Hello Bearmakers
  I was wondering where do you get  rubber stamp patterns for bearmaking 
I saw one in a book. Are they any good?
Thanks
Marian

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Marian,

I'm a rubber stamper from way back and am dabbling in it again these days.  My Mum & I even had our own range of stamps for awhile!

I have never seen any bear making stamps - sounds interesting.  I guess you could always have your own patterns put onto a stamp - I'd just get them made up into unmounted plates, rather than individual mounted stamps.

It'd still be a costly excersize though.
Danni

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Marian,

A year ago when I was looking into having a logo or something made into a stamp I searched out a few places online, searching by custom rubber stamp. (rubber or polymer)  Some places have a minimum order or charge you a lot for not meeting a min. order. 
I never had the stamp made so I can't speak to quality to anything, but this site offered a decent price and had no minimum order requirement.  http://www.a1stamps.com/

I would still shop around.  Just use their contact links and ask for quotes.  I think the one above was a set price..like $___ for the first square inch and then $____for each additional square inch.

These stamps are great for your mini patterns, esp if you're doing a series or edition.  It's quick, easy, and you're using your fabric smartly each time. If you're not doing a series, edition or mass creating that one specific pattern..then it's probably not worth the money you would spend on the stamp. 
Good Luck!!
:hug:
~Chrissi

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I hope I am not off the topic here, but I just had a rubber stamp made up for my business things and my shrinky dinks.  I went to a local stationery shop and they had it made up next day.   Its fabulous. Its about 2 x 2 inches.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

No Karen you're not off topic.  bear_thumb
I think local stationary shops and office supply places can make up a custom worded stamp very quickly...but I'm not sure about custom drawn stamps.  My local supply place couldn't do those.  But some may, so I'd always ask bear_original

:hug:
~Chrissi

Board footer