Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I have been experimenting with making shrinky dinks tags for my bears, what a great product. :dance:

I have had my own rubber stamp made and been using the staz on ink to stamp with.   The end results are quite pleasing.  I will be using these tags on my needlefelted items.

Does anyone else use this product?  or do you have a different technique that you use? bear_original

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I LOVE shrinky dinks....what a cool childhood item.  I bought some a while back to use for tags and still may for some items, but went another direction for my bear tags in the end.  But they are such fun to use!!

You can buy shrinky dink "papers" in different colors now too...AND they sell a printer friendly "paper" too (you could shrinky dink actual photos of your bears if you wanted too (how cool!).  I found it all at the Shrinky Dink web site. 

:hug:
~Chrissi

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Yes, we use them!  We got the idea from someone else here on TT, think it may have been Laura?  We use a hole punch-type cutter (found in the scrapbooking aisle of a local craft store in various cute shapes).  Just hole punch a little hole at the top too before baking it so you can thread through them to tie on the bear, and then we write our business name, initials and copyright year on them.   Takes about 15 seconds to bake a batch in the toaster oven.  We've gotten 100% positive feedback on these shrinky dink tags from collectors, turns out that not everyone likes the fabric tags that stick out of a seam, particularly if the bear is a smaller size.  I use thin jewelry wire to attach the finished tag to the back of the bear (or back of one rear leg on an all-fours bear), it is thin enough that it can even be knotted. 

Best wishes,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I used to use them but switched to fabric because I can get the fabric ones premade and I had to do actual WORK to make each Shrinky Dink tag.  Yes, that's laziness.

I liked them a lot!

I'd love to see some of your Shrinky Dink tags, folks, if you can snap a pic.  They're great for this use!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

dinks6.JPGshrinky2.JPGHere are my first few attempts.

Perhaps I need to add something else to the middle, what do you think?

Did you all ever do anything on the reverse side?

Board footer