Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I may have missed a post somewhere (no pun intended) but did your fabric package ever arrive?

How are the dolls coming on?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Sandra,

Well, the doll body fabric and pattern arrived, but unfortunately my mohair order is still AWOL!!  What a nightmare.  That aside, I have purchased some excellent doll making books, so at the moment, am busy reading about dolls, rather than making them.  I am in awe after looking at my new books; authors Susan Oroyan, Brenda Brightmore and Patty Medaris Culea have my head working overtime.  Their work is fabulous and the books are so very informative!  I can highly recommend them.  There is so much to learn ... so many techniques!  I'm on system overload!

Once my show is out of the way at the end of the month, I'm hoping to squeeze a little time to make my niece a lovely Janet Clark rag dolly ... I can't wait!

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Paula!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE the Susanah Oryan books - I have all of them... and sob with despair every time I look at them and see how much I have to learn!!! bear_grin

Once again we seem to be on a spookiliy similar track, as I have been playing around with cloth dolls (the painted kind) and last weekend I started on a head sculpt - something I haven't done for ages. 
Anyway, here's to ya - let's have a show and tell next time we meet up at a fair  bear_original  bear_thumb
Hugs,
Chris

Board footer