Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I have shared before about my friend Sue. She is going in for breast cancer surgery today. It will be 12:30 eastern standard time.Lots of procedures before that time. Please lift a prayer for her now.My prayer is that they get it all and that the lymph nodes aren't involved. She is my best friend of 30 years. We have been through allot together. Her brother is going to be with her. They will only allow one person to be with her, so I will be at work praying hard , please join me in prayer today. Everytime she comes to mind say a prayer.Thank you.

VermontHarvest Vermont Harvest Primitives
Vermont

Jodi.  So sorry about your friend.  She is in my prayers.

Take care and God Bless
Doreen

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What a great friend Sue has found in you.  30 years!!  Wow.  I'm just thinking about how many years my best friend and I have known each other......Oh my gosh!.........
37 years!!!  Holey moley! 

To have one true friend for that long....One who loves you and is there for you through thick and thin....we are truly blessed, aren't we?

My prayers for Sue encompass you today too.

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Dear Jodi .. :hug: . So sorry zoo about your friend.  She is in my prayers and I hope she will get go news!  :hug:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Jodi, Sue will be in my prayers today.  Please keep us posted.   :pray:  :pray:  :hug:  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Thinking of you and your dear friend right now!!  Saying prayers for Sue and her family.
:hug:
~Chrissi

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I will definitely be praying for Sue.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

She is most certainly in my thoughts - I hope everything goes as well as it could for her.  bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I pray that Sue is in recovery and that her surgery was a success.  With a friend like you Jodi I'm sure she will be uplifted and strengthened to get through this.  Hugs and prayers to you both.   :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Jodi I send you a big hug.

Lynette

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Jodi: I hope all is well with your dear friend. Being a breast cancer surviver, I understand the fear and sadness that she must be going through and pray she will be fine. The best thing you can do for her is to lend your support which  you are already doing.

I would like to suggest a book that helped my through all the process.  It might help your frined. It is called "The Breast Book" by Dr. Susan Love. It is written in a way to help women understand what was happening to them, what to expect, questions to ask the doctor and treatment options....It may help your friend. 

And....Jodi, having breast cancer is not a death sentance. It is treatable. It's been 11 years since my mastectomy so  it is survivable.

Bear Hugs and many prayers for you and your friend. Write to let us know how she is doing

Michelle

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Jodie! Sue has a beautiful friend in you and we are saying many prayers for her today! I know in my heart all is well and we send you and Sue our love!

Hugs Louise

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Jodi, she´s in my prayers. I´m sure it´ll be OK.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Jodi, best wishes for your friend, I am sure she will be fine  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hey, Jodi, how is Sue???

Please, keep us posted about her!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Jodi:

Sue is in my prayers...had a scare myself 3 years ago..had surgery and all is well so far...

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

beary_clairey Luton

Sending big hugs to your friend and hope that she came out the other side of the op OK.

Hugs  :hug:

Claire

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend Sue.
I hope that all will turn out well.

Best wishes & hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Well, I'm a day behind, but I hope her surgery went well and she has a rapid recovery. It seems like they send surgery patients home so quickly these days. I'm glad she will have friends and family to support her in her recovery. I will keep you both in my prayers, Jodi, and her family too. :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm late, but I hope her surgery went well.  Cancer is a terrible thing.  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
Michelle Helen wrote:

Jodi: I hope all is well with your dear friend. Being a breast cancer surviver, I understand the fear and sadness that she must be going through and pray she will be fine. The best thing you can do for her is to lend your support which  you are already doing.

I would like to suggest a book that helped my through all the process.  It might help your frined. It is called "The Breast Book" by Dr. Susan Love. It is written in a way to help women understand what was happening to them, what to expect, questions to ask the doctor and treatment options....It may help your friend. 

And....Jodi, having breast cancer is not a death sentance. It is treatable. It's been 11 years since my mastectomy so  it is survivable.

Bear Hugs and many prayers for you and your friend. Write to let us know how she is doing

Michelle

Thanks for sharing Michelle...She has some good books , I will have to see if she has that one.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Her surgery went well took longer than expected though which she will find out why next Monday when she goes back to the doctor. They didn't even keep her over night. She did not have the whole breast removed only about 1/3 and the sentinel node was the only one they took out. So I guess she will find out more Monday... but she was happy that they didn't take out more lymph nodes and put in drains. But she got news a day after that tests on the other breast don't look good, they are watching something there also. So She is going to ask about that Monday too. I am going over to see her later today , I will tell her about all the wonderful teddy bear friends she has. Thanks every one for your prayers. And thanks to those who have shared about their survival.Keep the faith !!! GOD is in control !!!

BevsHuggables Bev's Huggables Plus
Leland, NC

Sue is lucky God has given her a friend like you Jodi. God Bless you both. And yes God is in controll!!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Jodi, thank you so much for sharing with us.

I am sure your friend is in good hands and that all the nasty nodes will be removed and that she will be fine after all surgery is done (if more is needed of course).

You must stay confident.

I send all my best wishes to Sue.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Here is an up date, She went today to find out about the lymph node they took out. Well... there was cancer in it so they have to go back in and take out 30 more, all of them under that arm. Then radiation and kemo. So long tuff road ahead. Keep he in your prayers please.I went over to get her out of the house tonight. We went to dinner and shopping a little , she wanted new PJ"S and then back to her house for pie. At least I helped fill some really lonely hours.Her husband has left her and her youngest moved out the day after her last surgery, so she is at her lowest. But she is so strong..I know she will fight hard.Please , please pray for her and for me to be strong for her.

Board footer