Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

you spend a lot of money for other things than bear making and related...?

Me YESSSSS  :redface: .

And yesterday and today I spent a lot of money in clothes for myself. And I sadly thought of all teddy bear making materials I would have spent with that money...

But well, I needed correct clothes for my coming teaching position...!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Sophie . . . . don't feel guilty about buying stuff for yourself that you NEED!!!  My problem is buying stuff for myself that I really DON'T need - and I'm a big internet shopper, so it's very easy when you don't have to get out of the house and fight the mall crowds.  You're beginning a new job - how exciting! - and you have to have clothes for it.  Just think of all the bear materials you're going to be able to buy when you start bringing home MONEY!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Enjoy it Sophie! 

I don't have guilt about spending money on myself, but I do have guilt justifying any time out shopping when I should be working!   bear_sad

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aren't you starting a new job?  Hmmmm?  Did you think to go to the new job drapped in yards of mohair?  I didn't think so.....so whatever choice did you have?  The change in circumstances requires a change in spending policy.

Once they get used to you then you can wear the mohair sweater and pants and hat and let them wonder who you really are!

I only feel guilty on spending when I forget to mention something to my hubby and the account is less than he thought it should be.

I finally learned that anything under $50 and he doesn't think twice about it.  So i do less, but do it more often....hey its working!

You are going to be beautiful in your new clothing at your new job.  But don't forget, take pictures and bussiness cards....there's a whole school of people there with pay checks and they may need to buy bears....

best wishes always

dilu

Stellajella Wien

Dilu  :clap:  you´re so right!
Sophie, I never feel guiltywhen going shopping- only when I look at my bank statement  :redface:
But honestly: enjoy it,don´t feel guilty and hav a smashing time!

Gaby bear_flower

Kathleen Pa

You've waited a long time for this job.  You deserve a little shopping spree for some new clothes! Don't you dare feel even the least little bit guilty.  This is a time to celebrate a new start in your life! bear_original   Would you feel better if I went on a shopping spree?  I  could force myself to do that for you!  lol

Kathleen

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE  :dance:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

tehe, i feel guilty when i spend too much on bear making supplies lol  its the clothes that i never buy lol

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks girls....

I may feel that guilty too because I trend to be attracted by clothes a little bit expensive!!! Ah, well, I guess that's because they're more elegant!

But did I really need to buy some Kickers' shoes, he?  bear_ermm  Right, I never had Kicker shoes before (unless maybe when a baby) so getting very excited to have some now. And well, my feet trend to suffer in many pairs of shoes, and I supposed that could never happen in Kickers' as they are so comfortable!  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle
bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well, now I need to know what Kicker shoes are.  Here that would conotate shoes you can kick butt in,  :crackup:  :crackup:

but in France I'm not so sure.

And if there are any complaints about your new wardrobe remember, darling, you live in FRANCE.  You can't help it.  The home of Coco Chanel.....the home of haut couture- you have to be dressed in something right proper.

Were it me, I would be buying real silk panties, and seconds from the shops, and all sorts of fancy things.

although I would still go to Italy for my shoes.  My last pair of itallian shoes finally wore out, after 30 years.  I loved Italy for shoes!, they were wide when no one in America wore anything wider than an A. And they mangled their feet getting into those silly things! Fortunetly they now make things wider over here for the feet.

Come to think of it, with everything supersized, they must be making things wider for the hips and other areas that are wider....

Of course I don't work now and have no need for fine Itallian shoes.  I live in wool socks and hicking boots  and all the fancy stuff is tucked away.....but it doesn't need to be, now does it?  I could use those things to dress the gollies.

Thank you Sophie darling!  You've given me wonderful ideas.

And we are all so rooting for you with your new job!  It's quite exciting.  Especially given the un-emplyment issues in Europe.  I don't know how you wonderful friends are doing it  over there!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Dear Sophie,  you can't feel guilty having bought some Kickers. They are very comfortable, you can walk a lot with them and they will last for a long time. That's better than buying cheap shoes which won't resist more than a few months, isn't it  ?;)

Dilu :
http://www.kickers.fr/
:)

And you sure need elegant clothes to go to work. I don't as I work home but you just make me think I need something to wear for Ally Pally bear_laugh  :dance: (ok, I need to make bears before thinking about clothes...  bear_rolleyes )

Lots of hugs ! :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Well Dilu, Marion was faster to give you the website for Kickers...

I bought some model Flizz like this one, but in light brown:
http://www.minichaussures.com/mag/fr/product-112463.htm

Hey, Marion, you should not wait to go and find clothes, because you may just forget!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Enjoy your new clothes Sophie and glad that you went out on a shopping spree.
The kickers shoes look very comfortable - I have not heard of this brand before.
When do you start your new job?

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sophie, I love your new "Kickers"!! They look really comfy! Of course you shouldn't feel guilty buying new clothes when you need them for a new job! I SHOULD feel guilty because I keep buying city clothes and shoes that I can't resist and now that I live in the country all I really need is jeans and sweat shirts and runners! But I figure if it makes me happy it's still way cheaper than therapy so what the heck!!! I love more expensive clothes too but fortunately we have stores here called "Winners" (same store as T J Maxx in the US and they have a branch in Britain too but I forget what it is called) that sells designer clothes at such cheap prices you can't afford not to buy!  bear_grin

tanyacook1 Bears By Tanya

Congrats again.

NEVER feel guilty about more shoes. You need them. Plus your bears and your sweetheart want you to look cute too!

(I have so many that I have boxes of them in my boys' room.) bear_wacko

Keep looking great  (feeling comfy) and taking care of yourself. :hug:

Kathleen Pa
tanyacook1 wrote:

NEVER feel guilty about more shoes. You need them. Plus your bears and your sweetheart want you to look cute too!

:

Now those are words to live by!!

Kathleen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awe Sophie....you should be so pleased with yoru new job that you deserve some new clothes.  I am always looking fo reasons to buy clothes.  You only live once, right?

ENJOY!!!

sarahjane Brisbane

Enjoy yourself Sophie, you deserve it after such a long and difficult time of unemployment...and I echo what the others say ....don't feel guilty!!!   I know what you're saying though I always feel guilty spending money on myself!!!  bear_wacko

Board footer