother) certainly taught us to be sure to do that.... but right now I'm going NUTS trying to get ready for the Schaumburg show in less than 3 weeks... and take care of the house and ALL the other things hubby wants me to do.  (so WHY am I on the computer?????  bear_whistle )

Paula I can really understand why you are grumbly about the postal service there!  There is really no excuse for such so called "service"!  Especially when you are on a deadline!  It gets aggrevating when people are so lax with their jobs... when you work so hard at providing great customer service with what you do!

Ellen I am SO sorry little Caya needed emergency surgery, but so glad she is doing well!  I'm a basket case when it comes to my "pups".

Aww Pen Pen, I understand!  I still vividly remember my daughter's first day of kindergarten... and she's a freshman in college now! 

Oh My Gosh PAULA!!!  You are a SAINT woman!  If I were you I'd be in prison for murder after that short time!!!  I know what you mean about being able to vent about it and feeling better....

Oh Chris I am SO sorry for you and your daughter  bear_cry   That is just awful... please let her know that cyber hugs are on the way...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I don't have a whole lot to grumble about for a change except that I too am waiting for a package from Edinburgh that seems to be taking it's sweet time and I needed it last weekend!!!!! I have 5 little bears here w/o their bodies attached cause I don't have any washers. Yeah, I could go to the hardware store... but I've ordered them and they should be here by now! So I can't finish these guys yet and I've got a bigger bear inthe works but I don't have the right sized discs for his neck so he's siting here holding his head in his lap. Those discs are in that box with the washers. Why on earth do I wait until the last minute! I'll be so happy when I'm on the plane to Schaumburg knowing there's not one single thing I can do about any bears undone!

To top that off my mother had knee surgery yesterday which meant a day of bear making lost. Don't get me wrong, love my mom and after all the attention Dad has been getting this year it was certainly mom's turn for pampering! BUT........... it just meant when I got home at 10:00pm last night I spent the next 3 1/2 hours sewing only to get up again 5 hours later to make hubs lunch for work. Why can't a 40-something year old man make his own dang lunch I ask you???

Gee... get me started and I'll find lots to complain about!

On a happy note (La) my dogs are being so good and sweet today... not pestering me every 20 minutes while I'm in my studio like they usually do. Thank God for small graces!!!!

Stellajella Wien

Paula, I´m sorry for your sniffing, but I´m even more sorry about your 3rd world postal service, which I had the doubtful honour to experience myself  :twisted:
PenPen,maybe you could exchange the blonde in your game against a postman!!! ( Guess I gotta post that somewhere else bear_happy )

I wish you feel better soon!

Gaby bear_flower

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

We had an incident with the post that ended happily today. An artist in Canada sent me photos by courier last week, but her post office, which contracts overnight delivery to this service, didn't tell her they wouldn't deliver to my PO box. The photos have been lost for almost a week. Someone finally relented and called her today to say that they were in Lancaster and they'd bring them over. Why they didn't call earlier is a mystery, but I've got the pictures!

I discovered yesterday that my machine only taped MY HALF of the phone interview I did last week. All the questions are loud and clear, but the answers are blank tape...

And my son has been ill for a week -- waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning. He's fine today, but my husband and I have decided we're much too old to get up in the night!

But considering all the terrible things going on in the world these days, my small troubles are very managable. Except that I'd better go get dinner in the oven or I'll have big trouble when my husband gets home! :)

Warm wishes, comfort, and happy thoughts to all.
Mindy

Board footer